Current time: 04-16-2024, 05:53 PM
Cell Phones
I haven't gotten a Samsung because of the size. I need it to be pocketable, and I don't wear cargo pants. I think SE xperia ray is nice Smile
(10-31-2011, 04:29 AM)Grim Wrote:
(10-30-2011, 10:26 PM)NiX Wrote: So I've finally gotten a taste of Android. I'm utterly impressed. But the staggering variety of available hardware makes it incredibly difficult to choose.

If price isn't a factor (or you're willing to spend at least 30K on a really, really, good phone) - hands down it's the Samsung Galaxy SII, no question.

EDIT: Knowing Nix though, price is always a consideration haha. A Samsung Galaxy Ace or a Galaxy S should perform for you as well. Basically, to make things clear, my vote goes to Samsung. Hahaha.

My dad recently bought a Galaxy Y (only P5,600) to pretty much taste-test android and touch-screen UI. Despite all the hardware compromises to get its price to that, we've been really happy with it. The amount of phone you can get now for such a non-committal price is really amazing.

But yeah, no question that the S2 is king of the hill right now. Kinda too big though.

Another huge hurdle with Android is keeping up with the OS version (which is updated biannually, I think). Google's just about to release 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and yet manufacturers have barely started rolling out 2.3 Gingerbread. And if your manufacturer isn't kind enough to update your firmware to one with the latest version of Android, then you'll miss out. (loophole of course is rooting your device, which is great but risky)

(10-31-2011, 10:21 AM)Sforza Wrote: I haven't gotten a Samsung because of the size. I need it to be pocketable, and I don't wear cargo pants. I think SE xperia ray is nice Smile

There're Androids in pretty much every size/price range imaginable. I'm sure you can find one agreeable to your pockets. Tongue Check out the new Xperia Mini Pro (not the old X10) if you like them small but decently powerful. Comes with a slideout keyboard too! But SE is notoriously slow at updating firmware.

Keeping up with technology is a pain.
So much for hoping to upgrade my phone by now. The Nexus 4 is just perfect. Unfortunately, who knows when supplies will catch up to demand. I guess I'll need to wait till January.
Well, it's been almost three years since the last post and I thought it might be fun to revive the topic.
What are you guys using at the moment? Are you happy with it? Are you switching or upgrading anytime soon? Anything on your wish lists?

Kwento lang -- I ended up getting an iphone 4S in December 2011. It was my main phone until iOS7 came out and basically broke usability and added a fugly skin at the same time so I switched to a Nexus 5. It turned out to be a pretty good decision, as it was around the time 4.4 KitKat was released. AFAIK this was the version that really caught up with iOS in terms of features and even surpassed it in a few ways.

I was really happy with the openness and customization options. Unfortunately, the N5 lasted about a year until it took a nasty fall which shattered the screen. Because of the prohibitive repair cost due to the fused digitizer and display panel, I got a new phone; an Oppo Find7a which I immediately flashed a custom ROM (CM12) on because stock Oppo Color OS is poop. I'm on Nameless 5.0.2 now though. It's pretty stable and runs Xposed. Feels like stock.
A MyPhone Fuego Rage. How?

Lola was being teased about not having a smartphone (she doesn't like touchscreens). We went out to buy her a new one. Originally, we were planning on buying something Microsoft but she's always too impatient. She asked me to pick one for her. Syempre, not considering the brand, I'd have her use something with a large screen and buttons since her eyesight's gotten a bit bad. She's having a hard time adjusting to it and ended up going back to using her old phone.

I was just going to borrow the Fuego's earphones and then she gave me the whole thing Tongue
My sis said it wouldn't last very long since it's a local brand, but with me it might last longer with me since I only have a phone in case of emergencies. It replaced a Nokia C2 that I've had with me for 3-4 years na yata.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Current Phone: Iphone 6

It currently replaces my Nokia Xpress Music 5730 after more than five years of service. I'm currently happy with it at the moment, with no plans to replace the device anytime soon. It also marks the first time I've changed my mobile number after a decade and a half, and my first time owning a touch screen mobile phone, so in a sense this new phone becomes a revolutionary change for me.

The only thing I miss from my old phone are the dedicated music play buttons, which I can play, switch, and adjust the volume of the current music playing without having to operate it from the screen. Therefore I can switch tracks while driving without having to look my phone, or bringing it out of my pocket.

Can we talk about mobile devices in general in this thread, like tablet PCs?
My current phone: Motorola Moto G 2014. Jake recommended it to me~!

I'm REALLY happy with this phone- very good considering the not so high price point. Pretty smooth given it's specs, and can basically do almost anything I ask it to do in ways of basic phone usage and utility.

Moto G-chan!
current phone: MyPhone Rio Craze

Gave my CherryMobile M15 to my mom coz it had a large display and easy to use for old people. As for the current phone, i got it from my mom, since she didn't like touchscreen phones. My mom got it from my dad who also didn't like touchscreen phones. The phone was given to my dad by his boss who had no use for it coz he had a better phone. The boss got it from his wife who bought the thing but wasn't happy with the small internal memory.
Been waiting a long time for a decent but economical Android tablet that comes with a microSD card slot. The Samsung ones fit the bill, but they're expensive. The only other option right now seems to be the Xiaomi Mi Pad, which I can only order from Lazada.

I'm also looking to replace my aging Nexus 4, but nothing seems like a good enough upgrade just yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nokia phones Grim 31 48,024 04-23-2014, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Grim