Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:49 PM
I want to introduce a friend to AC Nexus
In a few months i will have a friend visit from another country.
One of the things i want him to experience is an AC game.

last year he briefly played ac2 but did not like that at the start was not much time to get used to the controls (to be fair the ac2 factory first mission is quite BS for a new player to the series)

so my plan now is to have him experience AC nexus.

but i want it to be a fun experience for him.
so my question is. How do you guys think i should show him the game...
what missions to avoid... when to bring up what all stats to him... maybe some other ideas?

I hope you guys can give some neat suggestions ^^
If you have LR, don\t let him go through Nexus. He might enjoy AC more if it's LR as mechanic is more balanced.
For most AC games, you two could just have sparring sessions at the start to have him get used to the controls.
'Signatures are overrated.'
As much as i love LR and (like you said) how balanced it is.... I much rather have him go through nexus... the key point is i dont wanna have him annoyed already as beginner...and the start of LR has some crazy first few missions. *cough*boltfirstmission*cough*

Nexus starts pretty easy and even has if you fail the first mission twice... which already is an acomplishment... has jack-o saving the player

i'll have him play LR though if he liked nexus enough. Will blow his mind more then seeing LRs mechanics over nexus'
Normally I'd recommend either AC3 or Silent Line if it's only for single player missions. But I remember Nexus had a bonus disc with missions taken from the ps1 games. They're ok too.
Wel i will say i only got Silent Line on the vita (which isn't the best way to show something, being handheld) and 3 i do not have at all (the eu vita shop doesn't have 3)
so my choices are limited and nexus in my opinion has been fun and not too difficult to learn

I just mostly am curious how you people think i should approach the whole game with him so it wont overwhelm him with all of the stuff you do
(02-10-2014, 06:58 PM)Buster TBM Wrote: As much as i love LR and (like you said) how balanced it is.... I much rather have him go through nexus... the key point is i dont wanna have him annoyed already as beginner...and the start of LR has some crazy first few missions. *cough*boltfirstmission*cough*

Oh I remembered that I haven't played Nexus. But I do think it's better mission-wise from how I saw Hellhound play before.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Oh you never went through Nexus?
Personally i found it quite fun, perhaps you could go through it too?

Anyway guys, we're getting a bit off track here, can you guys suggest in what manner i should introduce the stats? it's quite a lot to take in on one go?

also, was Nexus the first game to have that if you had energy remaining from energy output that it would go into a faster energy regeneration?
Also the same i want to ask if this was the firstgame to have if you use less weight yo actually go faster , i remember in AC1 and 2 it mostly was about what booster and legs you were using

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  obtaining human plus codes for action reply max ps2 pal (for nexus and LR) zinaida1988 0 3,620 12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Last Post: zinaida1988
  Ever had trouble introducing an AC game to a friend? Buster TBM 4 7,171 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Armored core Nexus ending?! Rexzo 5 11,561 11-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Rexzo
  The early Nexus J.E_Magog 3 5,462 09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog