The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Bunny emergency!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I has a bunny!

Someone gave my brother a bunny and we have no idea what to do with it, what to feed it, or generally how to take care of it.

Has anyone here ever taken care of bunnies? What do we do? Oh noes!!

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS! H4LP!
My father once took care of 2 of em bunnies when I was small, If I can remember correctly he fed them mixed vegetables, carrots[a bit cliched but..] and cabages from what I can remember anyways..
Doom Trigger Wrote:My father once took care of 2 of em bunnies when I was small, If I can remember correctly he fed them mixed vegetables, carrots[a bit cliched but..] and cabages from what I can remember anyways..

Thanks! But wiki-chan said...

Some of the vegetables that rabbits enjoy are romaine lettuce, escarole, turnips, collard, kale, parsley, thyme, cilantro, dandelion, and basil. New vegetables are introduced slowly since rabbits have delicate digestive systems. Cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage are avoided because they cause gas and can lead to gastrointestinal stasis, which can be fatal. Starchy vegetables such as potatos and corn are also avoided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_rabbit Sad
Turnips...
I never knew bunnies eat those.
Just buy the rabbit pellets available at any super market or pet store. And then buy them one of those water dispenser thingies. They'll learn to use it eventually.

Just so you know: Rabbits can grow larger than cats after several years.
sforzando Wrote:I has a bunny!

Someone gave my brother a bunny and we have no idea what to do with it, what to feed it, or generally how to take care of it.

Has anyone here ever taken care of bunnies? What do we do? Oh noes!!

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS! H4LP!

Start looking for people who buy rabbit pelts...
use conditioning to train them!

lol

but in a more serious note on of my kuya's friends is a vet so I'll ask him for info then feed it here. just go with hand feeding first to let it associate you with food , water , and safety stay with it at first for a short period of time then on longer on succeeding intervals. Thankfully I assume that there are no more children in your house right? here in our house over petting is the reason why almost all of our pets end up dead... especially when my younger brother plays with them ~_~.
eat it?
Black_Flame Wrote:eat it?

can workLOL
My tito has a whole family of 'em rabbits. He feeds the old ones <i>Kangkong</i> (thus the term, pinulot sa kangkungan), and them rabbit pellets (yum yum. tried one actually xD).

Oh, and you have to feed them a lot.

Hope this helps.
shiraki01 Wrote:My tito has a whole family of 'em rabbits. He feeds the old ones <i>Kangkong</i> (thus the term, pinulot sa kangkungan), and them rabbit pellets (yum yum. tried one actually xD).

Oh, and you have to feed them a lot.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! You're the second person to suggest kangkong. Right now I'm feeding her alfalfa sprouts since she's only about a month old.

Oh and I took pics! Thought it would be best to take them now while she's still cute and small LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/a...130394.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/a...130390.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/a...130387.jpg
Did you name it Usagi? LOL
well sorry for being late for my advice (well the vet's advice in actuality) ngayon ko lang nakausap eh.

pede nyo sya pakainin ng carrots + kangkong this will do but does not give the rabbit all he requires so your option two is buy rabbit pellets cartimar at pasay is a good spot he said ... (didn't get the exact spelling of the place so sorry >_<)

moving on ... pellets for rabbits are all you actually need BUT it makes their poop smell like .... something worse ... putting baking soda of the poop tray helps remove a good amount of smell

soo the vet said the best way to go at is iit is 50% pellets + 50% carrot & kangkong mix with baking soda applied to the poop tray ...
I used to have a lot of pet rabbits/bunnies and stuff like that when I was 8...
But...Mine was carnivorous for some reason Blink
Thanks CZ! Sige, susubukan ko yung carrot kangkong pellet mix. If she dies, I will blame your vet friend LOL

NiX Wrote:Did you name it Usagi? LOL

Someone here at home named her Chelsea. I have no idea who did it, but the bunny responds to the name so I think it's pretty much stuck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6