Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:32 PM
LR: PACT 3 Rules
*ALL OTHER PACT REGULATIONS APPLY

1. Each player must bring 3 unique ACs (up to 5 ACs, depending on whatever is decided upon for a particular tournament). Players who fail to present a complete garage will be DISQUALIFIED (but considerations will be given, of course).

2. The ACs in a particular garage MUST be of varying leg types (Humanoid, RJ, Quad, Tank, Hover). Players can only have one AC per leg type (ex. Only one humanoid AC is allowed per garage). A different weight class (light, mid, heavy) does not count as a different leg type (ex. Having a light humanoid and a mid humanoid in the same garage is not allowed).

3. The ACs in your garage should have NO, as in ZERO, common parts EXCEPT for optional parts.

3.1. However, a particular AC may be equipped with a pair of the same weapon (ex. A KARURA for each back slot/ An R3 for each arm, etc.). BUT if one AC in a particular garage has, let's say, a KARURA on the left back slot, other ACs in that garage can no longer equip a KARURA even for the right back slot. This still applies to hand-mounted and hangered weapons.

4. Players MUST switch to another AC after every round/match - For the first round of a match, the players may opt to use any AC in their respective garages. ACs that have already been used in a certain round of a particular match may no longer be used in the succeeding rounds of that match.

4.1. In the event of a fourth round in a FINALS match, the players may reuse any AC in their respective garages.

4.2. In the event of a fifth round in a FINALS match, the players may opt to use any AC that was NOT USED in the fourth round of that match.

*In the interest of time, checking for the legality of everyone's designs will be done through an honor system. Rather than having marshals, the player him/herself will check for the legality of his/her own ACs. Players caught (intentionally) using illegal designs shall be disqualified and his/her performance in the tournament shall be nullified.

*LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 1, 2007
NiX Wrote:3. The ACs in your garage should have NO, as in ZERO, common parts EXCEPT for optional parts.

EDIT - Yes, that includes EVERYTHING. Even the FCS, Radiator, Generator, and Booster. Yes, only one AC can have ANANDA.

EDIT - Para sa mga pilosopo: Whether it's the right or left back weapon, that still counts as the same weapon. So if you have a left KARURA on one AC and a right KARURA on another, that's still breaking the rule. But you can have, let's say, two KARURAs on the same AC. Just not on your others.

- This rule, combined with rule #2, forces even more diversity in designs. Theoretically, it also forces the player to distribute the top-tier parts among the ACs in his/her garage because placing most of the good parts in only one AC will reduce the top-tier potential for the other ACs in that garage. Of course this can still be circumvented through careful designing. But that's the point.
OOOOOHHHHHH. Big grin

This sounds like fun! A query though, if you don't mind me asking. What game should we use for the next PACT? LR still?
We thought up the new rules with LR in mind. It's the only incarnation that we're sure everybody (kind of) has access to at the moment. I'm quite sure most everyone would be open to trying out earlier games for future PACTs though?

Another Age seems like a good choice. Someone ought to bring copies of the earlier games to the next meet-ups.
I don't mind Silent Line din. Eh AC4 kasi isn't available to everyone yet... Sad And some people even prefer LR over AC4 eheh

But yeah, LR most probably. Although the rules seem applicable to any AC game naman eh. Tongue

So do you like it, Grim?
Im all for this idea Happy
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

I like the additional rules.

Specially 2 and 3.

Like...

Eigengaru! I Choose You!!
-Hit with Large Missile-

Eigengrau Retreat!

ObdsidianRock! Take him Down!!
-Hit with LX-

Oh S**T!!
I'm out of AC's...

IMO, 3 should be the max number of AC's.
'Signatures are overrated.'
I'm all for this idea too. Rule number 2 and 3 are awesome. More designing and less use of top-tier parts.
Personally, I love the idea too. I'm glad to see that we're getting enthusiastic feedback so far. Happy
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+July 18, 2007 01:52 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (NiX @ July 18, 2007 01:52 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> So do you like it, Grim? [/quote:1a748db496]
I'm all for it. Should make for some pretty interesting designs, and also pave the way for our community to have an actual identity when it comes to tournaments. Kumbaga, formats and rules of our own doing.

Haha this gets me all excited again for AC. Tongue

I still wish we're going to use an earlier game than LR though (AA! AA! AA! AA! or AC3? or SL? Hehe), but I guess when it comes down to it, LR is a pretty good choice since all of us have access to it, and it's considered to be quite balanced. I guess I should start an education campaign on the wonders of the classics? Designs? Pics? Videos?
I for one vot for a change in the rules though... it is three acs so... maybe a slight lightening of the rules may be good ...

lol what about map specific acs.... as in acs meant ot fight in one map... including the bnned maps... ( eg anti ecm ac for a high ecm map, or a high ap and cooling for the volcano map ...) just a suggestion...

<!--QuoteBegin-Grimlok+July 19, 2007 08:54 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Grimlok @ July 19, 2007 08:54 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-NiX+July 18, 2007 01:52 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (NiX @ July 18, 2007 01:52 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> So do you like it, Grim? [/quote:fc9a3229f9]
I'm all for it. Should make for some pretty interesting designs, and also pave the way for our community to have an actual identity when it comes to tournaments. Kumbaga, formats and rules of our own doing.

Haha this gets me all excited again for AC. Tongue

I still wish we're going to use an earlier game than LR though (AA! AA! AA! AA! or AC3? or SL? Hehe), but I guess when it comes down to it, LR is a pretty good choice since all of us have access to it, and it's considered to be quite balanced. I guess I should start an education campaign on the wonders of the classics? Designs? Pics? Videos? [/quote:fc9a3229f9]
We could work on that, given the 1st Gen PS Console...

MOA!!!
'Signatures are overrated.'
<!--QuoteBegin-clonezero+July 19, 2007 07:39 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (clonezero @ July 19, 2007 07:39 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I for one vot for a change in the rules though... it is three acs so... maybe a slight lightening of the rules may be good ...

lol what about map specific acs.... as in acs meant ot fight in one map... including the bnned maps... ( eg anti ecm ac for a high ecm map, or a high ap and cooling for the volcano map ...) just a suggestion... [/quote:f5e306a225]
Sorry man I didn't totally understand that part about the map-specific ACs. Care to elaborate?

However, as for reducing some of the existing part bans, I don't know. Several of us are actually quite comfortable already with the current ban list. But as usual, if enough people want a change in the ban list, then there will be a change. But please direct you suggestions to our PACT regulations thread. Happy

-----

As for a tournament for the older AC games, I don't mind. Wanna have that during the RR anniv? Tongue Like MOA, perhaps?
I just found out my own suggestion is hard to explain so let me ponder on that for a while but its basically " map specific champions " or something like that.

You mean having a sort of sub-tournament that is fought within the bounds of a single map only? That's okay with me too, although it seems a bit limited.
yeah now that I look at it a bit more your right ... back to the drawing board...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 64,739 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,398 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 322,807 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  PACT Regulations for LR NiX 316 387,581 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PACT 6 NiX 36 46,733 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM