Internal Systems:
Fleet | SRA02 | VE905 | SA44
Armaments and Countermeasures:
- | R10 | S40-1 | - | RF-160 | SRFL/70
Optional Enhancements:
S-SCR, E/SCR, STAB, ECMP, AXL, BRK, TRN, AW
Paint Scheme: Royal Blue
General: 20,20,20 | 0,0,109 | 60,60,60 | 40,120,200 | 60,60,60

My first SL topic. Woot. Pictar coming soon.

Anyway, I did exactly what I said in the title: reverse engineering. I tried to remake <a href='http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=250' target='_blank'>Invictus</a> in SL, and after some part changes, this is what I came up with. The Rachis is just a great head (wow no more breaking!). The Ray is like my OB dreams come true, while the Mach is uhh... yeah, the Mach. 077's in keeping with the Jaguar theme. Whaddya know, the frame works.

The Fleet are definitely a godly pair of boosters, but in no way game breaking IMO. I've also heard so much about the ROZ gen, yet I can see no great difference in performance with the VE905. The radiator could possibly be downgraded, but that's the thing... despite me having a copy of SL for quite a while now, I haven't really had the time to fully complete it. Hehe. Tongue

As for the combo, well I heard from NiX and Leperman that it was one of the best combos ever. I guess it just so happened that Invictus was a sniper from the start eh? Lol

Yeah... so a bit top-tier (I think?), but it's my first serious design, and as I said I haven't obtained all the parts yet. Also, I'm not familiar with what's banned in this game... some help there would be nice. Not to mention I'm still getting accustomed to SL's very fast paced environment. For those of you who think LR is the fastest AC yet, think again after you play SL: this is definitely faster and more fluid IMO. Just think, no hard landings! And OB that finally works! Mwahahahaha!

Oh... Type B is hard. :/ Haha.
the ROZ has better refresh and a bigger charge capacity IIRC, so it allows you to boost farther and OB more. Also, try the UN8, its like the FLEET only less drainy. Both changes will end up making the AC heavier though. Oh, and the HADRO are the best light arms in the game, and the MISTEYE is one of the best balanced heads in the game. Big grin

Oh yeah, what makes the RF160 + SRFL/70 godly is its WS lock box along with its decent shot velocety in the game. It also helps you train for OB rushes, so its a great way to lern the OB ropes (Attacking while OBing) before the more unforgiving OB environment of LR.

Posting for Nix.

Quote:MG800 and SRFL/70 are usually the only things banned in SL. Sometimes HADRO. Sometimes the 008 core. Sometimes the Solid Side Shields. But actually, don't bother with it and use what you like.

In my opinion, dual rifles OWN MG800 particularly because of weapon breaking.

Try equipping at least a DD10 decoy pack on this. Hi-Acts in SL swat lightweights as if they were flies.

VE905 is ok if you're really strapped for weight. But I still say ROZ. If the builder is correct, then it says that ROZ will give you almost 600 in additional surplus energy.

You may also wanna try the MISTEYE head. (According to the builder) It has more shell defense but a little less energy defense than RACHIS for less weight. IIRC, it also has a nice scanning interval.

Try the HADRO for your arms (yeah it's cookiecutter... but what can we do. HADRO OWNS arms). I think you still have weight to spare. In SL, It's generally a good idea to cram whatever you can onto the max legweight of your AC. Tongue

Yup RF-160 + SRFL/70 is definitely top-tier material. You might wanna try RF-150 + SRFL/70 though... it is lighter, can kill faster, for less endurance and less stun.

Well... that's it for now. Happy SL playing! Happy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invictus Grim 8 7,295 10-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Grim