Current time: 04-19-2024, 05:19 PM
VR Tests
<!--QuoteBegin-Topic+ VR Tests--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Topic @ VR Tests)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->[/quote:8a91305347]
Do you guys even use it? I usually test my AC in the mobility and the AC test. I'm wondering if you guys find the VR tests useful. Am I the only one who stays in the mobility test for an hour? I usually just hop-boosting for a while to check my AC's BGR combo, but I always ended up not knowing that I've been boost-hopping for over an hour. I find that boosting for over an hour would be big waste of time. What about you guys? You think the VR Tests are useful?
In AC4 is more useful,i gues
If you're experienced you'll probably go the arena instead of the VR.
Theyre only useful for beginneers.
I use the one with the orbiting MTs to check for the range of my weapons. I also pretend I'm fighting an imaginary opponent in the empty test arena, pretty much how some martial-artists practice on their own.
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Feb 23 2007, 05:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Feb 23 2007, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I use the one with the orbiting MTs to check for the range of my weapons. I also pretend I'm fighting an imaginary opponent in the empty test arena, pretty much how some martial-artists practice on their own.[/quote:f4f8f3d38e]

I guess that would be the reason why I always ended up boost-hopping for a long time. Argh
I use the VR test with no enemies to test the mobility of my creations. For combat-effectiveness, I head on to the VR Arena, start at the lowest-ranked AC then move on upwards.
I hate the way you talk to me. And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick — It even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh — Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it that you're not around. And the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you — Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.
Diretso sa Arena...
Barry Manx is good target practice...
'Signatures are overrated.'
Well yeah I practice in the VR with the beginner AC to beat, and 4 more challenge I try them on every mission that is easy.
My first impression of you was right

But there is still that needs to be done

We must hurry
I practice OB blading on those flying drone things(I don't know what they're called)

and I test my AC on the beginner AC also...
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
<!--QuoteBegin-Serene+February 24, 2007 09:11 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Serene @ February 24, 2007 09:11 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Diretso sa Arena...
Barry Manx is good target practice... [/quote:8ea28008ea]
But Right now, I'm using the empty arena to build up and bring back my Ranged Dempsey Roll's rhythm...

Then, I go fight the EX and VR Arena AC's one by one to get used to varying attack and weapon patterns.

IMO, when it to such training method, MoA is the best. Imagine practicing on 100+ opponents and winning...

Come to think of it, NB might have been well off in the Arena Format, compared to what it was, because nothing beats directly acquired experience...

If it worked for me in MoA, it will work for me in LR...
Bitin nga lang sa kalaban...
Too easy eh...

In LR:
The Bladers are too "UN"Bladerlike and simply strike from the ground to your core dealing little damage...
The Shooters spam too much...
The Top Ranker is completely cheap...
There is only one true pain in the ass in the arena -1337 Damn You-...

In MoA:
The Bladers blade a lot and land well placed powerful core hits that truly hurt...
The Shooters spam way more but can be countered...
Top Rankers are well designed and thought off...
Though not everyone in the arena kicks ass, they're worth taking down because they're challenging enough to make you go up to 60% of your skills...

'Signatures are overrated.'
Quote:I practice OB blading on those flying drone things(I don't know what they're called)

and I test my AC on the beginner AC also...
Oh. ROFL. That's also the place where I used to practice blading and parry-blading long time ago, but I gave up on the parry-blading thingy so I used dual guns then. Those MTs you're talking about can be found on the Log menu btw.
I find VR tests useful. I use it every time I change something in my AC so I will know how my AC will perform. And I will be prepared before an arena match or a sortie. But there's still something missing...

I hope they will have an idea of changing the environments... So we can test our AC's more in different types of situations for example - ecm, recon, urban, underground and high thermal type of environments that will further test the AC's capabilities:

For instance, what will happen if you use your booster or OB in high temperature areas? So that we will know if our AC has the right cooling setup. How much temp. Can our AC's resist or lower down while in high temp. Areas.

Things like that
I use the VR test for experimental designs. Example would be testing a high OB heat core + high forced cooling rad. Of course, in actual battle, it could be pretty dangerous to test them.
[Image: nines.jpg]
I now test parry blade designs in VR since...I'm always bored
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]