Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:01 AM
General Technical Help
Yes NiX, there's a price to pay for everything. Tongue

Would anyone know if this method to get quad A battery power is safe?
Theoretically, it should work. Just make sure that the stuff you'll be ripping out of the 9V battery and the AAAA have the same voltage. Use one of those voltage testers. Otherwise, you might end up with a fried tablet.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135732/article.html

14 great programs you probably didn't know about.

I have that article bookmarked now. it's that good.
ಠ_ಠ
Hahah I used to regularly buy PC World magazines. But since I noticed that some of their best articles eventually end up on their site anyway, I stopped buying. Tongue
strawhat_luffy Wrote:http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135732/article.html

14 great programs you probably didn't know about.

I have that article bookmarked now. it's that good.
I mean to brag.

Linux already has half of those features built in.

It's that good.

Tongue
rofl. think I'll stick with Vista for now.

but dual-booting will be an option...

EDIT: oh, and I've never even heard of AAAA batteries before, much less seen them.
ಠ_ಠ
Grimlok Wrote:Yes NiX, there's a price to pay for everything. Tongue

Just as an update, I went ahead with this. Once I got the outer metal skin peeled off, I found no battery cells, only six spongy blocks stacked vertically. Apparently Eveready changed the internals of their 9V battery. I might try an Energizer, but not too soon because batteries frickin' cost a lot.
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/ar..._apps.html

Some VERY COOL websites linked in that article. Productivity sites that mimic the functionality of specialized software such as MS-Office, music rippers, and document viewers.

Some allow you to use MS-office-style apps on your browser, rip and store cds online right from your browser, upload word/excel/etc files to be viewed publicly or privatly (a la youtube), etc.
Anyone know any good console repair shops? Particularly, repair shops that repair really really old consoles like the Grey PSX and the bulky PS2... cause the one's I know can't get parts for my consoles anymore, and the other place I tried to get my PS2 repaired ended up scratching my DVD's to death thanks to over-heightened lens alignment...

I don't wanna buy a new PS2 coz the slim releases are crappy and have very low playing time endurance before overheating (plus they cost a lot...) and I'm pretty sure there's nowhere left in the philippines where I can buy an old Grey PSX besides used ones from EBAY (and I really don't know how to purchase stuff from that place...)

I used to be able to repair my consoles myself even when I had absolutely no experience... but its gotten to the point where I can't fix it anymore...

so can anybody help? doesn't matter if it's costly so long as maayos nila absolutely and hindi ako pabalik-balik... I really don't wan't my consoles to die... too many sentimental memories...
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><b><i>"Nan kuru nai sa..."</i></b></span>
I think lord_leperman can teach you how to do it yourself.

But since this seems to be a hardware problem, I don't know how much can be done without getting new parts. >_<
Grimlok Wrote:
Grimlok Wrote:Yes NiX, there's a price to pay for everything. Tongue

Just as an update, I went ahead with this. Once I got the outer metal skin peeled off, I found no battery cells, only six spongy blocks stacked vertically. Apparently Eveready changed the internals of their 9V battery. I might try an Energizer, but not too soon because batteries frickin' cost a lot.

Actually, I've opened an Eveready 9V years before [10 actually], and even then, they're already rectangular stacks.
What's fun is I also nailed a Double A battery literally with a 2 inch naild and hammer. It overheated so much, I can't touch it.

Trial and error?

Anyways, what are the Quad A's for?
'Signatures are overrated.'
Serene Wrote:Anyways, what are the Quad A's for?

They're for powering small light pens and flashlights, and for annoying the people who need them because they cannot be found anywhere oh god
Quad As are for powering freebies. LOL
Question from a total noob - how do you reenable the Task Manager if it gets disabled by a virus? I caught a bug earlier when i plugged in an officemate's flash drive (typical idiot - i didn't have any AV program running when i accessed it) and somehow, the controls for opening the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) are no longer working. All i'm getting is a message saying that it was "disabled by your administrator".

I was able to get the virus (a worm actually) quarantined and deleted but i still can't get it to work, even when opening the program using the run command. Is there some way that i can get it back or will i now have to reformat (something which i really hate doing) and reinstall more than three hundred gigs of data?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah thats the same problem we had on our computer ... the virus has become your administrator I sympathize ... anyway if it is like ours practically you've got a virus for your administrator and password protected at that, heck a number of options have been disabled ... anyway my only advice is formatting or hiring a uber hacker to hack the virus...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!