The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Why are Ravens so scarce outside Japan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
NiX Wrote:EDIT: Again, what's LUG? >_<

Level up games, the greatest *cough*, most original *cough*, most efficient *cough*, MMO company *cough* in the Philippines.

In other words, the people that hold the rights to Ragnarok Online official in the Philippines.
wah!

um... in my opinion, large number pinoy gamers are already taken (or influenced) by internet games like the MMORPG's, etc.

basta games which requires internet connection, nakaw... kakagatin na yan ng mga gamers. yun ang napansin ko.

our game, Armored Core... iba siya kasi eh, console game. kaya konti lang ang nakaka-alam. (pero para sa akin, mas ok pa rin ang mga console games, mas challenging and uniqueRoll eyes) sana ma-dominate balang araw ng mga console games w/ online access ang mga generic online games ngayon Ninja

LUG? Level-Up Gemes? wehRofl tingin ko sa kanila parang Microsoft (hehehe, means to say monopolizing the online games... ok din ang formula nila para maging well establised)

kaya? mahirap talagang makilala ung ating Game. naku, pag nag-aya ako sa amin na tuturuan kong mag-pilot ng AC... sasabihin "hirap naman niyan, magra-ragna na lang ako, o kaya...Chair" nakaw, ang mga no-brainers talaga sa amin... grrr....No no sinabi ko nga "sige dun ka na lang sa laro mo at pumindot ka ng pumindot, puro level"Shifty

=^.^=
AC4 is online,that still does not explain it Shifty
R.Leonhardt, note that the vast majority of these people that play MMOs in the Philippines don't have a good internet connection at home. Broadband is not as widespread here yet. Many of them may not even have PCs. These folks have to play their MMOs in internet cafes. In all likelihood, they don't have consoles either.

And right now, not everyone has $400++ (php 18000++) to shell out on a next gen console. Like me, for example. Well more like I don't want to yet hahah
Moonlight_Raven Wrote:"sige dun ka na lang sa laro mo at pumindot ka ng pumindot, puro level"

I like this line.

I don't like playing endless games.
Serene Wrote:
Moonlight_Raven Wrote:"sige dun ka na lang sa laro mo at pumindot ka ng pumindot, puro level"

I like this line.

I don't like playing endless games.

hehehe...JasonLOL endless games are pointless to play

=^.^=
I for one disagree ... its not that endless games suck but that hose that work appear once in a blue moon.
clonezero Wrote:I for one disagree ... its not that endless games suck but that hose that work appear once in a blue moon.

um... clonezero, what do you mean? that the host seldom appear? sorry, I didn't get itUnsure

=^.^=
What he means is that a good endless game is rare.
Usually, they would be just that. Endless...
ahh... ok. oh well, good games are are small in numbers. and in reality, such good games are not well known. haayyy... influence is so powerful...Ninja

=^.^=
C'est la vie
I've played a couple of Nihonjin on AC4, very competitive, and love to missile wave at you.

The played a JP team before, they are well coordinated, 2 move in front while 2 in the back missile waves, thus leaving our team to separate and for them to stay organized.
Lord_Leperman Wrote:In connection to the blandness of the story is the seemingly shallow characters, which I feel should be the cornerstone of a good plot for a game. You have only faceless opponents throughout the whole franchise even when their descriptions (at least for plot characters appearing in the in-game arena) do slightly flesh out their personalities (Royal Myst in particular from AC3 had some nice though shallow personality buildup through the Email exchange in the game), they still pale in comparison to iconic game characters like Solid Snake from the Metal Gear series. The only exception to this would probably be Nineball (the AC itself, not even the pilot Hustler One) which has become the only iconic character in the whole series which people can easily identify with Armored Core.

I disagree, because I almost only play the single player missions and arenas. I play with friends in arenas sometimes, but I don't have a hookup for my PS2 to go online. If you want more story content, go to the Front Mission series. That game stories you to death. I keep pressing the button because I can't wait to get to the combat! I do think that they could come up with better missions. And yes, after a while the missions do seem to be like other missions in previous games. Especially if you own more than one title. I don't know why more people on this side of the world don't get into AC games. I think it is a great series that has great replay value. I have gotten my AC2 game out and played it again recently. And about a month ago, I was bored and got the original out and played some missions with my very first mech-Viper
Leperman and company started talking about possibly organizing an RR booth for an anime, toy or game convention sometime next year. We talked to some of the staff during the Anime Overload event to get a bit of info as to how much it might cost our group to set one up and it wasn't all that costly. The general idea was to have the intro movies playing via a projector while the forum members play SL and LR (maybe ACfA as well) on a couple of smaller TVs. Other add-ons to the booth could be original AC artwork and Sophie (care of our artists) on tarps and a display case for some of our AC model kits or One-Coin figures.

At the very least, it should generate more awareness of AC in the general gaming or otaku population of the Philippines,or at least those here in NCR.
Good Idea. That might get the attention of the closet ravens out there, and some new players too.

Napano na pala ang manga/novel nyo?! http://translate.googleusercontent.com/t...SX5CIXEY6g
Pages: 1 2 3 4