The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The search for cheap tech stuff thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm meeting a guy tomorrow who's going to sell me 4gb PSP memory sticks 1k. Assuming it's not a dud, anyone want to tag along and buy too? Or I can pay for you first and just pay me back?

I think the going price is at least 300-500 pesos more expensive in malls or mainstream sellers.

If this pushes through, I'll have 4 working 4gb mem sticks, but 1 is semi-b0rken dying. I need them to watch high quality anime on my psp xD

Also, selling the almost b0rken 4gb mem stick for only 200 pesos! XDD
It still works perfectly fine!
Does he sell 2GB sticks? I need those if I were to try homebrew seriously...

Although another 4GB for tons more games couldn't hurt - MHF2 + T5 + GoW = no more space. Are you meeting him some other time again? Or maybe you can give me his contact number instead lol.
theGrim Wrote:Does he sell 2GB sticks? I need those if I were to try homebrew seriously...

Although another 4GB for tons more games couldn't hurt - MHF2 + T5 + GoW = no more space. Are you meeting him some other time again? Or maybe you can give me his contact number instead lol.

He should be selling 2GB sticks as well, I guess? I found this guy while randomly looking through ads at tipidpc.com

If the meeting goes well I'll send you his number. There are some people who are now selling as low as 950 already though, but you'd have to travel to Bicutan.

Are you going to try running a Linux distro on the PSP? XD
I met the guy, he's the real deal and he's nice. I'm actually surprised.

He only carries 4gb mem sticks though. Said he sells like 20 a day.

If you want to buy for 1k or so, let me know and I'll send you his number.

If you find something cheaper, please post it here too so I can kill you xD
Sforza Wrote:Said he sells like 20 a day.

Jawdrop

I will be contacting this Bench person. Does he know you by name?
No he doesn't. Just say I'm the person he met in dunkin' donuts in Makati Cinema Square today who bought 2 sticks.
So I tested both sticks extensively. One of them, I watched about five hours worth of anime. It went without a hitch.

The problem was the other memory stick, which kept freezing up the games I was playing (like MHF2) because it was suddenly not being detected at times even though it was untouched inside the unit. I had to fight one Tigrex five times because the game hung on me the first four.

I know this for a fact because I switched out the new mem stick for one of my old ones, and I killed three monsters without anything happening. Hopefully that Bench guy will agree to have the defective unit replaced -_-
Are his wares 100% new? And are they original Sony/Sandisk mem sticks? Or are they cheaper alternatives? He'll probably agree to have it replaced. I hope for your sake, anyway.
NiX Wrote:Are his wares 100% new? And are they original Sony/Sandisk mem sticks? Or are they cheaper alternatives? He'll probably agree to have it replaced. I hope for your sake, anyway.

- He says they're new, but the packages were unsealed when he handed them over. One even had T5: DR and MediEvil in it, with save file data o_o Actually, both had T5: DR in them. I know its a popular game, but why no MHF2!!! er. yeah.

- They're not original Sony memory sticks. With Sony Memsticks, there are class A fakes and below. the A ones are indistinguishable from the originals, except in terms of packaging. the ones I bought were 1/2 the price of class A sticks and 1/5 the price of originals. you get what you pay for xD
Sforza Wrote:Actually, both had T5: DR in them. I know its a popular game, but why no MHF2!!! er. yeah.

Even in ranting, adik ka parin. LOL
So I asked if I could have the stick changed, and he offered to meet me the very next day. We met this afternoon, and he changed the b0rken stick, no questions asked. He even let me test it while he waited, and was nice about it. I even pimped MHF2 to him for a bit LOL

I got home and tested the thing even more by playing Tekken DR, Disgaea and and Gundam Seed on it. Everything worked fine. So yeah, he's a good seller.
Sounds good. Does he also sell M2 Memory sticks? Big grin
NiX Wrote:Sounds good. Does he also sell M2 Memory sticks? Big grin

Nope Ermm

I find these people off tipidpc.com ... you could try searching through the offers for those things on your own, and if it's too far for you to pick up (Alabang = different country) I can pick it up in Makati. Offering so I can raise my positive feedback #s LOL

Click to get you started on the search for M2s.
so as to not make my own thread I'll just post here

will be buying a new psp soon anyone know any good and trusted places to get a psp-2000 not a big deal if its second hand but obviously I'd prefer a unit that can last.
(09-29-2011, 02:51 AM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]so as to not make my own thread I'll just post here

will be buying a new psp soon anyone know any good and trusted places to get a psp-2000 not a big deal if its second hand but obviously I'd prefer a unit that can last.

Buy mine when the Vita comes out!! LOL
Hmm. Seriously though? Try asking icyjames. He's a member here AFAIK? DT's friend.
Pages: 1 2