Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:55 PM
Some problems and questions
<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>1)</span>

Hmm. AVG says in the results/infections that Boot Disk = Change. I'm going to get this thing fixed, probably right now or after two days. Now, I'm wondering. What does that mean? Do I have to change my Boot Disk or do I just have to reformat or what?

If I'm going to reformat the disk, too bad I won't be able to back up my files since I don't have any CDs remaining. My rare PSX ISOs, no! Blah like I care anyway.

LOL I found 12 TROJANS in the system files. I emptied the virus vault after my parents saw the TROJANS. Yes!! I'm gonna have a lot excuses to tell my parents why I have to get my PC upgraded. It's all thanks to my mom for deactivating AVG Virus. YAY!!

So... Is my PC seriously damaged? ROFL.

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>2)</span>

How important are the files from C:\System Volume Information or D:\System Volume Information? The folder has 39 THREATS. So I moved them all to the Virus Vault. Now, my question is that how am I going to deal with it? Should I just delete it or is it necessary to have those files or will your computer crash once that happens?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These questions should be already solved by googling, but whenever I search at google, my browser fails to respond and then hangs. I should have tried my laptop, but my father brought it with him at the car.

ROFL.

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>X_X</span>
Hula Hula me ne?

Do you have 2 hardrives?
Di mo ba pwedeng i backup yung mga files mo sa drive D, tapos mag reinstall ka ng bagong OS sa drive C.

Parang ganyan kasi nangyari sa pc namin noon, nung ayaw na talagang ma-ayos nung windows, bumili kami ng isa pang hardrive para doon i reinstall yung OS. after installation na access ko muli yung mga files sa lumang drive.

@Sinubukan mo na rin bang mag CHKDSK?

Usually, a rather knowledgeable friend of mine has one standard answer for those problems...

He looks at me and says poker-faced: "Reformat na yan."

Must remind myself to deck the guy the next time he replies with that answer.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+April 30, 2007 05:26 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Goatling @ April 30, 2007 05:26 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> How important are the files from C:\System Volume Information or D:\System Volume Information?&nbsp; The folder has 39 THREATS.&nbsp; So I moved them all to the Virus Vault.&nbsp; Now, my question is that how am I going to deal with it?&nbsp; Should I just delete it or is it necessary to have those files or will your computer crash once that happens? [/quote:9bc6fb740d]
AVG moving your files to the Virus Vault doesn't delete them, it only prevents them from being executed by the system. Thus, theoretically, if these files were trojans, then there wouldn't be any more spreading, since they're contained and unable to execute.

Theoretically. Sometimes the Vault lets one or two processes through. :/

JE's suggestion sounds right. If you have two hard drives, put all your files into the one without the OS installed on it. Then when you do reformat C:/ or whatever, just load them back. Of course there is a chance that one of those backed-up files are infected... woot.

It's just a really hard thing to contain, isn't it? In the future, be more careful of what you download. Be paranoid to the point of not downloading every link you come across (even those written here!). I've been really disciplined with this computer I'm typing from, and so far I haven't had any major problems.
That's why im afraid of downloading large files. And also leaving your computer online and unattended for several hours is not good.

ROFL. Yeah. I have two separate drives (C and D), but when I scanned the other one w/out the OS (D) it's also infected, ROFL.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions... Questions on... Serene 1 3,324 07-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Grim