Current time: 03-29-2024, 10:21 PM
Destiny
Destiny is the new Halo, from the makers of Halo. A sweeping opera of reclaiming the lost glory of humanity's civilization across the stars, while combating the Darkness and all the alien invaders it manifests in.

You play as a Guardian, awoken from your otherwise eternal slumber, and find yourself thrust into the fray as humanity makes its last stand. Choose from three classes (Titan, Hunter, and Warlock) and specialize the crap out of your build.

Anyway, I'll let the videos do the talking.

Destiny Reveal Trailers

E3 Trailers

Multiplayer

A few "hype points":
Really beautiful settings, an epic backdrop, hardwired multiplayer aspects, a community all riled up and raring to go...

So, anybody planning on getting this game? I know it's not F2P, but it's available for both Xboxes and PlayStations. But given that, it's still a shooter, and I know not many of us are fond of shooters on consoles. Personally, it's a day-one purchase for me. Hit me up if you're gonna give the game a try!
I have a new mistress.

Her name is Destiny.
Saw this at our school's game studio the other day, that was a lot of kills (and time) for a single raid:

Guardians Victorious in Destiny's First Raid
(09-18-2014, 01:55 PM)medusa0 Wrote: Saw this at our school's game studio the other day, that was a lot of kills (and time) for a single raid:

Guardians Victorious in Destiny's First Raid

I think that's par for the course for raids in other MMORPGs, isn't it? Bungie may not like having the "MMO" term associated with their new IP, but that's really what it is: a massively multiplayer online first-person shooter. Granted though, that raid (called the Vault of Glass), and all future raids in Destiny can only accomodate up to six people per instance, which extends the playtime needed. But I kinda like that the game is splitting people up into smaller, more manageable groups, instead of like, 10-15. The action becomes much tighter and intense in that case.

Oh yeah. The game has its faults, and it's not entirely what it was hyped up to be. Story is bland, there's no custom modes on multiplayer, game mechanics are indeed grindy, sometimes in the wrong way. If you read the reviews, most will be lukewarm about it - this tends to paint it in a bad light. But at its heart, it's still a solid, fun, and really addicting game. Especially with friends. Ravenflau and I agreed that it's almost a lot like RR's other-other favorite game - right down to the syandanas.

Shameless plug: if ever you guys decide to get it... you know which clan to join. Right now, Flau and I are the only ones there (LOL), but we're getting to play with a ton of other people from other clans and it's been a very enjoyable experience so far. I myself added maybe like 20 new people on PSN just from looking around.

Overall, as you can tell, I dig this game. It appeals to my space cowboy hero aesthetic.
It's a good game, Great PVE and a very balanced PVP. Story is sort of lacking though, overall an upgrade from Warframe. Too bad it doesn't have Katanas..

Anyway Grim, two are joining but they haven't registered to Bungie yet, dunno when they'll do that. Others have already joined a clan and others simply think that the clan centered around me because of the name -___- Terribly sorry bout that
(09-18-2014, 05:56 PM)Grim Wrote: I think that's par for the course for raids in other MMORPGs, isn't it? Bungie may not like having the "MMO" term associated with their new IP, but that's really what it is: a massively multiplayer online first-person shooter. Granted though, that raid (called the Vault of Glass), and all future raids in Destiny can only accomodate up to six people per instance, which extends the playtime needed. But I kinda like that the game is splitting people up into smaller, more manageable groups, instead of like, 10-15. The action becomes much tighter and intense in that case.

Must have gotten used to three hours raids nowadays, props to anyone who can stomach more. Salute

Anyway, can't imagine trying to do one of those with a PUG group, even if it is done in multiple sittings. I have also heard that grinding pass level 20 is dependent on random loot drops, not sure what to say about that.
(09-19-2014, 12:28 AM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: It's a good game, Great PVE and a very balanced PVP. Story is sort of lacking though, overall an upgrade from Warframe. Too bad it doesn't have Katanas..

Anyway Grim, two are joining but they haven't registered to Bungie yet, dunno when they'll do that. Others have already joined a clan and others simply think that the clan centered around me because of the name -___- Terribly sorry bout that

LOL it's fine. If it doesn't take off, it doesn't. Smile

(09-19-2014, 12:36 PM)medusa0 Wrote: I have also heard that grinding pass level 20 is dependent on random loot drops, not sure what to say about that.

It's not entirely dependent on that. You can also buy the awesome stuff which have leveling-up capabilities by grinding through missions which allow you to farm special types of currency. When done properly it shouldn't take more than a little over a week to get close to the current level limit (29 or 30, I forget).

RNG is, as it's name implies, random. Can't depend on it - it's a bonus at best.
I'm going to get a PS4 before the year ends and Destiny might just be one of the first few games I'm going to play in the system. How is online, by the way? Like the matchmaking and stuff.
[Image: 21.jpg]
am playing all day today. online tayo?
(09-24-2014, 04:27 PM)Gradlein Wrote: I'm going to get a PS4 before the year ends and Destiny might just be one of the first few games I'm going to play in the system. How is online, by the way? Like the matchmaking and stuff.

Personally, I've been booted out of a fireteam while a mission was in progress, and have seen some people booted out of the team as well. This hasn't happened to me while I was in multiplayer though. For the most part, I'd say it's pretty stable, with the occasional hiccups.

The format of the game puts an emphasis on making friends and teaming up, but the random matchmaking isn't bad either.
Grad!! Yeah, get a PS4! Enjoy Pvp. Wala masyadong tactic like ACVD pero still fun nonetheless
question re bounties. what does it mean kill X with heroic modifier active?
(09-30-2014, 09:32 PM)AEA1 Wrote: question re bounties. what does it mean kill X with heroic modifier active?

You have to play whatever mission/strike your target is in, but on hard mode. If you select hard mode you'll see these icons which signify modifiers for the mission, like Heroic (harder AI), Epic (higher shields for enemies), Lightswitch (enemies deal more melee damage), and so on.
thanks. found your PSN. just click me up when you see me online

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (PSP) Soul Calibur Broken Destiny Sforza 6 9,145 09-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Immaterial