Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:46 AM
Improvising Tips and Tricks
I heard that some experiment-minded hobbyists even use weak coffee for panel lines and weathering washes. Wtf
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(08-20-2012, 12:47 PM)Fox Wrote: I heard that some experiment-minded hobbyists even use weak coffee for panel lines and weathering washes. Wtf

Might as well add charcoal.. I was thinking of a no paint weathering way way back when I was doing my Crossbone X-1..

My initial plan was after Im done with basic detailing, I would spray it with a clear flat coat then smear some charcoal to add more depth.. Never attempted though as Im not sure what the outcome would be.. XD
Fuunyaah~
I've also had some moderate success with using pencils to add weathering to model kits with light-colored finishes. I've found that it works best with white pieces.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Something for Goat.

[Image: Gunpla_Flowchart_v3-1.png]

Might give some of you guys an idea of how to proceed with building their kits as well.
Straight Build = Pro Stuff

Seriously, I did the no paint, sand only and weather approach. I don't want to do it again Big grin

Also, Wear a mask. Period
'Signatures are overrated.'
(02-18-2013, 02:35 PM)Serene Wrote: Seriously, I did the no paint, sand only and weather approach. I don't want to do it again Big grin

Yep, i remember that one time. And that was some really dope weathering there. Could've sworn you were high or something. Happy
Just wondering, how do you guys add details on your AC kits? Do you just do it with the color contrasts?

I've been trying to restore this poor Cronus core, but markers don't seem to work for me this time.

Actually nvm! I'm dry-brushing them!
[Image: Tamiya-basic-putty-300x112.jpg]
http://www.resinaddict.com/blog/2011/06/...asic-type/

Very very good. No shrinkage at all, but very messy to use.
'Signatures are overrated.'
REALISTIC BATTLE DAMAGE!

It's like what I did back then when I was a kid but it was less brutal(I used watusi).