The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: [OLD] Regarding the new layout in Miscellaneous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the spirit of making the Republic more friendly to the occasional browsers (a lot more of us increasing lately, due to school/work no doubt), I divided Media into the several categories it encompasses: animation, books, gaming, movies, television and music. Hopefully that'll facilitate easier reading for those who can only come in once in a while now.

If you think it takes too long to access the new topics in Media now, the "View New Posts" function has always been up there. Delivers all the new stuff to you, fresh and fast.

About General Discussion, I'm still thinking about subdividing it further into actual off-topic discussion and those that just turn into random threads.

Probably my most important point in this thread, I highly encourage creating new threads when you feel your post warrants one. I know many other admins try to limit the number of new threads made per day, but we're a small group so we'll manage. Don't let your point be mooted in The Rant/Rave Topic or in Project WTF (although if you're just showing us something and not really looking for discussion, those threads are fine too).

Consider this the shaking up we need.

As always, your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: Decided against splitting birthday greetings from the rants and raves, as they are too numerous and are too well-integrated. Plus, it's not like it's the biggest thing in the world or anything. They'll probably be gone when a shoutbox is implemented.