Current time: 03-29-2024, 09:36 PM
Microsoft to release another XBox?
<a href='http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/26/hdmi-and-120gb-enabled-xbox-360-elite-all-signs-point-to-yes/' target='_blank'>Read.</a>

Hmm... a special edition XBox 360... the addition of HDMI and a bigger hard drive sounds like an upgrade to compete with the PS3's raw power.

The perils of early adaptation.

EDIT: Well, since the 360's been out for almost a year and a half already, I guess it's not that early if you've "adapted". But still, it sucks to have something like this dropped upon you, especially if you've been enjoying your perfectly good console for the last 12 months or so. Console upgrades (key word) should only appear every four or five years IMO.
Yep,but still don't like it Big grin
That's marketing executives for you, always looking to get the jump on the competition. Corporation greediness is utterly appalling at times, Microsoft especially.

Off-topic but slightly related to this one: Microsoft was planning to release a competitor to the iPod that could play 8- and 16-bit games. I read about it in Games Master's last ish but i never found out if the plan got off the ground or not.

Kupal rin nila ano?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Hahaha. Get lost, XBOX. LOL.

Bill Gates is already rich, I wonder why he's not satisfied with his money yet.

I think he wants more. Tongue
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+April 01, 2007 12:04 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ April 01, 2007 12:04 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think he wants more. Tongue [/quote:98d85e4ea4]
I don't think he wants more....

...I think he wants it all!
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Lesson:

NEVER EVER EVER buy first-generation hardware. EVER.
LOL.
And here I was gona buy an xbox360 earlier today.. Wow, you guys realy hate microsoft that much. I think I'm w/ you guys in this.. Kupal nga si bill gates Smile) , yet I'm gona buy xb360 anyway, "why the fuck" you ask? Well cuz PS3's game line up has been less appealing for the last few months now(well you gota admit i'm right ir), even tho PS3's FUTURE game line up is sooo promising, ps3 gotta pick up the pace or It'l lose to (tho highly unprobable) XB360. I'm not leaving PS3 for XB360 tho(thinkin of buyin just PS3 later nxt year), I'm just find it PS3 not that apealing enough to buy NOW(OK, hate me).
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
<!--QuoteBegin-Doom Trigger+April 01, 2007 08:11 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Doom Trigger @ April 01, 2007 08:11 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wow, you guys realy hate microsoft that much. [/quote:52ffbd417a]
Haha, and here I was trying to be unbiased in what I say. Tongue

But yes, if I were to choose for a gaming platform (which I will), I'd pick Sony over Microsoft. The reasons, I think I've already said numerous times. But usually it's Sony that gets the better games in the end, and their consoles live out longer (hello, PS1 and PS2?).

Plus, don't you agree that the XBox has more of that 'Western' vibe? It gives me the chills. Haha...

Well, not really. But only because Sony's kinda headed that way too. XD
hmm... im still rooting for PS3, xbox360 has a large game line up only because
it is in the market for a long time now. When the ps3 starts to pick up its pace,
it will just be left behind (just remembered dreamcast when the ps1 came out).

ps3 has fun and unique import games and xbox has lots of bloody 1st person
shooting games. (sorry... didn't like 1st person shooters, can't handle them in
the long run. makes me dizzy and Vomit Vomit Vomit probably due to
their slow fps. except for cs and ww# themed ones)

@DT
save your money or buy a 5.1 or higher sound system for your ps3.
that's what i am planning even though xbox360 only costs around 10KPhp here.
Ninja Ninja 
hehe, too late..
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
Oh too bad DT,you can't be in the republic anymore No no

Nah,that's ok man,we still accept you LOL
Uragirimono!!!

you are now officially one of bill gate's followers.
Rofl Rofl Rofl

..... so how are the doa games? Shifty
Ninja Ninja 
I'm guessing DT only bought 360 for doa games. Don't worry man, we got you covered Shifty
<!--QuoteBegin-cabs+April 04, 2007 08:20 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cabs @ April 04, 2007 08:20 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ..... so how are the doa games? Shifty [/quote:f08c7b91d4]
Yep, the first logical purchase for any logical male. Hehe.

But to be fair, DOA's become a very technical fighting game. A bit focused more on the counters than on the offense, but yeah, it's fun to play.

In any case DT, have you found any AC4 copies for the console yet? Because there are already the P350 versions of 360 discs around... Shifty

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XBOX 720 atdsutm 6 7,729 12-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Tadakatsu1Honda
  Rumored Xbox 360 price cuts for September Twin-Skies 3 4,852 08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Doom Trigger
  E3 2008: Wolfenstein for PS3 and Xbox 360 Twin-Skies 1 3,515 07-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Grim