The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: BlazBlue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Anyone planning on getting it? It's by the same people behind Guilty Gear, they're calling this game its spiritual successor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazBlue

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CFpd5Q2S94Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CFpd5Q2S94Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Lol. Spiritual? It's more like... the HD dimension ver of Guilty Gear. XD;

You will find very familiar looking chracters in this game that may remind you of:
Sol (specially due to his moves), Ky, Chipp, Jam, Potemkin, Millia, Eddie, prolly more since I don't remember all the characters.

The system is (at least) a bit different as there is only three attack buttons against Guilty Gear's currently running 5. Meter mechanics also seem different (How HP, Pow Lv and Gaurd Lv works). But aside from that, it seem very familiar. I don't think I'll feel too lost when I try this game. :o
Wow.. Another fighter, this year is turning out to be awsome for me, with SF4,KOFXII, Fate, Tekken 6 and nao this. So what system and when?
Oh and yeah, to those who hav'nt played it yet(or lack the means to do so) SF4 for the PC is nao ready to DL via torrent. There's your bike money!
it's already out. but i'm not really into the GG fighting system. I do like watching other people play the game. i'm waiting for MVSC2 *marvel vs capcom2* to hit PSN. This year is definitely a year of fighting games for sure!
Well, I actually want to get this game but I don't know if I'll actually have anyone to play with >.>
Jst clicked the link jst nao. So it's for nxt gen systems.. Pagaralan ko mna, if I do get this game I'll probably go for PS3(tho geting this for XB360 is realy tempting).
their is online so no worries bout who to play the game with. my 'friend' from Hong Kong said lsmooth ang online.
Well. It looked like everyone liked it, and I kind of don't know where to begin with it. So how about what you think about the game BlazBlue aka GG 2.0?
check this out
BlazBlue Hakumen vs Rachel; Hakumen vs Jin; Ragna vs Taokaka Gamechariot (14/04/09)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt2_ZnuEvAg

Observe the Rachel.....now....compare to my Hakumen.....
i have encountered players who play like that online and in no way i was Haku raping (>___<)
maybe i've sparked that competitive drive on you with the Haku rape *for now* but sometime in the future i'm sure we'll have interesting matches which i look forward to. I'm currently learning Ragna....maybe Tao in the future...but i think i'll stick to Ragna and Haku.

I highly suggest watching tournament videos to get a glimpse of how each character in BB plays @ high level....it definitely shows how balanced the game is since All characters can definitely excell as they make use of their unique pros/cons.

edit: Although i don't think i'll use Carl....this link is very useful to those who are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?gl=CA&hl=...iew=videos
Pocky sticks!!!

now I remember the name of that guy... it was Jin Kirasagi.. (correct me if i'm wrong)
for my first look in the game, i think this will be as good as GGear, and the characters are few but incredibly unique in play style.
Use search. Topics merged.
ooops........HERBS!!!@@!
I forgot there was a thread already......to think i also replied.
Mix GET THE GAME!!!!
SF4 is going casual in my list......because of online inconsistency.....but in this game.....omg most of the players i encountered online are really good and the connection is as if i am playing on the same screen with them!

Jake don't worry....i bought the game, and you will have someone to match up against....though i already have a huge head start though...what's good is all the characters are unique so if u decide to play and learn a character i'll use someone besides Hakumen....

@azuriel -- pocky sticks? that was Hakumen aka the white void....but since i use the green one...well i'd say the Green Void. =D
Actually I'm very well aware of how I was losing to a Haku-men at that time, it was all really zoning and poking. Which is great for something with a Magatama system since you zone/poke until you think your magatamas are ready to unleash badass-ness. Unfortunately I haven't learned enough about Rachel to take advantage of her super armor or her really fast pokes. Her reach sucks but it's the best when combined with Silpheed. Until I'm like totally used to how she moves about (frame time lag after moves, how to actually use silpheed right, etc), growing her game will be utterly difficult. I have to kill Goat to get a PS3.

btw Hemp. I noticed that your Haku lacks mixup. You have your opponent in your sweet striking zone already, make sure to keep them there by making them have to guess where to block or if they SHOULD block. (Like use moves that require high-gaurd more often.) I did notice that you were learning to use grab and capture attacks more though, and quick learners always keep me on the edge of my seat while playing. You also play a great poking game. Very interested in fighting you again. Big grin With your methodical and observant fighting style, I think Bang is also a good match for you.

Just watched the link you provided too, I didn't think of using Silpheed to produce short range triangle jumps. Wow. I guess Rachel has a much better high-low game than I thought. I also think I just picked up a couple of very handy tricks with her normal moves. Watching the vid makes me think about how much I don't 100% understand about the game yet, like how damage scaling works, throw breaking, etc. Oh well, Goat will have to help me out with this venture. Thanks for that. Haha.
Haku doesn't really have mix up...since he lacks overhead...unless i time the J.C. 214C...his badd ass double swipe is overhead and usually a risky mix up that i use. Lately i encountered Jp players and it was a fun game indeed. Had a match with Noel and Bang...my favorite since they are not omg confusing Rachel offense but they give just the right pressure. I had a 3-1 match with Bang. The loss i had was epicly tense, maybe i'll upload some of the vids, for now i'll compile more replays.

You're right bout my style with Haku, well that's because it's the best strat for him from what i have learned and seen since the stars don't come quickly unless you instant block or time the counters right. Currently getting my ass handed to me online since i use Ragna....damn Jin's! I'm thinking of using him as well but i like the pressure and mix ups of Ragna so i'll still go with learning him.

Try playing online in GG when you feel confident enough with your Rachel it will definitely help a lot. JP players are awesome to match up against since they have a lot of experience. Almost every fight i have with them ends up with an epic ending or close match.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7