The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Thundershot Mk.III
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Head: CR-H84E2 (+3 shell def, +7 energy def)
Core: CR-C83UA (+5 cooling, +5 energy def)
Arms: CR-A88FG (+5 coooing, +5 shell def)
Legs: CR-LF93A2 (+5 weight, + 5 energy def)
Booster: VULTURE2 (+5 power, +5 heat)
FCS: MF03-VOLUTE2
Generator: CR-G84P (+10 output)
Radiator: ANANDA (+10 cooling)
Inside: MEDUSA
Extension: CR-E81AM
Back Unit R: CR-WB91LGL
Back Unit L: CR-WB78GL or CR-WB87GLL :bigsmile:
Arm Unit R: WR07M-PIXIE3
Arm Unit L: CR-WH01HP
Arm Unit R Hanger: ----
Arm Unit L Hanger: CR-WH69H

O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O71EC, KISSYOH, CR-O79L+, CR-O86R+,
MARISHI,

paint: (r/g/b format)

base - 10/25/49
aid - 87/119/125
optional - 145/145/145
detail - 150/23/17
joint - 39/40/39
Well, since I'm kinda tired of the G91, I'd support the G84P here, since it works and you don't have OB anyway, therefore no need for a large redzone to buffer the OB drain. Plus with EC you have a lot of extra juice for boosting around.

I'd suggest FG to FL for the arms though. Also I think that the F73H or Volute for the FCS are better choices for the FCS.

I'd also go with the GLL personally, since it's lighter (although just by a little). A little placebo effect of a faster AC never hurt anyone's confidence. Tongue
FG if the GL is on

and

FL if the GLL is on

LOL

i'll post my heavy biped "Gaeus" soon just for you since i can tell you're also a fan of Vagrant Story. (and saw you post under the name "Baselard" at Gfaqs too!)
Doesn't GL and GLL use ND lock? And, Volute2 is Standard? So, it'd probably be better to put in MONJU so it has lock speed + decent parallel sight + it can mix with any weapon setup without too much penalties.
yeah, good point. i was thinking about switching the volute2 to the volute at some point because it offers a slightly bigger lockbox - more noticable with the LGL. the limpet works great with the GLL because it provides it a big-ass lockbox which is great since it provides a lot of tracking room for the second round to hit without having to manually track the target.

i needed the volute2 because it allows me to spam the LGL and the GLL at anywhere between 500-200 meters. i think i have decent tracking so the small lockbox doesn't bother me. Big grin

and i never really liked the rectangular lockbox of the monju for some reason, but thanks anyway. ^_-

the GLL should either be:

1. spammed out far, at the start of the match, so it can be dropped for the insane speed gain - imagine a heavy quad moving towards you at 420 kph while hammering you with the LGL and 1HP Big grin. doesn't matter if you hit or not as long as you can drop it quick, but it's also good if you can manage to connect with 3 or four shots.

2. used up close. the GLL has crap tracking outside 200 meters because of the slow shot velocity. but up close, this will tear you a new assehole. GLL+LIMPET or F69 = OMFGWTFBBQLOL.
Looks like we got the same idea with the GLL, though I tend to think of my usage more as a close-range dbl-barrel shotgun, and I don't ususally double-tap until, as the saying goes, I see the white of their eyes.

As for the Linear cannon.

I dunno, man. I tend to stay away from sustained-fire backmounts like the pulse cannons, chain guns, and the linear cannons when it comes to quads.

While quads can fire back cannons on the move, you'll have to remember that since we don't have any serious armor, we'll be doing a lot of dodging and jumping, meaning we can't make full use of the weapons I mentioned.

Guns like that, IMO, are better off on a more stable platform, like a tank, a they can fire full burst even while in the air.

This means we're better off using powerful, single-shot cannons like the GL's, or the Geryon series. Pop and move.

As for the Pixie 3 and Hp hand combo...ouch.

I've run into similar incarnations of that pair-up, and none of them were pleasant, though gun range might be a problem.
okay. i'll try to make another variant based on the primary(the one with the big GL). i'm gonna replace the LGL with something. probably a missile launcher...something like NYMPHE+GAR or SPARTOI+RM or RM3.

and i'll also make another variant based on the secondary GLL-rusher variant. i'll replace the LGL with a railgun, just like in your swiss army quad design, hehehe. Big grin
Ditto on what Twin said. Unfortunately, the problems I couldn't see with this design when I used it against my cuz became apparent yesterday. As far as I can remember, they are:

1. Inaccuracy of weapons
2. Low sustainability of firepower
3. Main armaments feel kinda' lacking

The backmounts are really the culprits for issues one and two. The linear gun and the grenade launcher both have inaccurate fire, as Leperman observed, beyond the range of 250. Any AC with a decent booster could dodge them without much problem. That leads to round wastage, and although you might be playing these weapons quickly (and by that I mean get two to three shots at the most, then drop them for the speed boost), those shots tend to miss, and all you have in the end is a wasted opportunity.

Also, the grenade launcher has a long ping time, both in lock and in reload. That means, when you're trying to get a bead on the other AC to lock on them, it's usually them that's firing at you all the while. Getting a lock behind cover's quite hard since the FCS lock range limits the gun's range. The same goes for the linear gun, albeit in a lesser degree.

Finally, for a quad without OB, the left and right gun combo on this thing lacks the potential killpower to stave off enemies, and indeed get a lock on them with the devastating backmounts. Pixie3 and the HP handgun are again, quite inaccurate, and would lead to serious problems when attacking or retreating.

IMO, the railguns and the dual grenade launchers really are fit for quad movement, since they boost hop. With those, all you need is an initial lock, then it wouldn't matter if you were on the ground or not, they'd still fire. With the other backmounts, you lose that precious lock you've been working so hard to get. Lesson for me (and you as well, I hope). Tongue

Ayun lang. Comment ko on your design based on PvP play.
ah, i see. thanks to you and everybody. i only wish that i could've been there. there's only one person i know here in gensan who digs AC just as much as me be he's been out of touch lately.

anyway, i got some pics!

[Image: 01.jpg]
[Image: 02.jpg]
[Image: 03.jpg]
[Image: 04.jpg]

looks good for an all crest AC. :bigsmile:

(credit: deemer of ACG)

well, i'm off to work on Mk. IV then!