Current time: 03-29-2024, 10:30 PM
Best AC innovations
Well, this one's work related.

We're all coming up with independent articles for posting over at the site, and I chose an AC4 piece. The theme is "What's already been good?"

The idea is to enumerate what we ravens whink were the best of what's happened in AC since the first game, from equipment, to interface, to game tweaks.

I was hoping to get your help here, guys. The article's due tomorrow afternoon. In line with that, I was hoping to hear what you guys think are the best features that AC4 has to offer when it lands.

as for my personal faves:

1. OB
2. dual-weapons
3. cooling physics
4. gradual parts balancing
5. EO

Hope to hear your opinions, guys. The article will be up by Xmas ^^
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Let's see, the addition of core functions was nice. Weapon dropping definitly. Dual Analog controls (allowed for more people to play the game). Dual gunning. The intros of AC games are always something to look foward to.

I'd can the cooling aspect because its been removed in AC4 for more simple designing.
Well, since I'm all riled up for AC4 while still being able to see some of its (projected) weaker points, I don't see why I can't contribute something here. Here's a quick rundown of my favorite things from the action we've all seen so far:

1. Speed is back. The action now moves at a pace similar to the older PS1 games. While that could've lead to more arcadey battles, at least AC4 has some complexity going for it to ensure a possibility of playing tactically.

2. No more strict weight classes. From the reading I've been doing up on the game, it seems that the overweight status has now been removed. That means how fast you go is really proportionate to the armaments you have, as well as your defenses. No more heavies that move at lightweight speed.

3. Blade tracking is back. 'Nuff said, methinks. Big grin

4. No more part breaking. Should refocus the action back on actually piloting your core with the extent of its abilities enabled, instead of limping about like a sick man. Part breaking could've been a great balancing factor, but as From learned that they can't balance things well, it was wise of them to take it out.

5. That 'new game' sensation. Yeah, so call me easily-wowed. So what? It's what matters to me, not necessarily to you.
The mind-boogling, high-paced action. Man, the OB function has been way tuned up!

(Gundam Smile) )
[Image: nines.jpg]
Quote:4. No more part breaking. Should refocus the action back on actually piloting your core with the extent of its abilities enabled, instead of limping about like a sick man. Part breaking could've been a great balancing factor, but as From learned that they can't balance things well, it was wise of them to take it out.

man,i like it when the arm breaks coz it looks more realistic..well..except for the legs,doesn't seemed like anything is broken there
Sorry for being off-topic but Twinskies, what's the URL of the site you work for?
its qj.net
OB is a definite fave innovation of mine, along with the dual-wield ability.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Inside weapons and Extensions...
Weapon hangers too...

They made use of some of the extra space with these...
'Signatures are overrated.'
Blade arms Happy
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
Thanks, guys. Will be writing the article by tomorrow. It'll be on the site probably on Xmas day. I'll let you know when it's up.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]