The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: GamEX: GX convention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
October 7, 2007. Sunday form 10AM-9PM
SM Megamall, 5th floor Megatrade hall
100 pesos entrance ticket.

So, what exactly is this? Its the Philippines' first console game convention/launch party sponsored by an upcoming gaming mag with the same name which is gonna be published by Psicom publishing corporation. The event features game demos of next-gen console games (PS3, 360, Wii... including Armored Core 4 for some of you interested), video game tournaments, a cosplay competition, and live performances by local music bands.

I'm curious about the game tournaments, but I fear that the list of games included will be very very small and won't include mainstream titles such as Tekken or Street Fighter.

Game tournaments (tentative list)

Xbox360

* Perfect Dark
* Need for Speed Carbon

Wii

* Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaihi 2
* Excite Truck
* Cooking Mama: Cook Off
* Elebits
* Mortal Kombat Armageddon

PS3

* Coming Soon

DS

* Coming Soon

PSP

* Coming Soon

Game demos present in the convention:

Xbox360

* Shift 1 - Dead or Alive 4
* Shift 1 - Forza Motorsport 2
* Shift 1 - Gears of War
* Shift 1 - NBA Street Home Court
* Shift 2 - Spider-Man 3
* Shift 2 - Halo 3
* Shift 2 - Ace Combat 6
* Shift 2 - Armored Core 4

Wii

* Shift 1 - Dragon Ball Z
* Shift 1 - Metriod Prime 3
* Shift 1 - Mortal Kombat Armageddon
* Shift 1 - SSX Blurr
* Shift 2 - Trauma Center Second Opinion
* Shift 2 - Wario Ware Smooth Moves
* Shift 2 - Wii Play
* Shift 2 - Big Brain Academy

PS3

* Shift 1 - Ridge Racer 7
* Shift 1 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma
* Shift 1 - Transformers: The Game
* Shift 1 - Virtua Fighter 5
* Shift 2 - Virtua Tennis
* Shift 2 - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfur
* Shift 2 - MotorStorm
* Shift 2 - NBA 2K7

Performing Bands:
NeOtaku, Do’ahou, Progeny, Trance, Armada, PPF All Star, Ethereal Anthem, 3 Day Trial, and Harap sa Likod.

For more info: http://www.gamex-mag.com/index.html

*I think this convention is a bit lacking... There's always the hope of booths selling games or other merchandise but I think its more of an event for people to gather and just play rather than show the latest in games and gadgets. I also don't see any major game developers aside from the publishers of Lineage II*

EDIT: Their poster-girl looks like she came out of Denno Coil Smile) though it still looks cute :p
THIS SATURDAY WAAH ... anyway is this the one where I said boss they will be having a AC tourney?

I could come but probably as a window shopper only and if you guys will come ...
The event its on Sunday. No AC tourney AFAIK, just the listed games. I might go, but only out of impulse though which means that if I'm lazy (I usually am) I'm more likely not to go.
I could drop by in the afternoon because my volunteer work in the morning is at edsa ... but the 100 pesos doesn't seem work getting a crack of AC6 and 4 (acecombat and armored core...) I' probably just stick with the you tube videos =P
Just wanted to ask, did anyone go to this? I would've, but I was swamped with school stuff.
me nag punta ako sa GXcon as expected wlang AC4 T_T