The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The Mysteries of Lefthandedness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.philly.com/philly/health_and_...eries.html

Really interesting article up there, since I write (and hold chopsticks) with my left hand but use my right hand (and arm) for almost everything else.
I'm a lefty all the way.

So it runs in the family, I see. IIRC I have an uncle or two who was/were left-handed, but was/were forced into using the right hand instead by my grandmother. Back then being left-handed was the sign of the devil being strong in the child or some stupid superstition like that.
ZOMG GRIM THE DEVIL IS STRONG IN YOU... AND ME. XD
I'm right handed...
But I make it a practice to wash plates with just my left.
I'm right handed all the way, but I brush my teeth with my left hand exclusively.

There was a time when everything was made for right handed people such as scissors (the large ones with the orange grip come to mind) and golf-clubs with ergonomics designed for right handed users. There was even a saying that "You will use your right hand or else..."

Even firearms are predominantly built for right handed people despite the possibility for ambidextrous usage. The spent casings of bullets are often or always ejected to the right side of the weapon, making spent casings fly out of the line of sight of right handed users, and will give left handed users a good face massage (There are ways to fix this though such as installing a case deflector, available for certain firearms but does not come as a default item IIRC).
OMG! I'm a fucking disorder! ZOMGOSH!
[Image: NFleftorium.jpg]
[Image: omenkx4.jpg]
...bleh.
J.E_Magog Wrote:[Image: NFleftorium.jpg]

With this picture I just remembered that I'm a natural South Paw.
May I just say...
I do almost everything with my left hand - except for stuff you can't avoid at all. (controllers, the pc mouse)
But I still hold my utensils the right handed way (fork at the left,spoon at the right)

Wierd thing is...MY WHOLE FAMILY IS RIGHT-HANDED Fear

The left hand thingy about the devil...well I think it's part of the Bible...You know...the part where the sheep where at the right and the goats where at the left...It's gonna take awhile if I explain the story LOL

What I like about being left-handed:
1.The directional buttons in almost all consoles are in the left side Roll eyes
2.Arm wrestling someone who's right handed makes it easier!
(thumb wrestling too Blink)
What I hate:
1.Home Ec is a pain coz of it (crochet,sewing...)
2.Chinese is ALSO a pain(Chinese Calligraphy)

I think I have a typo here somewhere....
What sucks about being left-handed:

SMUDGING EVERYTHING YOU WRITE.

Like when you write on a black/white board. Since lefties "push" when they write, rather than "pulling" as righties do, the side of a lefty's hand has a tendency to brush against what they've written.

That's also the reason why my drawings look really dirty when I use soft pencils. -_-
Aw. Akala ko ako lang ang abnormal na nagkakaganito.
NiX Wrote:What sucks about being left-handed:

SMUDGING EVERYTHING YOU WRITE.

Hahaha, yeah that's always made my hands dirty.

I found a "lefty's notebook" on sale once. Basically the print was just inverted to make the spine be on the right side. Still, I can't say I ever had cleaner hands than when I was using it.
Hahah I hate using spiral notebooks because resting my wrist on the spiral spine is pretty uncomfortable.

So what I do is I just write on the back pages. Hahaha
Ayus yun.
I do the exact same thing...
Pages: 1 2