Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:28 PM
Gran Turismo
finally got GT5 for a few days, and it is awesome.

FINALLY GOT MY TOYOTA SUPRA RZ, tuned her to death and she handles like a charm after a bunch of test runs. turns out you cant set the suspension TOO low, as it will give the car an " I wanna turn, but suspension wont allow me to" property, where the car in the middle of the turn, suddenly jerks back to idle neutral state, in which you have to re input the turn. confirmed this by re adjusting the ride height higher, in which the effect disappeared.

surprisingly, even as a heavy fr car, the supra turns aggressively , but doesn't slide out like the freaking rx7.
I guess I'm quite behind schedule, but I'm finally able to get the game back from my uncle and patch it to 1.07! So far, the differences I've noticed are the added steering sensitivity setup and that the cars are already running prior to the race. Not to mention I've been seeing this "gifting cars temporarily disabled" thing - they're probably going to take off trading and duping. There's still PD's car loan system though.

Btw, anyone up for remote races? Want to level up your Bob (B-SPEC driver) a few times?

Anyway, here's GT5's 1.07 patch notes.

Quote:1. Remote racing between friends to level up drivers

You can now set the AI drivers you created for B Spec in Gran Turismo 5 to be shared online, and you can host fully automated B Spec races (Remote races) that will grant rewards and experience.
You can either watch the live broadcast of the remote race, or save it to watch later. In B Spec mode the player is the director of a racing team, working to level up your very own AI Drivers.
The races are driven by AI Drivers against each other, and the player does not have to drive the car themselves.
This is a unique racing strategy simulation mode of Gran Turismo that allows you to enjoy races as you would in a live race broadcast on TV.

2. Supporting Remote Racing from the web browser

In “Remote Races” you can log in to the official “gran-turismo.com” website using a standard web browser, to start races, monitor its progress and check the results.
This creates a new playing style that allows you to play “Gran Turismo Anywhere”.

3. Tracks made in the Course Maker can now be used online

You can now use tracks created in the “Course Maker”; Gran Turismo 5′s original course creation tool, in online head to head races (In the open lobby and my lounge).
You can also automatically generate a new course right on the spot.

4. Car rental system among friends

You can now rent cars that are set to be shared online by your friends.
This allows you to co-operate with your friends to advance in the game, loaning or borrowing cars you need amongst each other in addition to those you have acquired on your own.

5. Multi-monitor display compatibility

It is now possible to connect multiple PlayStation 3‘s and multiple monitors to create an ultra high resolution, wide angle playing view.
By operating up to five PlayStation 3′s connected by LAN in parallel, it is possible to create a field of view that covers up to 180 degrees.

Assuming you've read the patch notes I've linked/quoted, here's what I currently have on the sharing list:

Redbull X2010 Prototype
Suzuku ESCUDO
F10
Citroen Concept '08
Minolta Toyota Race Car '89
F-150 (in case you need to clear that Pickup Truck Challenge)
i need to get as many GTRs as possible
(03-09-2011, 11:33 AM)atdsutm Wrote: i need to get as many GTRs as possible

I don't know which is more expensive - you trying to buy all the available colors of the GT-R or me trying to collect all variants of the Lancer Evolution series. Blink
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
i think yours is the more expensive endeavor

i mean, GT5 has only like 8509385402 total colors, and all i need is 8509385402 GTRs for that

on the side note, i just started "playing" B-SPEC races and getting more exp for my driver.

(03-10-2011, 04:48 PM)atdsutm Wrote: i think yours is the more expensive endeavor

i mean, GT5 has only like 8509385402 total colors, and all i need is 8509385402 GTRs for that

on the side note, i just started "playing" B-SPEC races and getting more exp for my driver.

You'll soon start developing the habit of leaving the game running while you do other stuff around the house. That's what happened to me after i discovered the rather intoxicating charm of B-Spec mode.

I thought i could shake it off. I thought wrong. I got addicted to it.

It got pretty bad that there was even a point where my B-Spec level was way higher than my A-Spec level. I then went through rehab and a few sessions of "B-Spec Addicts Anonymous" and i've been happily back behind the wheel ever since.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I've said this a lot of times, but let me reiterate it:

Let's try to level up our Bobs and set up remote races. That way, we'll be able to get cash and exp even when we're not playing GT5. Not to mention iirc you can still play A and B-spec while your shared drivers are in an ongoing remote race. Then we can prolly attempt 24-hour endurance races for them.

If a 4-hour endurance race can gauge up your exp bar by half when you're level 30 onwards, then 24 hours of racing = profit for exp and money!
Just posting some pics of the cars that i find to be really, really fun to drive. Not necessarily the fastest or the most maneuverable, these are cars that i wouldn't mind taking round and round a track for an entire afternoon, if only for the sheer pleasure of virtual driving. Happy

[Image: RERX-7.jpg]

[Image: EVOVIIIR.jpg]

[Image: SpoonS2000.jpg]

[Image: MinesTunedR34.jpg]

[Image: AmemiyaAsparadrinkRX-7.jpg]

[Image: HKS230R.jpg]

[Image: BlitzEBR34.jpg]
i was thinking of doing a meet-up

LE MANS 24 HOUR meet up

i really need you guys to help us finish that race, 2 drivers are not enough.

and also i just got an ESCUDO DIRT TRIAL CAR
(03-17-2011, 12:12 AM)atdsutm Wrote: i was thinking of doing a meet-up

LE MANS 24 HOUR meet up

i really need you guys to help us finish that race, 2 drivers are not enough.

and also i just got an ESCUDO DIRT TRIAL CAR

That'll be only be enabled once you reach lvl 40. That'll take a while. LOL

But yeah, let's finish it when we have the time.
[Image: 2c46002ae06d14fd601c83c59527c59c.jpg]

[Image: Kyoto-Gion.jpg]
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/G...p/13135941

SUPERIOR PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Now why didn't I see this. I kept canceling that update just so I can play already. At least this time around, I'll be sure to clear them all (endurance races FUCKFUCKFUCK) now.

Here I go, GT5!
Another reason to start hitting the track!
http://www.gtplanet.net/sony-exec-commen...t-project/

It's going to take another 5 years! OHHYYEAHH