The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Goatita
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
S2 (0,0,4,6,0)
89E (3,1,0,6,0)
XS (0,0,3,7,0)
DINGO2 (0,1,3,6,0)
VULTURE2 (0,3,2,5)
VOLUTE
G91 (0,8,2)
ANANDA (0,0,10)
-
RM3
RA
HARPY2
ROC4
ROC4

AMINO, ES, L+, GOLGI, HISTON, PHAGE, MARISHI

AC's built with 2-on-2 in mind, though it should work just as effectively in 1-on-1. Hasn't been tested against a human opponent, but I think it'll do fine.

The AC's obviously heavily inspired by Goat's PACT 5 AC. For me, this is the new definition of gay. HEAVY emphasis on DPS while ALSO causing heat. It melts AND it fries! Heavy emphasis on speed and surplus energy as well.

HARPY2+RM3 is only for melting enemy heavy tanks. Otherwise, just drop at the start. If HARPY2 gets an RR ban, replace with 75MT.

Weaknesses: Light armor and relatively low cooling. Small lockbox.

Tactic: Get in range, get a lock, release exceed orbits, hold down both fire buttons and never let go. GG.

Note: No, I won't use something like this for PACT 6. LOL
Better off with Gaea core, then ROC2/R3 as weapons.

An even better option would be to make it as light as possible with Gaea core, then backpedal hardcore, while using dual HPs only when they close in too close.

That route would involve Lotus as gen and possibly even using Hazel rad.
I gotta agree with Face on that first part. I can't see a bot like this working too well against decent players. I've seen dual roc4 bots attempted before and they always failed badly. It's too easy to hard-counter those handhelds, and the orbits don't support them well at all. The same general strategy to dodge one (run away in straight lines) works just as well for avoiding the other.

Gaea fixes a ton of problems for sure. Roc2/r3 also works similar or better than the current setup too. One time I saw a p3/roc4 set that worked pretty well. Maybe look into that as well. Really tho, gaea works wonders.

To summarize, I'd go:

rm3 -> rm2 or rm
harpy2 -> harpy
r arm -> roc2 or p3
l arm -> r3 or stay the same

If I was for certain not running roc4s and solid ammo handhelds I might go with harpy2+rm3.
Nah, it's more of a plain concept that's supposed to look gay on paper rather than something I'd ever personally run. And HARPY2+RM3 is only for sniping tanks. Otherwise, it's dropped right at the start. But yeah, GAEA and P3/Roc4 sounds great.
But to be completely honest dual ROC4 doesn't look gay on paper.

Other than that, I dont see this forum's fascination with making stuff that looks gay on paper but stuff you'd never pilot.
(08-12-2009, 07:15 AM)ItakeShitsonyourFace Wrote: [ -> ]Other than that, I dont see this forum's fascination with making stuff that looks gay on paper but stuff you'd never pilot.

We want to milk LR for all it's worth, even if ACs aren't competitive. LOL

I want to see how this AC works on a 2-on-2 situation. Try natin nang minsan NiX.
I would pilot it, but just not in a tourney. And it's more of my fascination rather than the forum's. Just trying to have fun with a 4-year-old game when there are no people to play against.
hopefully SL/LR for psp come with full featured controls.
Nix, try these:

- change 89E to GAEA

- change right ROC4 to 93RL

- change HARPY2 to WB69M

- or removed RM3 and HARPY2, then try YASHA
Tried some things out briefly.

I still think that 89E's the more appropriate core for this one. GAEA tends to get in the way of the energy supply. And this is meant to be more in-your-face rather than a backpedaler anyway. The EOs are only meant to supplement the attack of the arm weapons.

RL doesn't suit the AC at all since the goal here is DPS and heat. Not to mention that RL will slow down the AC a lot. PIXIE3+ROC4 is a much better alternative as it does great DPS too and is easier to use though it doesn't cause nice heat spikes like ROC4+ROC4 can. And I just have more fun with the dual ROC4s. But if ever I do go the route of PIXIE3+ROC4, I can probably switch over to LOTUS+GULL for even more underweightedness.

Again, HARPY2+RM3 is only for chipping away at heavy tanks from a distance. Otherwise, it's to be dropped at the start of a match. No need for 69M since I have no intention to simply poke. And no way I'm using YASYA for anything. The AC's sort of a one-trick pony though that really was the intention from the start.
Yasya is so sik tho!

Yeah it's gimmicky but carrying around two giant barrels like Diddy Kong has it's merits.
mean YASHA will work well if versus AI, PD?
It'll can work against AI, correct.

Against a person, not so much. I've done it a few times but never with spectacular or even consistent results.
okay.

btw even if not any banned parts, this I promise to myself is "don't ever use ROC4 and WH79H3 again" (because it's too good)
h3 is banned here but roc 4 is just restricted its not that borked in comparison to h3 anyway IMO XD
Pages: 1 2