The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What is a tool?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tool

1. One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used. A fool. A cretin. Characterized by low intelligence and/or self-esteem.

"That tool doesn't even know she's just using him."

2. Someone who tries too hard. A poser. One of those chics who holds the sign saying "Carson Daly is Hot." The asstard who goes to a rock show because they heard one of the songs on the radio or mtv, or someone who insists on wearing velour sweat suits. Avril Lavigne.

"Jane is a tool because she dresses like Avril Lavigne while listening to New Found Glory and Dashboard Confessional just because Carson Daly told her to."

3. Someone who is a complete idiot/ One who is used by other people, and usually doesn't even realize it/ Someone who can't think for themselves/ An asshat.

People who wear huge logos on their shirts are tools.
People who listen to Avril Lavigne, are tools.
People who think Sum 41 is a punk band, are all tools.

4. A person, typically male, who says or does things that cause you to give them a 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look. The 'what-are-you-even-doing- here' look is classified by a glare in the tool's direction and is usually accompanied by muttering of how big of a tool they are. The tool is usually someone who is unwelcome but no one has the balls to tell them to get lost. The tool is always making comments that are out-of-place, out-of-line or just plain stupid. The tool is always trying too hard to fit in, and because of this, never will. However, the tool is useful because you can use them for things; money, rides, etc.

"Let's drive to Chicago from Iowa. Oh man, we need money. Hey, let's ask tool to come, he'll spot us the cash!"

"Tool is our friend. We call him that because he is one."

5. A fake person. Someone who does things to impress people.

Someone who claims to be a coffee fanatic but only buys "frappuccinos" from starbucks. People who go to TRL. People who listen to Good Charlotte. The members of Good Charlotte.

- Taken from Pulse's Multiply site. Originally from Urban Dictionary
tool /tul/

–noun
1. an implement, esp. one held in the hand, as a hammer, saw, or file, for performing or facilitating mechanical operations.
2. any instrument of manual operation.
3. the cutting or machining part of a lathe, planer, drill, or similar machine.
4. the machine itself; a machine tool.
5. anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose: Education is a tool for success.
6. a person manipulated by another for the latter's own ends; cat's-paw.
7. the design or ornament impressed upon the cover of a book.

8. Underworld Slang.
a. a pistol or gun.
b. a pickpocket.

9. Slang: Vulgar. penis.

–verb (used with object)
10. to work or shape with a tool.
11. to work decoratively with a hand tool.
12. to ornament (the cover of a book) with a bookbinder's tool.
13. to drive (a vehicle): He tooled the car along the treacherous path.
14. to equip with tools or machinery.

–verb (used without object)
15. to work with a tool.
16. to drive or ride in a vehicle: tooling along the freeway.
Hahaha niliteral mo naman Jake.
my question is why did this here? what is it for?
Dunno but i got a pretty good idea who's getting targeted here.
LOL

Oh man, this is total burn to some people I know. I should let them read it.

LOL

I happen to think Nix's 4 and 5, and Jake's 1 are the closest definitions.
Same here. LOL

EDIT:
WTF is with this thread anyway? Tongue
Purpose of this thread? Para lang patamaan ang sino mang magpapatama.

Don't worry I didn't have any particular person in mind when I posted this. Tongue
Some of my classmates are on number 5, NiX's definition.

Or even 4 and 3. LOL.

------

1) Tool - to describe a person of lower than standard mental ability. referred to as a tool because they cannot function on their own will, they must be used to accomplish a task or form desire.

Johnny: "You are such a tool that your parent's bought that panemon card, because the Japanese told you that it was cool."

Sally: "You still live in a van down by the river."

2) Somebody who is inept, stupid, or useless (adj.)

3) Someone who is completely obvlivious to the fact that he is being used and that is considered to be less than a human being.
see: nick cannon

you're a fucking tool.

4) Any person who likes the 2003 movie The Core or other similar movies.

"Did you see that guy buying the movie The Core? What a tool!"

5) Fake Unfunny loser who thinks hes a pimp because he gets owned by just about everyone.

That Wes Gates is such a tool!

6) someone who is used whether they know it or not.

That fat annoying fuck, Ahad Khilji is a tool.

------------

Words Related: (Urban Dictionary)
2 sounds loser idiot fag bitch douche dick asshole fool moron poser penis douchebag douche bag gay retard stupid toolbag cock dumbass pussy jerk prick dork homo wanker queer tool bag ass toolbox tool shed toolshed dickhead jackass knob nerd lame maynard james keenan emo hammer faggot annoying cretin goon homosexual maynard wang wannabe cunt sex slut
Do you guys know know Oli Pettigrew, the guy that hosts the tech segments in AXN/Animax? Now that guy is a tool for posing as a technophile when he probably really doesn't know what the heck he's talking about.

Case in point: He kept saying "HSPDA" during his review of the Motorola Q9 when the correct term is "HSDPA" (aka 3.5G). He did another review where he again repeated "HSPDA" when he should have again said "HSDPA"... I just forgot which one.

So he's just another pretty model after all. Unfortunately, their scriptwriters and editors probably don't know what they're talking about either since they let that crap into the air.

*And it's posts like these that are gonna send me to the fifth level of hell.