Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Need Help! Upgrading PC (a bit skint)
I'm absolutely clueless about these things, I need your help.
I'm looking to play pro evo 2014, dota 2, and possibly nba 2k14.

Here are the system requirements from canyourunit:

http://picpaste.com/pics/970yPFlu.1393128701.jpg
http://picpaste.com/pics/xURti8f6.1393128894.jpg

Soz, it won't embed. LOL

Is my video card the only thing that needs upgrading?
And if I only upgrade the video card, will the game be sluggish because my processor barely meets the minimum req?

Thanks.
your processor if fine but you may need to lower settings.

upgrade your ram to 4gb plus (but if you can go higher/better do it)

and as for your vid card get at least a mid end 2gb one.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Can you give me names of vid cards that'll do the job and are cheap (3k+)? I really am clueless with these things lol.

Thanks again!
(02-23-2014, 01:42 PM)Morrissey Wrote: Can you give me names of vid cards that'll do the job and are cheap (3k+)? I really am clueless with these things lol.

Thanks again!

I'm sorry but that really is something you have to canvas yourself, just go to the pc shops near your area and check your options.

Then before buying check the card's rating online.

What I can tell you is that upgrading your Ram is cheap and it's the video card that's gonna burn through your wallet.

But here are some links Nvidia spams me from time to time, tells you more about what you need to know about video cards.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/article...-750-class

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/...g-part-1#1

One thing you will see there is that if possible try to add in a second video card if your motherboard allows it as that would be the cheapest thing you can do.

And the reading the comment section seems to hold its own tips, just be warned as it is the comment section. Tongue

1GB ATI Radeon 6670 DDR5 128bit 3,150

2 GB Nvidia GeForce 440 128bit DDR3 2,395

1GB ATI Radeon 6670 DDR3 128bit 2,495

1GB ATI Radeon 6570 DDR3 128bit 2,195

2 GB Nvidia GeForce 630 128bit DDR3 -2,295

These are the one's I can afford, which one of these are alright?
None of the cards you mentioned are worth it. Down the road, you wont be able to play any games again and you'd spend more buying a new vid card again after a year or so.

I'd recommend saving up a little bit more and get a gtx 650 ti or save up a little more for gtx 750. Both of these cards are well enough to handle any current and future games for about 5 years or so.

When upgrading PC's, its best to not skimp too much and always go for better but affordable prices as you wont have to upgrade again after a year or so and upgrading will be cheaper if you will plan to upgrade in the future instead of buying a new rig.

Also, you might want to upgrade entirely to a new rig because your current setup wont actually be able to maximize your video card's potential and you'd still have FPS drops here and there. If you buy a 650 ti or 750, you wont need to spend more to upgrade as you already have a reliable video card.

I bought my gtx 250 around 5 years ago for just 5k and its still kicking. I can run Skyrim, Witcher 2 and Guild wars 2 on High custom settings.
Fuunyaah~
1GB ATI Radeon 6670 DDR5 and 2 GB Nvidia GeForce 630 128bit DDR3 are your two choices from how I see it. I say get the Nvidia one even though the Radeon is the newer model because even though the Radeon model has more features its still not far infront.

Wasn't able to get a site that had reviews for both cards for some reason so I wasn't able to find a good comparison outside looking at their stats.

Thanks for all the help! Smile
I would go for the 6670. It's more horsepower with less legspace, in car terms. You can easily bump up your RAM, as VRAM is pretty much for textures. What you want is the power to process Dota 2 and the other game consistently at medium to high settings.