The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Thoughts of a Kuro Neko [Tsukihime]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts of a Kuro Neko
By Immaterial

Sleep...feel so sleepy...

Really. I guess there was no use stopping it. I eventually have to wake up sooner or later. Being in my Kuro Neko form does that and there's no problem about it. Shiki was not here anyway. His room was empty. And that would very well explain the reason I was sleeping on his bed. Nobody would mind. Really.The maids? I don't know or don't really care. I could very well assume they are going about their duties. Shiki's sister? Who knows, she might still be in school. Suprisingly enough, the Tohno mansion can get very lonely when Shiki is away. I slowly opened one eye, despite doing the said action took all the will I have in my current state.

Darkness.

This late already? I suddenly realized I was asleep THAT long. Blinking once then twice helped me removed the sleepiness a bit, just enough for me to remove myself from that sleeping position. Still, it didn't completely remove it so I tried with my other sure-fire way of waking myself up. I stretched my body, every muscle in my frame twitching from the tips of my ears to my tail as they were shook from being still for so long. I guess I am awake now. I rubbed the back of my paw across my eyes, the bells on my neck making a soft tinkling sound as I did so. I blinked at the sound but turned to Shiki's desk, just where I knew the clock was.

5:00 pm.

Seeing in the dark was no problem at all but being informed of the time was enough to tell me why the place was so lonely and quiet. Shiki should be coming home soon and I was thankful I woke up on my own will. Knowing him, he won't disturb me at all and I could have ended up sleeping much longer than I had wanted to. As for the others, one of the maids, the silent one if I recall, would be waiting outside the mansion's gates by this time. Shiki's sister would probably be in her room attended by the other maid, the more cheerful one, I think. I don't need to do anything at all. Waiting in his room was enough.

So why?

Why do I suddenly found myself in standing in front of his bedroom's door as if getting ready to step outside? Unconsciously, I began to adjust the black ribbon that kept my long blue hair secure and also dusted off imaginary lint while straightening out some imaginary creases from my same hued outfit. This was how I looked like, out of my Neko form. I don't know what urged me to be like this but there was really no harm in doing so, right? One last check and I found myself walking out the door, not really sure where I was going but I kept on walking anyway.

The kitchen?

"Ah, Konnichiwa, Ren-san."

It was the other maid. I had forgotten that among her duties besides taking care of Shiki's sister, that she was the one who handled making meals for the whole household. I couldn't say my relationship with her was good but it wasn't exactly bad either. The red-haired maid acknowledged my presence at least and she was more welcoming compared to the other one, her twin sister I heard. Thing was, there was something about the seemingly cheerful smile this particular twin had. Something I cannot really tell. It was one of those things that you think about when you see the person but forget later when the person is away. Still, Shiki enjoyed her presence and her smile.

"Anything I can do for you? Shiki-san should be coming home soon. Hisui-chan is already outside, waiting."

That was all I needed to know. I turned to walk away, without saying a word. I'm pretty sure she was getting used to me by now. I was really not one to say anything. And she didn't mind, she was a maid only after all. Pretty soon I found myself outside and as the cheerful one said, her sister was there by the gate, waiting. It suprised me how dedicated this particular twin was. She would act serious most of the time, even dead but her dedication and stubborness in her duties was something Shiki appeared to favored.

Can't.

I suddenly realized I cannot move forward. As if, something was holding me back. True, it would be unusual for me to greet Shiki like this. I never did ever and...am I willing to do so now? For one thing, that maid was already there. It was her duty and role to do so.

The bells hanging on my neck tinkled once more and I was pretty sure the maid heard as she turned at my direction. She didn't see me though, I made sure she didn't. I don't think I want to see the other too and with that, I'm back in Shiki's room, sitting on his bed. I sighed. What was I thinking today? Maybe it was nothing. I knew what I could do in this house anyway. Shiki knew that very well and...

"Ah...Ren. You're awake."

I turned to the door to see him there. Shiki blinking and staring at me in his usual fashion. He looked suprised that I was awake. He smiled nervously, rubbing the back of his head as he did. I realized why. I was staring at him and he doesn't seem to liked the way I was doing so. I turned my head away as he drew closer and placed his bag on the bed.

And then, without a word, he suddenly patted me on the head. I turned to him, trying my best not to act too suprised. He smiled and left the room, without saying a word.

Ohkaeri, Shiki.