The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Grand Exhibit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi peeps sorry i havent posted anything at all in a long time here, been busy finishing up school, been job hunting, practicing my 2-d and 3-d skills and actually working on my book/story entitled "Genesis Project" i am working on both the concept art,details and basic story plot of the story as of now its 4 chapters already.

and after college comes..."work" anyways as a part required of my course in multi-media arts, we are to hold a grand exhibit before graduation basically as we put in school for us students this is our "One Last Push/The Last Stand".

I am inviting the ravens and non ravens in this forums to my grand exhibit entitled "Sold" together with 6 other exhibitors (my collegemates) this August 22 1pm to 6pm (Public Veiwing) 6pm to 9pm (Programs/events ) and august 23 1pm to 3pm (Public Veiwing) 3pm to 6pm (Programs/events ) which will be hold in De La Salle College Of Saint Benilde SDA building 6th floor Black Box.

Admission fee is just 20 pesos, but the thing is De La Salle is strict because only faculty and De La Salle students are the only ones allowed to enter.

The thing is thats the rule, but outsiders can enter upon request of a student/faculty of De La Salle. Well were preparing a guest list so that outsiders can visit, and only people in the guest list can enter (if your not faculty/student of de la salle) or those who called for reservations
(My group is still deciding when the RSVP will be but as of now wednesday august 20 is the deadline).

I am telling this is going to be a grand event as of now we have these as our major sponsors:

Fujifilm
Hyundai
SDA
Axis (forgot exactly the full name but their supposively the competitor for powermac)
Marie Claire (this is not yet sure, were still trying to contact this one)

So if any of you want to see my exhibit pls do email me or post in this thread your full name so that i can add you to the guest list (not in the guest list, no entry, unless your a faculty or student of De La Salle) also specify which date will u be visiting because there will 2 guest list on the days of the exhibit, one for august 22 the other for august 23

Also for those who are job hunting, this also might help you because as of now we have a porjected guest list of 200+ , people from the industry such as the dean of UST, "Silahis" owner of a chain of exhibit halls, people from summit media, and many more, we'll also have side events such as food of course (not yet sure on what of food will be serving) and a band (this is still not yet sure, but i hope our sponsor pushes through with this, they just said they'll provide a band)

Guys this is a once in a life time Happy you'll never know you might find also a job opportunity/future in disguise Happy so i do suggest you guys bring your portforlio/demo reel/calling cards if you have one Happy.

Ill post the poster here when one the groupmembers who's assigned to it fnishes the revisions.
If you're an art person doing commissions as part time, I suggest you go if you're interested in getting commissions. These are they type of events where you can actually show your best foot forward and not only get a job, but get contacts. I suppose contacts and referrals would be important in such an industry as people would be recommending artists to others based on a particular artist's work. I had a friend who did illustrations for a certain book, and people started approaching her for contact information during the book launching, mostly by friends and associates of the book writer working on other projects.

If you do plan to enter in hopes of getting a job in that industry, start preparing calling cards and fix your portfolio. That will make it easier for them to contact you, in addition to adding a level of professionalism to your image.

Sadly, I'm not too enthusiastic about going at the moment (I'm still rather tired from the RR event we just had). Others might be interested though.
I'd like to go if you need people, since DLSU is really close to where I live.

Not really that interested though.
.... Dude i am one of the exhibitors and my portorlio, artworks,resume etc will be there T_T
Oh, then I'll be there for moral support. Big grin PM me for details.
grabe first day palang big success XD akala ng one of the visitors XD mga prof nag organize XD
tapos nag iwan ako ng mga 25-30 na calling card sa table/spot ko after the exhibit/2 hours na ubos XD

Grabe din yung sa auction portion, auction kasi theme ng exhibit namin, XD hindi namin aakalin may aabot na bid ng mga 30k XD

este naka log in pala si haywire hindi ko na log out sorry peeps its me RoninFang pagod galing sa exhibit forgot to log out her account first >_<
HayWire Wrote:Grabe din yung sa auction portion, auction kasi theme ng exhibit namin, XD hindi namin aakalin may aabot na bid ng mga 30k XD

Nice!
I wonder why RF and TS don't check which account is online in RR everytime they post XD
Weee XD well one of our guest is supposively the owner of "silahis" a exhibit hall in makati went to our exhibit. well he loved to the point that he has a proposal for our group, we will have another exhibit but this time outside of school in his exhibit hall full sponsorship all the expense he'll handle it our group will just handle the design aspect. Also this time we have 6 months to 1 year to prepare

Also to add to our turn of events, our exhibit is published in a lifestyle magazine/website called spot, well to keep things short heres the link.

http://www.spot.ph/hot_list/252/Sold-on-Sold%21

well i guess the exhibit was a bigger success than we thought XD
Wow, the good times just keep on rolling don't they? Best of luck on the next exhibit!