Current time: 04-18-2024, 07:15 PM
Cell Phones
HTC Desire or Xperia X10?

I really want to get an X10 but it's behind in terms of Android OS and multi-touch functionality.

Should I wait until the firmware update later this year for xperia?
Haven't been keeping up with the mobile phone world so I don't really know right now. LOL

Basically, just list what you need and divide it into musts and nice-to-haves.

Get a phone that does all your musts and treat the nice-to-haves as bonuses.

Waiting for firmware is a bit unreliable.
Anyone keeping up with the latest tale of the newest iPhone prototype? To put it briefly, it was lost by an Apple tester/employee in a bar, someone found it, someone noticed it wasn't an iPhone 3G/3GS, Gizmodo bought it. Gizmodo ripped it apart and put down everything on the web.

They conclude in all probability that the unit isn't a hoax, and that the employee left it behind by mistake (i.e., this was not a PR stunt by Apple).

Here's the page with all the necessary links: http://gizmodo.com/5520471/the-tale-of-a...ext-iphone

Anyway, SHIT JUST GOT REAL. Jason Chen (editor of Gizmodo) has his house searched while he wasn't home. Computers, phones, cameras and documents were seized. With a possible illegal warrant.

What does this mean for you and me? Not much, really, aside from letting the inner geek enjoy watching the very volatile situation. But I have to say the next iPhone looks sexy. I've wanted one for so long. Only problem now is that it uses a micro-SIM, which isn't used here yet.
Wow, that's pretty crazy. LOL Apple's a bad mofo.
softbank finally adds the HTC Desire on their lineup for 0yen on a 2year contract... very tempting Argh
Ninja Ninja 
Could you guys suggest a phone that's easy to grip? My mom has carpal tunnel and she thinks her candybar nokia is causing it.
(05-11-2010, 03:44 PM)Sforza Wrote: Could you guys suggest a phone that's easy to grip? My mom has carpal tunnel and she thinks her candybar nokia is causing it.

Found this while surfing. It's got a comfy grip, easily recognizable, and it's shockproof and waterproof to boot:

[Image: anprc10_01_6in.jpg]

...Please don't hit me Ermm
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
LOL Someone really should try making those types of phones again.

I'll probably suggest an iphone to her though.
Dude, keep in mind that the iPhone cannot swap sim cards - you have to take it apart to change cards or batteries Sad

Didn't Nokia release a competitor phone for Apple's?

I heard it got good reviews Smile
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
^ Which, the 5800? Yeah, it's said to be pretty good. My dream phone actually, saving up for it Big grin

*I use my phones mostly as an mp3 player, and my N95 can't cut it for very long*
Steve's unveiling the iPhone 4 officially at the WWDC as I type this.

For now, all I can say is this: GOD DAMN.

http://gizmodo.com/5557101/iphone-4-the-...tive-guide

EDIT: It comes out at the same price as the old iPhone 3GS: $199 for the 16 GB model, $299 for the 32 GB model. And it comes in white... although now that the back is glass instead of chrome, black is looking Darth Vader sexy...

EDIT 2: Turns out those prices are for the phones that come with the 2-year AT&T plan. Unsubsidized rates are $499 and $599, respectively. Bit high to pay around P30,000 for a single phone, but we'll see. Black is definitely looking better than white though.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/iphone-4-first-hands-on/ vs http://www.engadget.com/photos/iphone-4-hands-on-black/
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2445

There was a bit of a problem with the wi-fi network when Jobs was unveiling the new iPhone. He pretty much ended up embarassing himself. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I like the hardware but the only way I'd actually get one is if someone figures out how to install Android on the thing; though other phones by manufacturers other than Apple with comparable specs will probably be out in a while.
actually, someone already put Android(semiworking, at least), on an iPhone 3GS. try searching Engadget.com, I know I saw an article or two on it a few weeks back.

EDIT: btw, I recently upgraded to a T-mobile HD2. running EnergyROM GTX themed on it and it looks AH-MAY-ZING.
ಠ_ಠ
...gave my Nokia 3120 classic to my mother

...the i'm currently having my Nokia 6303 classic (really love the design & simplicity)

...now i'm confused on having the Nokia 6700 slide Chair

...and my GF wants the Nokia C5 over the 6700 slide Jason coz C5's keypad is much comfortable, compare to the 6700 slide. but spec-wise, 6700 slide dominates the C5 Blink

...C5 = plastic body with some metal, 3.2 mp fixed focus with "tiny" LED flash Glare
...6700 slide = metal body, 5.0 mp with AF with double LED flash
...but both has 600 Mhz processor and running symbian OS^3

...C5 = php 8k
...6700 slide = php 10k
*screams* Chair

=^.^=

check out the up coming new Nokia N8 Jason i would pick this up over the iPhone Glare
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nokia phones Grim 31 48,039 04-23-2014, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Grim