Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:25 PM
The ORCHID Challenge
Better uses than catapult ammo.
Okay, here is the ORCHID challenge.

[Image: G03-ORCHID.jpg]

After much discussion in Skype around what the next PACT tournament should be about, the ORCHID once again reared it's ugly head and this time we decided to do something about it. In this thread we design the most competitive ACs we can, with the ORCHID being the only required part aside from the bans stated in PACT rules.

So, how do we test this out? If that one design that uses the ORCHID beats out a gauntlet of 5-10 competition level ACs, does it have the right to be called the BEST AC DESIGN EVER?

Perhaps, because if it were swapped out with a better generator, it would be faster and stronger than it had be with the ORCHID.

So, let's get designing guys.
brilliant challenge from an otherwise lol discussion!

I can't assemble anything at the moment as Goat is in possession of my ps2, but will be theorizing for now. Smile
"Gago ka Mark."
- anonimus
- anonimouse
- anonymousse
- Unknown
'Signatures are overrated.'
I'm in. Perfect time to fry and regret inside.
So, ORCHID Tournament then?

Followed by a gauntlet of non-orchid ACs and their pilots after the tournament to determine if it is the BEST AC EVER?
How is this challenge being held? Is it one guy piloting all the Orchid bots against another guy piloting 5 different regular tournament bots, and the orchid AC with the most wins is the winner? Or is it just a regular tournament where everybody plays, except every AC is an orchid AC?

Could I enter something even though I have no means to play in the tournament?
One guy will pilot the ORCHID powered ACs against another regular one in a 1v1 match.
For the final round, it will be 3v1: Three regular ones vs the best ORCHID powered one.

Go ahead and enter one Big grin

@Leperman:
It wouldn't even work as catapult ammo well. You're better off with a Fudoh :3
'Signatures are overrated.'
Alrighty then. Do I submit here or in a PM?
@ your mom:

It'd be better if you PM'd Leperman about it. That way, your design wouldn't be revealed until the day of the tourney itself.

I also want to tackle this blindly if possible, which might be the best approach for this kind of challenge since we don't have any exact idea on how it would affect metagaming.
Alright, good call. Will do that.
I will start! Though I have been away for too long, so let me know if I have violated any of the banned parts rules:

AC Name: Guisarme

Main Parts:
CR-H05XS-EYE3 (0,3,1,6,0)
C01-GAEA (6,4,0,0,0)
A11-MACAQUE (3,4,3,0,0)
CR-LH92S3 (4,3,0,1,2)
B01-BIRDIE (2,8,0,0)
CR-F73H
G03-ORCHID (7,3,0)
R03-LINDEN (3,3,4)
SUIGETSU
-
-
-
CR-WR76RA
WL02R-SPECTER

Optional Parts:
O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O05-HISTON, O06-PHAGE, MARISHI

Description:
Exceptionally well-armoured biped boasting dual rifles as well as an energy EO system. Can turn surprisingly quickly despite of its slow movement speed.

Hey look, this is another quad rifle design! No back mounts, no internal parts, energy management is done by boost hopping. If piloted properly, the EOs can be left on as long as the enemy is in sight. Pilot this AC like a heavy-quadruple and do not boost excessively for the best effect.
(09-12-2015, 02:01 PM)medusa0 Wrote: I will start! Though I have been away for too long, so let me know if I have violated any of the banned parts rules:

AC Name: Guisarme

Main Parts:
CR-H05XS-EYE3 (0,3,1,6,0)
C01-GAEA (6,4,0,0,0)
A11-MACAQUE (3,4,3,0,0)
CR-LH92S3 (4,3,0,1,2)
B01-BIRDIE (2,8,0,0)
CR-F73H
G03-ORCHID (7,3,0)
R03-LINDEN (3,3,4)
SUIGETSU
-
-
-
CR-WR76RA
WL02R-SPECTER

Optional Parts:
O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O05-HISTON, O06-PHAGE, MARISHI

Description:
Exceptionally well-armoured biped boasting dual rifles as well as an energy EO system. Can turn surprisingly quickly despite of its slow movement speed.

Hey look, this is another quad rifle design! No back mounts, no internal parts, energy management is done by boost hopping. If piloted properly, the EOs can be left on as long as the enemy is in sight. Pilot this AC like a heavy-quadruple and do not boost excessively for the best effect.

Sounds pretty similar to what i was already doing for this challenge, except for the legs, hahaha. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Hmmmm. yesss developments!!
Can I submit two bots to this? More bots the merrier?
I'm trying to build one too, but I can only use the site builder for LR at the moment.

your mom, one AC per person for now. That is to simplify entries, though we can use the pre-revised design you submitted if there are too few contestants.

You guys cool with a round robin format? It will take an entire day, and we have to work out who will pilot the guest designs who can't be in the challenge physically. Nix will be out of commission for a while because of his masters.

Also, the date for the challenge? December XX, 2015?? or some other date?