Current time: 03-19-2024, 10:03 AM
Final Fantasy VII Remake
It's actually happening!!!!
As we all know, This year's E3 has been one of the better ones in years. Topped off by this:

As a big fan of this game since Childhood, I for one am stoked as hell.

Let's put the updates here as I'm sure some are keeping a watchful eye on it. Jason
Great reason for us to actually buy PS4s this year! Hopefully the revision is announced soon.
HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO!

Seriously, I almost cried when I watched them reveal this on the stream.
(06-23-2015, 02:31 PM)Grim Wrote: HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO!

Seriously, I almost cried when I watched them reveal this on the stream.

Ditto. Add to that the constant yt videos of reactions haha.
HD Tifa <3

i'm curious as to how the game will play tho. the old turn-based system is definitely not gonna be attractive to today's audiences, but what will they replace/spice it up with o.O? maybe something similar to FF12?
I don't think it'll be an issue. Strategy games like fire emblem and xcom use a turn based system. I actually disliked the changes made which started in FF12. I think it detracts from the RPG gameplay.
From http://gematsu.com/2015/06/final-fantasy...characters

Some more details:

Quote:Regarding the teaser trailer

Nomura: “We’re using part of that video in the game. We’re going to raise the quality even more.”

Regarding the choice of hardware

“You’ll be able to play it first on PlayStation 4, that’s for certain. We’re not thinking beyond that yet, so after that is undecided. Since we’re bringing out PlayStation 4 title after PlayStation 4 title, it’d be great if we can give the hardware and industry a boost.”

It’s not just an HD-ification, right?

“Final Fantasy VII is special, and we can’t ‘exceed’ the game by simply making the graphics nicer. That’s not a thing to be excited about.

“Precisely because it’s a full remake, I want to challenge what’s fun and what’s possible now.”

Will the scenario change or new characters appear?

“There won’t be new characters. As for the visual taste, we’re doing them to match today’s visuals and appear closer to reality.”

Regarding the game system

“I can’t share details, but we’re changing it to a more realistic system.”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/06/final-fantasy...wacus1s.99

No new characters and a more "realistic" battle system. We could be seeing something like FF15's perhaps?
FF15 system is a good modern take on ATB system. Make it still have the bars, but you can position the characters before you make your move. adding more depth like weakpoints etc etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy Versus XIII atdsutm 9 13,352 08-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Zefyr
  Final Fantasy 13-2 RoninFang 0 2,502 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Final Fantasy XIII Sforza 32 38,322 06-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Zefyr
  Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy Fox 13 15,117 04-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Dissidia: Final Fantasy Doom Trigger 26 28,266 09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Jask