The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: [OLD] Domain change!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just gotten ravenrepublic.net. Finally after a year and a bit of a half, we have it.

I'll be moving the place soon, so RR might be down for a while.
Awesome. You better make sure that the cjb.net one will redirect to the new one though!
Oh yes, we've arrived.
Good job Grim
NiX Wrote:Good job Grim

^ What Nix said.

It's a bit slower in loading though.
Only problem now is that I think more than half of our members aren't aware of the domain change.

Googling for Raven Republic still points to the .cjb.net one

EDIT: Oh, and links to the subforums are currently borken.

EDIT 2: And yes, the site seems a bit slower than before.
Forums can't be accessed directly through the .cjb domain, so I guess people will have to update their bookmarks. Took me a while to figure it out, though it might be best if the old forum address redirects to the new one.
thank good I lurk in the forums so I know about it XD just took me a few minutes to figure it out but what I do really wonder is the loading time seems to be slower compared to before... maybe is our net but ... anyway I just wanted to voice that out.

edit: area sub links doesn't work anymore (eg media sublinks to animation, movies, books etc.)

edit2: the quick edit seems to be in the fritz but Im not sure about this one maybe its just a glitch on my side. scratch this one

edit3: lol I just repeated what boss nix said XD
NiX Wrote:Only problem now is that I think more than half of our members aren't aware of the domain change.

Googling for Raven Republic still points to the .cjb.net one

EDIT: Oh, and links to the subforums are currently borken.

EDIT 2: And yes, the site seems a bit slower than before.

As of this writing, it's grown even slower LOL
Alright, now RR should really fly without any more complications. They moved us to a new server so the slow speeds should be a thing of the past. Complaining rules!

With regards to redirection, I put all our old addresses on the old RR forums, so that everything is clean. Returning members will hopefully see that. With regards to the results on search engines, just give them a few weeks to update their records.

In the meantime, please update your bookmarks.
Excellent. Yep the site is nice and snappy again. Great job Master Mix
Cheers to the Grim~!

No problems here at my side of the network Happy
Cool, perhaps now I can access it in my school Big grin

BTW, on previous domain, it says:
Quote:We apologize for any convenience you may have.

Don't kill me! LOL
Serene Wrote:Cheers to the Grim~!

No problems here at my side of the network Happy

same here Happy
Awesome, the school can't block it this now! (replying from school)
Gawd, listening to the prof is boring as hell.
Pages: 1 2