The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: NFS Underground
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what's a good starter car?
The first NFSU? The one released in '03?

For the starter cars, if you want good top speed and acceleration, go for the Civic. If you want better cornering and maneuverability, go for the MX-5 Miata. Either of these two will be decent enough for the first quarter of the game.

Good mid-game cars are the Eclipse, the RSX and the 350Z. For the last dozen or so races, you'll want to move up to either an RX-7 or a Skyline.

Whatsamatter, bored with mechs already? Hold yer horses, Beastkiller and i are still coming up with shipping prices to get you your package. Will send you a PM when it's on it's way.
Fox Wrote:Whatsamatter, bored with mechs already? Hold yer horses, Beastkiller and i are still coming up with shipping prices to get you your package. Will send you a PM when it's on it's way.

i've decided to take a break from giant robots for a while until that parcel arrives.

Big grin
I like the RSX, but i am starting to like the Integra's handling. The RSX seems pretty stiff in corners.

so what are your opinions on the following cars?

-lancer
-impreza
-eclipse
-rsx
-integra
-rx-7
-skyline
-350z
-civic
-tiburon
-celica
OK, excuse if this isn't accurate, but I last played this game years ago.

As I remember, the only cars I used in the career mode were the Civic, the Eclipse. then the Skyline. The Civic is like your basic startup car. Not too fast but not too slow either. As expected, it handles very easily, but its stats top out real quick,

Enter the Eclipse. This car had good acceleration IIRC, but the handling slips a bit too. Very respectable in the drag races.

The Skyline is where its at. Great acceleration, great top speed, great grip on the road with those monster tires. It feels especially great topped out with the maximum upgrades you can get, and it's just gorgeous with a wide body kit on.
i see...

btw, how do you get those black decals?
Now your questions slip beyond the realm of what I can recall. Umm... turn their colors to black?
I think you just hit Z or some other key to change the decal colors from white to black.

Your topic, good sir, has brought up a lot of good memories that i have about this game. Since i'm nt playing anything specific as of now, looks like i'll be reinstalling this one sometime this weekend.

@Grim

What widebody did you put on your Skyline? The one i used was a Mantis since the Vapor looked too curvy for it. Can you post a pic of your car?
Fox Wrote:@Grim
What widebody did you put on your Skyline? The one i used was a Mantis since the Vapor looked too curvy for it. Can you post a pic of your car?

Can't remember the name, sorry. But it had monster air intakes and wheel wells that stuck out for inches on each side of the car (malamang, wide body kit nga eh!). No pics though, I played mine on the PS2.
"I think you just hit Z or some other key to change the decal colors from white to black."

i just figured that out last night. Big grin

anyway,

mantis + skyline = good.

for everything else = vapor.

i'll post some screenshots soon.
and here they are:

(sorry for the delay Tongue)

RSX - King Tut's Ride, a.k.a. The 200-mph Sarcophagus
[Image: rsx2.jpg]

Integra - What Bruiser would look like if can transform into a car
[Image: integra.jpg]

Eclipse
[Image: eclipse.jpg]
Nice RSX. I'm not exactly crazy about the stickers though. I always had this thing for clean looking cars, although I know my style points may have suffered a bit.