The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Obelisk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Head: CR-H05XS-EYE3 (0,0,4,6,0)
Core: C05-SELENA (3,1,0,6,0)
Arms: A09-LEMUR2 (4,2,4,0,0)
Legs: CR-LH96FA (0,0,4,6,0)
Booster: CR-B83TP (0,0,0,10)
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: G02-MAGNOLIA (3,4,3)
Radiator: ANANDA (0,0,10)
Inside: I07D-MEDUSA2 DECOY DISPENSER
Extension: E06RM-GAR2 RELATION MISSILE
Back Unit R: CR-WB73MV VERTICAL MISSILE
Back Unit L: WB11M-HYDRA MULTI MISSILE
Arm Unit R: CR-WH05BP BAZOOKA
Arm Unit L: SUITEN SHIELD

O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, KISSYOH, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O04-GOLGI, CR-O86R+

(Choice of Hydra or Vert)

Like the Osiris, this AC here's also a remake of one of my staples from Silent Line. It was only now that I had the inspiration to recreate it.

Thanks to the armor and shielding system of Silent Line, the old Obelisk could just keep taking hits and not even take damage from some of the weaker shell weapons. Most opposing ACs actually just ran out of ammo.

In LR though, the same effects can't be achieved anymore. To offset the loss of damage-soaking ability, this "heavy" relies on armor as well as speed (thanks of course to a combination of some of the cheapest parts in LR. But hey, it's a single-wielder! LOL ).

From a distance, this AC can use its weapons opportunistically, while theoretically only taking minimal damage. EOs punish anything that gets too close while also serving as mid/long-range spam if needed. Against close-range opponents, the missiles can be dropped right from the start.

EDIT - At the start of the match, just drop the shield. -_-
-_-

Rick and I tested the solid shields (arm and shoulder) the other day. THEY DON'T WORK. The defensive sweet spot is so stupidly small that you'll practically never hit it. You're better off with the extra speed you get from not having a shield in the first place. -_-

Energy shields with ops do work ok though.
So ibig sabihin kahit itaas man ng shield yung def rating mo, walang rin silbi yon kapag yung shield ay di tinatamaan?
Yeah, SOBRANG liit ng area of effect ng solid shields. Nakatayo nalang ako dun at nagpapabaril para mahanap yung sweet spot. Pero WALA, siguro once or twice lang namin nakita yung damage reduction after shooting from several angles and using various shell weapons. Lang kwenta talaga.

Sa Silent Line kasi effective talaga yung solid shields eh. May angles pa nga nga zero damage eh. -_-
Yeah even if the shields break, that means nagamit mo sila. Just swap that shield with something else.