The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Resiklo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Official entry to the Manila Film Festival this December 25:

Here's the full trailer in Filipino: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKUvvKK-kkU

Full trailer in English: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuKJY25SsKg

I see mecha, sci-fi (the likes of Matrix and Star Wars), and action star Bong Revilla Jr. The power suits look okay enough and I think are the focus of the film because of the title (watch the trailer to know why).
I get the whole Transformers thing. I have to ask though, why is it that the local movie industry feels the compelling need to ape Hollywood blockbusters with our own spin on it? Do they think people actually fall for this?

Let me answer my own question: yes, they do. And yes, people do fall for it.

And while they're at it, they can sneak in some inane moral message like, "Save the planet, recycle/resiklo."

Wow I just lambasted a movie I hadn't even seen. For the sake of being fair, the CG looks very well done.
Grimlok Wrote:I get the whole Transformers thing. I have to ask though, why is it that the local movie industry feels the compelling need to ape Hollywood blockbusters with our own spin on it? Do they think people actually fall for this?

Let me answer my own question: yes, they do. And yes, people do fall for it.

And while they're at it, they can sneak in some inane moral message like, "Save the planet, recycle/resiklo."

Wow I just lambasted a movie I hadn't even seen. For the sake of being fair, the CG looks very well done.

*switching into Cowell mode*

That does not change the fact that this feels too much like a shameless ripoff of Mechwarrior, transformers, and a handful of other respectable robot titles.

On an off-topic note, what the bloody hell is Bong Revilla doing in a film? I'd imagine the senator has better things to do than dilly-dally in another local waste of celluloid. Jason

They want to save the environment? They can start by saving on film, by not making rubbish like this in the first place! Mein gotten...i'd hate to imagine what else is going to be in this year's Manila Filmfest...Zaido the movie???
Twin-Skies Wrote:Zaido the movie???

The man prophesied doom for us all.

I can't seem to shake the feeling that I'll be seeing a locally made version of the Matrix in this film, particularly the last remaining human sanctuary bit in the movie. However, I'll still be giving this a chance as I have seen film that have the feeling of other films but manage to pull every single bit of it of very nicely. For example, the Korean war movie Tae Guk Gi, AKA The Brotherhood of War as released internationally, might be compared to legendary war movies such as Saving Private Ryan and does have some similarities with the later film, including the intensity of the action sequences. Despite this, the film has enough merits in itself that distinguishes it from other war movies such as its setting during the Korean War and the focus on the relationship between the two brothers over the course of the film.
Lord_Leperman Wrote:
Twin-Skies Wrote:Zaido the movie???

The man prophesied doom for us all.

I can't seem to shake the feeling that I'll be seeing a locally made version of the Matrix in this film, particularly the last remaining human sanctuary bit in the movie. However, I'll still be giving this a chance as I have seen film that have the feeling of other films but manage to pull every single bit of it of very nicely. For example, the Korean war movie Tae Guk Gi, AKA The Brotherhood of War as released internationally, might be compared to legendary war movies such as Saving Private Ryan and does have some similarities with the later film, including the intensity of the action sequences. Despite this, the film has enough merits in itself that distinguishes it from other war movies such as its setting during the Korean War and the focus on the relationship between the two brothers over the course of the film.

I would want to give this movie the benefit of the doubt as well. It's just that given that Bong Revilla is in it, I can't find the heart to take it seriously anymore.

Besides, the Metro Manila Film Festival itself feels like a joke, especially considering that most of the entries are probably connected to Mother Lily one way or another. Talk about Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Did I forget to mention that the judges include guys like Bayani Fernando? I may be mistaken, though he was in last year's fest
The only movie I'm looking forward to is Sakal Sakali Saklolo...

Resiklo just doesn't appeal to me...
The mechs look like complete rip offs.
Though effort is amazing.
Just watched the trailer now. It could pass for an amateur youtube trailer video LOL

Pros: The CG is nice, but not great. The people behind the movie get props for attempting something of this scale, but that's about it.

Cons: Obviously fake set design. It's not gritty enough, daylight shots look staged, the action scene with the motorcycle look staged too, but that's probably the fault of the person that chose the location too. It could pass for a HS football field. Most probably recycled props and costumes were used from other GMA "fantaserye", BONG REVILLA, action movie stereotypes all around, and probably the fact that the best scenes were already part of the trailer.
LOL yung isng baril sa RF nasa trailer LOLOLOL
"What the feth is a Mad Cat doing in a pinoy movie?!?!?!" - first thought to run through my head when i saw the poster.
this movie reminds me of Robo Warriors starring James Remar LOL
[Image: wallpaper_fullres_01.jpg]

WTF is that thing on the left? Wacko
On the right, plagiarism strikes. Remember the Timber Wolf from Mechwarrior 2?

[Image: mcmkii7zi.jpg]
Quote:WTF is that thing on the left? Wacko
Looks to me like what Bong Revilla would look like if you kicked him in his nuts about 30 times.
the mech on the right looks more like a templar to me.
Twin-Skies Wrote:Looks to me like what Bong Revilla would look like if you kicked him in his nuts about 30 times.

Nyahaha. Good one Twin. Smile)

Lefty mech looks like what Megatron would look like if he had flesh and was made in the Pilipins.
Reminds me of the Atlas for an unkown reason.
Pages: 1 2 3 4