Current time: 03-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Making new types of tourneys
<span style='color:yellow'>Post here whenever you think of a new type of competition. You could post new rules, types, and etc and wait for the admin to approve it.
Mine would be this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starter Parts Competition:

Rules:
You can't change or add any parts here. You simply use the default setup and then tune it.

Winning Conditions:
Simply kill and survive.

Venue: Anywhere

Tank Fight

Rules:
You can only use caterpillars. All legs are prohibited.

Winning Conditions:
Simply kill and survive.

Venue: Born City or Cyberspace

OB Cannoneers

Rules:
You can't use caterpillars and quads. You also can't use arm weapons. You can only bring cannon type weapons and you can only use OB cores.

Winning Conditions:
Kill the enemy with the use of kneel+fire+OB method.

Venue: VR Test Area

Blade Fighting

Rules:
You can't use anything except blade and no EO cores allowed, sorry. Dual blade arms are allowed.

Winning Conditions:
Just kill them.

Venue: AC Garage

Lightweight Competition

Rules:
Nothing, really. Except that your AC's max weight shouldn't exceed 3990. No dual gunning, shields, etc. Only blades are allowed to be equipped in the left arm. LW legs are those classified with fast running animations.

Winning Conditions:
Kill them.

Survive Evangel

Rules:
You can only use a default AC. No changing of internal, armoring, and attacking parts. You can't add Extensions and Insides either. Tunes are allowed though.

Winning Conditions:
Survive Evangel with the longest duration. You don't have to kill him. You can if you want to, if it's possible.

</span>

<span style='color:orange'>I dunno, probably not a competition. Looks more mini-gameish to me.

Edit:
Edited some rules.</span>
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+Feb 18 2007, 09:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ Feb 18 2007, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Starter External Parts Competition:

Rules:
You can't change the Armoring Parts and the Attacking Parts. You can't even add extensions, insides and hangers. You could only change the internal parts. Tuning every part is allowed.

Winning Conditions:
Simply kill and survive.

Venue: Anywhere

[/quote:f9dd6f3d4f]
This one is good but I think no part should be changed on this one. This is a true test for one's piloting skill.
Most of the players who lose have poor piloting skill or they use poorly built ACs.
I'm all for the exclusive leg class type of games, but with a little tweaking with the definition of of certain leg classes.

I for one, am already comfortable with the present classification of leg types used in the game. That is LWs are those legs with the fast running animation, MWs with the mid-running animation, and the HWs with the walking animation. All other leg types are in their respective classes.

However, I am not exactly for the "Survive Evangel" mode. Its kinnda... well Tongue
<!--QuoteBegin-jonevangelist+Feb 18 2007, 10:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jonevangelist @ Feb 18 2007, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This one is good but I think no part should be changed on this one. This is a true test for one's piloting skill.
Most of the players who lose have poor piloting skill or they use poorly built ACs.[/quote:099dae9f31]
<span style='color:yellow'>I usually fight my cousin with this rule, except that changing internal parts're actually allowed though. The one quoted above is actually better than the old rule lol. Changed the rules anyway. This'll probably let each of us know how we apply in various situations. Big grin</span>

<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Feb 18 2007, 10:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Feb 18 2007, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->However, I am not exactly for the "Survive Evangel" mode. Its kinnda... well Tongue[/quote:099dae9f31]
<span style='color:yellow'>I'm not sure about that competition either. It's more like a mini-game. lol</span> Tongue

<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Feb 18 2007, 10:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Feb 18 2007, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'm all for the exclusive leg class type of games, but with a little tweaking with the definition of of certain leg classes.

I for one, am already comfortable with the present classification of leg types used in the game. That is LWs are those legs with the fast running animation, MWs with the mid-running animation, and the HWs with the walking animation. All other leg types are in their respective classes.[/quote:099dae9f31]
<span style='color:yellow'>Changed some rules about the LW Competition thing.

Will add more later.</span>
I like the OB Cannoneers and the Lightweight Competition. Big grin

Blade Fighting sounds a lot like a hit and miss affair though, haha. I noticed most people who play blades (myself not being exempt from this) use counter-blading to land hits. That is, one's constantly waiting for the other to slash and miss, so that he or she can move in and land one himself/herself. There's nothing really wrong with that except it leads to darned-long matches. Tongue I suggest a time limit of 3 minutes tops to get the fight done and over with.

Now that this has been brought up though, the question turns to when it should be held. Our meetings right now aren't exactly constant, and whatever <a href='http://ravenrepublic-forums.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=629&view=findpost&p=7687184' target='_blank'>time</a> we do get is quite small.

Also, I think that for future meets, we should all focus on really getting better, at least for the first hour or so of playing. As in focused training, real fights. The fun matches can be reserved for the end.
If you want everyone to spam blades, we could probably try limiting the time for... 25 seconds! Big grin

Anyway, just another update:

Joust:

Rules:
Only OB cores are allowed. You can only use blades and you can only attack with the blade while OBing.

Winning Conditions:
Just kill them.

Venue: Arena, Training Space, Ruins, Spaceport

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>----------------------------------</span>

Manual Aiming Match:

Rules:
You can only use weapons that have no lock. Blades aren't allowed except for LB, LB2, ELF, and ELF2. EO cores aren't allowed.

Winning Conditions:
Kill. If both of you run out of ammo, the winner will be judged with the according to highest AP.

Venue: Training Space, S-Site

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>----------------------------------</span>

First Blood:

Rules:
No regulations, really.

Winning Conditions:
Be the first one to break at least one enemy AC part.

I'm out of ideas again. Argh
Remember that wild card tourney we planned before? Tongue We can probably add those here.
Sure. I'd love to play the KUJAKU+GULL+flamethrowers combo. LOL
Back when the days that cabs was the only human opponent I knew in AC, we got so bored and did this. The concept is

Players(can be 2-4)
AC type and arms load out

- Any parts in the garage w/ humanoid legs and OB core
- Any tuning
- no Optional parts
- blade and back mounted launcher(any weapon that wil cause ur AC to kneell, nades, slugs etc..)
- stage is AC Arena is 1st choice, tho it can be held any map

The concept of this battle is to gain strategic placement of your AC in the battlefield to fire your main back weapon(which preferebly inflicts massive damage to compensate for the stationary time ul consume), cuz if you do decide to "kneel-&-fire" ull be easy target for blading. What makes this very interesting is that ppl are forced to think evry move(more skills do make you win but) rather go barreling a blaze cuz every offensive move(blading or kneeling) makes you open to your oponent. The main game hre is strategy, u can fake ur kneel, or fire up ur main gun intentionaly to draw ur oponent to you, and blade away at close range, or fake your blading(you get the picture).

4 player action even ups the tention cuz you'll be open for 2 oponents if ull target 1 oponent(thus the term backstab).
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)