The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Mega Man 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They're really going retro with it, if you haven't heard. So retro, they're including stuff like screen flicker, sprite limitations, and chiptune sounds. The best part though, is the bad promotional art. Awesome!

[Image: megaman9hb4.jpg]

[Image: megaman9dragonco9.jpg]

[Image: megaman9badartyf8.jpg]

Read the interview with the producer here.
If that's the case, they're really going overboard with the retro feel.

I got to agree though, the promo art is awesome. Reminds me of the original box art for the very 1st game:

[Image: megaman1qs3.jpg]
Creepy.

Creepy.

Just creepy.

I mean, MegaMan with the sixpack-set and a PISTOL? WTF? Need to mention though, I grew up playing the X series anyway.
woah
woah
woah
OMW

soo megaman has a real pistol and a mega buster hehe
that shure made the hell of me .. even though the megaman now has many versions like the magaman zx heheh
The original Mega Man always has had a pistol. I dunno if it was part of the story that gave him the buster.

What I didn't know was that he looked that bad back then. Haha
He only had a pistol in the US box art cuz they were worried that the anime style art wouldn't be appreciated so much there.

If they did go through with this, they'd better make it super super epic, super long, super challenging. I'm imagining that the data requirement wouldn't even put a dent on current media formats.
NiX Wrote:If they did go through with this, they'd better make it super super epic, super long, super challenging. I'm imagining that the data requirement wouldn't even put a dent on current media formats.

For what it's worth, the producer definitely said it wouldn't fit on a cartridge. I'm betting it'll be challenging enough.
Fuck this game is really difficult. Which is good.
(01-24-2009, 12:21 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]Fuck this game is really difficult. Which is good.

I mentioned this too quite recently in another thread. Tangina ang hirap. LOL