The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gagamba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AC Name: Gagamba

Head: EYE3 (0,0,4,6,0)
Core: UA (3,0,0,7,0)
Arms: A72F (0,0,4,7,0)
Legs: LF71 (0,0,6,3,1)

Booster: VULTURE2 (3,4,3)
FCS: F73H
Generator: LOTUS (0,7,3)
Radiator: HAZEL (0,0,10)
Inside: -

Extension: -
Back Unit R: 78GL
Back Unit L: LADON
Arm Unit R: HP
Arm Unit L: HP

Ops: Amino, ES, Kissyoh, L+, Golgi, Ribose, R+, Marishi

Relevant Stats:
AP - 8567
Defense - 1900 / 1709
Stability - 8248
Cooling - 14883
En Supply - 2246
Max Boost Speed - 397

Here's a somewhat improved version of one of my PACT-III ACs. Basically, my goal was to transfer the weapons of Twin-Skies' PACT-I AC onto the LF71 legs. As with most of my designs, I went for a balance of speed, defense, and power.

Because of the heavy weapons and frame parts, the internals had to be somewhat compromised of course. I'd love to have G91 on this, but LOTUS will do. Thanks to high frame cooling and the low heat of LOTUS and VULTURE2, HAZEL actually suffices as a radiator.
I'd have taken out the GL and placed something else in its place. Most probably it would be a highly accurate missile system but not syakatsuras of course because they're too slow/need to be fired at altitude.

This would be a better representation for its name btw, IMHO.

[Image: Blooper1.jpg] +[Image: Blooper1.jpg] + [Image: Blooper1.jpg]

= [Image: GooperBlooper.jpg]
I should call this "Pusit" then? >_<

Just wondering why missiles instead of GL?

Here's the rationale behind the weapons:
LADON -> Long Range / Spam
GL -> Medium Range / Main attack
Double HP -> Close Range / Defense / Deterrent
NiX Wrote:I should call this "Pusit" then? >_<

Just wondering why missiles instead of GL?

Here's the rationale behind the weapons:
LADON -> Long Range / Spam
GL -> Medium Range / Main attack
Double HP -> Close Range / Defense / Deterrent

pusit = squid, right?
I was thinking more of naming it Gooper Blooper (as in the boss blooper) from the Mario series XD

So, I assumed you were going to drop one of the back weapons for speed. If you plan to keep both, then you're more or less complete in terms of offense. The GL IMHO does pretty much nil damage on heavies, so I was thinking of replacing it with micro missiles or triple missiles.

There's also the redundancy factor of having the same weapons class to consider.
I never really liked missiles on quads... you already see enough missiles on bipeds. Tongue

As for GL and Ladon, they are indeed somewhat similar, but they do have differing uses. GL deals most of the damage while LADON is for spamming and energy damage.
I just want to ask something, but what's the filipino word for 'octopus'?

EDIT:
So it's PUGITA. Thanks, Doc.
Goat Wrote:So it's PUGITA. Thanks, Doc.

No, it's OKTOPUS.
Hahahah ano ba yan akala ko naman kung ano comment niyo sa design ko. LOL
Grim Wrote:
Goat Wrote:So it's PUGITA. Thanks, Doc.

No, it's OKTOPUS.

lets give it a new name then, why not call it........ Oktopus Prime We're not worthy

LOL Domo Domo
Hahah sounds good. Kasya ba yun?
Only if you omit the space in between the words Tongue
Better stick to it, Pugita Prime sounds so wrong.
you got that right!

Pugita primeXD
dual HPs, ladon, lf71....

this looks a lot like FIRECRACKER. Big grin

i like the way this AC covers all ranges nicely:

long range sniping - ladon
mid range haymaker - 78GL
close range deterrent - dual HPs

the only setback i see here is the limited ammo of the HPs. you could replace them with dual 69h's or you can "downgrade" the UA to the U2/3/4/5 so you can have the right to hangar dual wraiths/69h's.
Hehe thanks Wanzer. I think the HPs are fine though. Them alone are already worth 3000-5000 AP.

And after using this AC in RR's Godzilla matches, I know for a fact that I already have enough ammo for 3 whole ACs. Tongue