Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:37 PM
Mobile games thread
Because it's sometimes played a bit differently.
So, in a bid not to clutter the general gaming thread. I'd like to start a mobile game thread, which are games played on your mobile device (on both Android or IOS devices). This may include *GASP* Clash of Clans or any other game you might want to pimp out to the rest of the community.

It can be a 1 minute time waster, or an epic console/PC level game, or even a port of the game to the mobile device. In a bid to keep content going, let's include games from handheld gaming devices like the 3DS and Vita.

You can also talk about upcoming or new games in this thread. Or if you just found an interesting game you'd like to share, this is the place to do it. Freebees (as they happen on a regular basis) are very much welcome here in this thread as well. General discussion on new games are welcome too.

As of the moment, this is still small, so let's allow game friend requests and specific game discussion as well. If it gets too big, we can always make a new thread/sub-forum for it.

So here goes. Here are the current games I've that have eaten about 80% of my phone's battery life:

Overkill 3

A nicely made 3rd person cover shooter from an indie studio that's famous for fair in app purchases. Really really nice weapon modeling. If you're into guns or just shooting targets without any limits (no energy/stamina system for this game) then this might be the game for you.

Guns Girl Z (AKA: Guns Girl Escape Ragnarkok, and Collapse Gakuen 2)

Expensive in-app-purchases, timer/stamina system, RNG based upgrade system. All the hallmarks of bad f2p game design. But why do I still play it? Prolly because of this spiffy (semi NSFW) intro they have:

Anyway gameplay vid:

Dawn of Steel

If you've played Clash of Clans or similar games, this is only slightly different. That difference, is the presence of giant robots you use to invade other player's territory for resources. They look really nice to be fair. I almost got hooked, and it's really quite addictive.

So there's that for now. How about you guys? You play anything on your mobile device that's interesting?
LOL those DO look fun! However, I have always seemed to not use my phone for games and more for utility lol.
phone has shit internal memory. tablet has shit battery life. so i can't play anything on it. i just use it for portable sugpo viewer and ebooks.

i do play this tower defense game on my niece's tablet. can't remember the name tho.
Welp, anyone else?

I've also been playing Hoplite a lot:

It's a deceivingly complex game that uses simple graphics. You play a lone warrior, out on a quest to retrieve an item in the dungeon. How you go about it is entirely up to you, but the fun part is building up your character in a unique way to reach the bottom of the dungeon.

I can't really describe it properly. I suppose it's 8-bit Dark Souls with the most bare minimum of weapons and an elaborate skill system. How long can you survive in the dungeon's depths?
necromancy powers activate! hahaha

anyway, i'll get to straight to the point:
what are your recommended danmakus, as well as games with a lot of eye candy (read: animu boobies).

more detail:
-gacha elements are actually preferred. i've recently realized that's one aspect of gaming that i haven't fully experienced. sure there's lootboxes in overwatch, but those are cosmetics and don't have the same weight as playable characters.

-fair/generous gacha/f2p model. by this i mean, you can still play through most of the game without being forced to spend money. for example, there's this game where your starting healer and tank are actually top tier for their class. you can also grind to get more pulls or characters directly. not sure if it was granblue fantasy or king's raid.

-offline play is a plus, but not a must. i already have a few games on the phone to for that.

-preferably free, but not a must. i'll just find an apk download somewhere hahaha

my current shortlist:
danmakus
-Icarus
-Dodonpachi Unlimited
-Operation Dracula

waifus
-Panzer Waltz
-Goddess Kiss
-Guns Girl: School DayZ
-Zombie Girls
-Honkai Impact
-Monster Super League
I can recommend Strikers 1945-III, its riddled with ads, but it replicates the gameplay of the arcade version perfectly.

If you're running IOS, play Phoenix II, its prolly the best f2p shmup on the IOS system.

If you don't mind paying upfront, Danmaku Unlimited 2 and 3 are really good bullet hell shmups. They have awesome soundtracks as well.

Oh and Guns Girl: Honkai Gakuen and its 3D cousin, Honkai Impact 3rd are also fun. :p
(03-19-2018, 04:49 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: I can recommend Strikers 1945-III, its riddled with ads, but it replicates the gameplay of the arcade version perfectly.

If you're running IOS, play Phoenix II, its prolly the best f2p shmup on the IOS system.

If you don't mind paying upfront, Danmaku Unlimited 2 and 3 are really good bullet hell shmups. They have awesome soundtracks as well.

Oh and Guns Girl: Honkai Gakuen and its 3D cousin, Honkai Impact 3rd are also fun. :p

will try out strikers and honkai gakuen. will try and find apks for the other 2 shmups

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Games you are planning to play. Goat 466 659,150 03-31-2018, 07:31 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Games "Like" Armored Core Lord_Leperman 1 4,612 03-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  E3 2015 Round up and hype thread Mjting 11 13,914 06-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Shmup thread. Lord_Leperman 36 44,427 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Fox 6 9,121 04-19-2012, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Hell Heart
  The Front Mission Timeline Thread Mjting 6 15,722 10-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Last Post: NiX
  New Vegas Mod Thread Twin-Skies 6 9,800 11-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Goat
  Top 5 games of all time Ar D'Leon 27 33,368 10-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Obscure/Retro Mech Games NiX 2 13,997 10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Goat
  5 Ways Video Games are Turning You Into an Addict Sforza 5 9,352 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Last Post: clonezero