The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Eraserhead!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AC Name: Eraserhead!

Head: YH15-DRONE
Core: C02-URANUS
Arms: A07-LEMUR
Legs: CR-LF71
Booster: B04-BIRDIE2
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: CR-G91
Radiator: CR-R69
Inside: NONE
Extension: NONE
Back Unit R: WB02L-GERYON LASER CANNON
Back Unit L: CR-WB78GL GRENADE LAUNCHER
Arm Unit R: WR05L-SHADE LASER RIFLE
Arm Unit L: CR-WH01HP HANDGUN

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O04-GOLGI, O06-PHAGE,
CR-O86R+, MARISHI

color scheme: not pink ... maybe fuschia so its hard to scream XD

name changed because I was (not so rudely) awakened to eraserhead and parokya ni edgar music just a while ago and for some strange reason I decided to post this design. I like Eraserheads more compared to Parokya so no paroky ac anytime soon XD

I actually made this early right after the last pact competition out of shame and regret of my pinkish disaster. But I decided to just stow it away in the garage area ... maybe its the rain that made me post XD.

anyway on to the design and tactics proper.

g-91 , poor as rad, birdie 2 and a very cool set of legs proclaims my continuing love for the birdie2 booster.

shade: is its standard pew pew weapon

hp: is for those ""someone has to die" moments the trying to be cool and hip thing is mainly coincidental.

the gl and geyron: are droppable (more like you have to drop one or the other) choose between a solid or shiny punch depending on the scenario.

urANUS: is only for last ditch efforts when you dont have anything else to fire at the enemy. its eo is fun but why I actually picked it was for its weight, slots, and en def.

tactic is standard mid range hit and dodge tactics hopefully the booster set up is cool enough and sustained enough for this.

gl and geyron for heavy fire drop on or the other as what seems best.

yes I know lemur is gay and all I had to give this paper thin ac some decent def ratings XX

anyway again as I dont have a working ps2 (yet) so hope you guys test it for me.
The EN def is above average but I kinda worry about the high EN consumption parts + EN weapons + Birdie2(ayon sa builder)
Quads like dashing on the ground as it makes controlling range easier. I'd most likely use Vulture2 or Gull as booster.

R69? why.

Shade's a godly weapon in LR but not so much on quads I think. Quads like to rely on their cannons as main weapons while Shade's usually reserved for bipeds/rjs as their main weapon. I'd probably use RS or R2 in place of Shade.
I originally used a lotus, R69, and birdie 2 combo and it works for me. I wanted to go for the G-91 for some boost longevity but I have to admit now I didn't look over my en output to well.

anyway I'll look if I can still salvage the design but I have to admit the birdie2 has to go XX and with it the r69 XX but I do believe I can still keep the shade.

EDIT:
so far this is what I've got

Core: C02-URANUS
Arms: A09-LEMUR2
Legs: LF02-GAVIAL
Booster: B03-VULTURE2
FCS: MIROKU
Generator: CR-G91
Radiator: CR-R69 -> change to hazel or ananda as needed
Back Unit R: CR-WB78GL GRENADE LAUNCHER
Back Unit L: WB02L-GERYON LASER CANNON
Arm Unit R: WR05L-SHADE LASER RIFLE
Arm Unit L: WL14LB-ELF2 LASER BLADE

Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O04-GOLGI, O06-PHAGE,
CR-O86R+, MARISHI,

before anything else this was meant for 2 on 2 as a light weight support AC. But looking I made it a mid weight with better armor.

reason why I kept the R69: mainly for its low drain and weight I'll gladly change it if it can't handle the vulture. Something I noticed on 2 on 2 fights is that unless you have godly cooling FF will always overheat you its tactics that dictate your chances more than set up.

the uranus stayed as this has less weapons and the lemur2 restrictions means no more left hand weapon if I tot the shade.

as before drop one of the shoulder weapons as needed.

anyway this is another set up I though of for 2 on 2 battles

Core: CR-YC99UL hanger
Arms: A07-LEMUR
Legs: CR-LF81
Booster: B05-GULL
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: G01-LOTUS
Radiator: R01-HAZEL
Back Unit R: CR-WB87GLL GRENADE LAUNCHER
Back Unit L: NONE
Arm Unit R: YWH14PU-ROC4 PULSE RIFLE
Arm Unit L: CR-WH01HP HANDGUN

Arm Unit L Hanger: CR-WH69H HANDGUN
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, KISSYOH, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O04-GOLGI,
CR-O86R+, MARISHI,

it was meant to rush in early with the gll + hp

the roc4 + 69h was meant for the drawn out battle

my question is would this work?
You dont have to have godly cooling to survive a 2v2 battle in lr, you just have to have good awareness and a decently fast AC to dodge shots. From the vids I seen of last PACT tournament you guys play the game too slow and end up dying out in 30 seconds, making the game look like nb-- which it isn't.

I dont really like the first reiteration you did. The gavial legs are really slow and aren't even worth it in PvP. Miroku with a ND lock weapon is bad times. Geryon3 was a way better choice for a quad than Geryon1-- especially in 2v2 situations. HP is always a better choice compared to a blade for a left arm weapon, if this is a tournament based design. If HP ruins the lockbox of miroku, then it's always good to just equip nothing on left arm.

Second setup is slightly better, but having Lemur arms and the pathetic LF81 legs seems to make the AC too unbalanced. ROC2 is way better than ROC4-- especially considering the fact you have hangars and can afford to pocket a 69H under if in need of more ammo.

I'm never a big fan of Lotus on quads though, they rely so much on ground dashing that you'd want the extra bar.

A rush in with 98G/HP would be way better than a rush in with GLL/HP.

Keeping R69 for low drain isn't the best of options. If you're looking to shred some drain off the AC just dont use an energy based right arm weapon and all and use G91 generator.
Face summed most of it up pretty well already. But I'll give these a spin too when I get the chance.
thanks for the input seriously can't say much myself because I agree with what you XP

I should really revamp my design philosophy XX
Try these revisions for the last design that you posted. (i still tried to capture the essence of what you were going for, while also incorporating many of face's suggestions)

drone (1,0,4,6,0)
ua (7,0,0,3,0)
a72f (0,3,1,6,0)
lf71 (0,0,7,3,0)
vulture2 (0,5,0,5)
f73h
g91 (0,8,2)
hazel (0,0,10)
-
-
98g dual grenade
98g