The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Future PACT?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's been more than half a year since anything happened here. With the recent talks about AC going active again, maybe it's time we think on what platform the next PACT would be on?

This is just a survey, not a decisive thing. Maybe it's about time we had some serious AC action again.

LR is possibly still far-by the most accessible (and most understood) AC game for us all here. We know how it works, and we know how to make good ACs and matches. The boards itself basically grew up on this AC game.

FA.. Well, the world's going next gen. Problem is, only a few people have the game, or can play the game regularly. With multiple regulations, we'd have to pick up the best one for tournies. An advantage of this is game, skill-wise for tourneys, I think the playing field is kinda even.

Or, we can go retro with an older incarnation. How would we fare if we went SL or MoA or AA? I like this idea, but it'll be a lot of work for us. Again, availability of the game(s) would be a problem, since they're much older. And also, we'd have to make PACT regulations for the game(s). Unlike LR, where we have established regulations, FA which can use online regulations, older incarnations would be needing time and tests to make regulations.

So what're your opinions?
I'd say let's wait for AC3P for the PSP. At least its something we're all gonna be familiar with, and given the proliferation of PSPs, it should be easier to hold the next PACT for that game as no bulky equipment would be necessary to hold the tournament.

If its gonna be FA, it has to be offline. I saw first hand what a big difference lag can do in a serious fight (20K lead went to mush).
FA, surely 1.4 regs is a very decent one.
(05-12-2009, 08:13 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say let's wait for AC3P for the PSP. At least its something we're all gonna be familiar with, and given the proliferation of PSPs, it should be easier to hold the next PACT for that game as no bulky equipment would be necessary to hold the tournament.

I say wait also, then we can make a decision. Tentatively though, I think it will boil down to the PS2 games, or this PSP one.
I voted others but LR is just as good for me. But if you round up enough guys for an fA tourney, I also won't mind. I'll just watch though.
Scratch that, I intended to vote for "others" (I pressed the 2nd choice by accident), since I'm also waiting for AC3P. I'm fine with any AC game though, especially LR since I still have my data with me. Tongue
I can do with all 3 myslelf but yeah some lr would be nice

buuut~

we havent had a acFA or ac3p pact yet XX
Not to be insulting, but you guys barely have enough participants to run a proper tournament despite everyone having played the AC games on PS2s. There's no way a PSP or PS3 tournament is going to have enough participants.
we are too divided lol
In a way yes...

I voted for LR.

PACT5: Sayonara LR
I just thought of something...
Maybe we could do this as a 2on2. More people can join in that way.
All we need to do is reduce the number of missiles AC can launch to reduce the pressure the PS2's get from too much data.
Ok lang sakin. Iba rin metagame ng 2on2 eh. Paano kampihan? Bunot?
Bunot. 1and1 vs 2and2
Even back then, we don't know who we're going to fight. So why not play without knowing who we're going to fight with?

Kasi pag kampihan, maraming modus na magagawa yung partners na maganda yung synch.
Kung kampihan, The higher ranks should choose partners from the lower ranks, para kahit paano, balanced.

Last time, CZ, Fox, Doc and I took over 10 minutes for just one round...

I guess this would be something good if ever...
PACT:2v2
1 Round Double Elimination.
Timelimit: None
Added Bans: Missiles with maximum launch over 4, Including Hydra2 and Micros to reduce graphic pressure. Echidna must be tested.
Have Random partner over draw lots.
Ok din 2-vs-2. But IMO, we'll have to tolerate slowdowns/bullet-time due to the PS2's capacity. Outrightly banning a missile-type for the sake of processing speed is imba, IMO. And verts, dual back missiles, missile arms, and probably orbits would be included in the ban too.

Also, we have to make a different set of regulations for a 2-on-2 tourney. We may have to be more strict to keep the game balanced. (We allow dual HPs in our current rules... But what about four simulatenous HPs? Weapon Break.)
Oh man a 2v2 tournament sounds so dope. I always wanted to go to one. Team battles are loads of fun.
Pages: 1 2 3