The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: PACT 5 Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
haven't seen a godzilla match for a while sure missed that.

I also think we can do all but I voted for 2 on 2 for a change of pace.

a decent royal rumble I think I've only been in one of those XP
Every tourney I've ever been to had money involved. It's fun. Usually we always just use the winnings to buy dinner for our friends. It's a good look and leaves everyone feeling okay about losing. They practically get the money back, afterall.

I've always wanted to do a 2 on 2 tourney. Since you guys are focusing on "just for fun" I think either 2 on 2 (where noone really knows how it works yet and it leaves the game wide open) or PACT4 (where everyone knows the system well) would be best for you guys.

2 on 2 is so much fun...man I wished I could have been in a tourney like that. I've been pushing for one since SL. Sad
Fukit, let's just go for 2-on-2, just because we have never done it before. My only request is that each team share the same color scheme. If there's no way we can make a balanced 2-on-2 rule book by 1 month before RR3/BYOB2, let's just go for what we've voted on.

My initial suggestion is to use non-repeating parts for both designs with basic PACT rules as a framework (no TP, HP in hangers, etc...) which will result in many AC variations. With that basic rule, I'd like to add something up to your interpretation. Both your ACs should have a unique quirk or theme between them, which I interpret as having a special attack or a common theme like dual OB rushing or EO spamming, or missile raining your opponents. I leave it to you guys on how to interpret this, but the latter one is not a rule set in stone. It is more a suggestion on how we make this PACT event more unique.

Balancing teams though, is a totally different matter, which I will need the help you guys in deciding. I think I'm getting ahead of myself though, I'd like to know if there are enough paired participants in RR, at least enough to fill an 8 team bracket for a balanced double elimination tournament. That's 16 people already, and we rarely get that amount of participants.
The problem with the non-repeating parts for both ACs in a 2on2 setup is that we have to assume that everyone will have a teammate to coordinate/practice with.

If we can decide team-ups right now, it'll be possible.

But such rules will prevent any unexpected single participants from joining in the fun.
That just means we have to be really prepared beforehand. I just suddenly liked the idea of a 2-on-2 tourney because we've never done it before so I'm vouching for it. Maybe we can forego with the no-same-parts rule in favor of an unwritten quirky theme between the 2 ACs (I'm expecting to see a Jet Stream Attack or two Smile) ) to allow more participants in as you said.

Do you guys want randomized team ups? Ala bunotan on the day itself or before hand and discuss strategies and designs with each other? Or would you like to operate as a team from the very beginning?

Hypothetical participants, assuming they go out of retirement for this:

Lord Leperman
Grim
Nix
Maitreya
Sforza
Goat
Nerese
Clonezero
Fox
Atdsutm
Archangel
AEA1
Doom Trigger
Moonlight Raven
Dave
Beastkiller
Twin-Skies
Roninfang
HAYWIRE
Grimweld09
Azuriel
Otakuwaren

So yeah, it is possible to go beyond 8 pairs for this tourney given our members.
A maximum of 11 pairs, minimum of 8.

If it's gonna be a 2on2, playing Referee ako ehehe.
how come i'm not on the list Tears
Hehe you'll be here ng August 15?

Boto ka, whether you'll be able to go or not. Every vote counts. Big grin
Responsible voting counts.

lol Election jitters.
(06-22-2009, 10:22 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe you'll be here ng August 15?

Boto ka, whether you'll be able to go or not. Every vote counts. Big grin

I just noticed that AppleHead voted LOL
Yeah randomized teams sounds kinda fun. I do think Lep is right to say you guys should try to figure out teams beforehand if only so that people can work together to make a unifying theme.

Or, maybe you could try and give a prep period the day of the tourney? For example, you could do like you were planning with the random teams being assigned that day, and after give like an hour or two of prep time for teammates to get acquainted and work out a small amount of strategy as well as making modifications to their bots so that they sync up a little better. It's not much but it's something. It's especially doable because most of you guys are already familiar with each other. It'll be easier in general for you guys to work things out quickly and efficiently.

Team fights gogogo!
You should do blade only and look like a bunch of queers.

Raor Stones status up in here.
The PACT 5 girl is hot.
Let's go 2-on-2. I'd go for the PACT regulations for a single AC, but not the no-repeating parts. Having a theme will be cool though. It could replace the former PACT regulations as long as the ACs follow the theme.

I'd fear a team bato. (i.e. GOMAP team)
Yeah I was thinking something along the lines of that. I wanted it to be an unwritten rule though to allow as much creativity as possible but within the rules of PACT. Twin GOMAP is crazy though, just pair up with Beastkiller for best results LOL. I want entrance theme songs like in pro-wrestling as well Tongue

I can ask people who are interested in this tourney type through mobile or PM, and are interested in going and THEN make the pair-ups as soon as a week from now, unless if there are those who really want to be paired ups with a specific player for some reason.

Also, Nerese you have to join as well Tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6