Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:28 PM
IDs and Gamertags and Friend Codes.
Some new fields in your profiles have popped up for PSN IDs, XBL Gamertags and Wii Numbers. Just so that everything's available at a quick glance.
I just saw Leonhardt's post on the shoutbox. Just reminding you guys that these fields are still here.

Do you want me to put them beneath every post you make as well? For quick reference?
theGrim Wrote:Do you want me to put them beneath every post you make as well? For quick reference?

I did. Now the template for posts is longer, so you have to make each post longer also or risk having lots of empty spaces on the board credited to your name. Haha.
That, or you make really big signatures.
I'm willing to bet that most of us don't have the money to spend for 7th gen consoles yet because our parents won't buy them for us anymore. So we probably don't really need the extra tags yet, do we? Other than that, big blank spaces on forums don't look aesthetically pleasing at all.

The way I see it, if you're going to put up options for these forms, put y!m, aim and msn ids instead. If somebody really wants to add another member, chat him/her up and ask. It isn't too hard.
Well I figured the forums should handle all the need for communication and such. Chatting can just as easily be done here through PM or text.

Besides, I'm willing to bet about 1-2 weeks from now no one would even notice the extra tags.

EDIT: It seems there's no way to make them appear only if they contain something. So, they'll stay for the time being until enough people raise up complaints.
theGrim Wrote:EDIT: It seems there's no way to make them appear only if they contain something. So, they'll stay for the time being until enough people raise up complaints.

I found a solution from someone, as you can probably see. It doesn't show what's not there anymore.

There's still lots of white (or black) space on the forums though. Avatar sizes are now the culprits. Tongue
I added some more fields for Steam, Epic, and B.net. I wiped the previous data too, so just put in your current ones.
Oh, that's nice. Thanks.

Though i know some people still use IRC or Jabber even today Big grin