Current time: 04-16-2024, 03:33 PM
ACVD: Komurasaki
Hi Mbl Hi Def Med Biped
I guess it's about time I posted my staple AC design as well. This AC was inspired by AC4/AC4A pilot Serene Haze and Komurasaki from Unbreakable Machine Doll. It is intended for a support fire role; laying cover fire, luring enemy ACs, and draining enemy AP to induce stress while the killers go about their business. I have been playing like this ever since I joined you guys and have gotten a little more used to it. The frame itself should be versatile enough to adapt to any close to mid range loadout. Without further ado, let me introduce my constant partner, Komurasaki:

[Image: 1560521_812450425438712_1091803983_n.jpg]

Specifications:

Booster: 157
HB: 313

KE DEF: 1887
CE DEF: 1159
TE DEF: 1212

Total Weight: 7385
Stability: 1084
Recoil Resistance: 1334
Turning Performance: 719
Energy Recovery: 4977
Repair Cost: 194800

AP: 36705
Total Load: 5805
Loading Capacity: 5904
Total EN Consumption: 12553
Energy Output: 17530

Assembly:

Hd-G-A88 (CE RESISTANT HEAD)
MATSUKAZE mdl.3 (TE RESISTANT CORE)
AE-118 (CE RESISTANT ARMS)
L03 FreQuency (MEDIUM BIPEDAL LEGS)

Internals:

FA-215 (QUICK LOCK FCS)
Ge-D-G23 (HIGH OUTPUT GENERATOR)
Bo-C-H11 (HIGH POWER BOOSTER)
RA-209 (STICKY TYPE RECON UNIT)

Armaments:

Right Arm: MURASAKI mdl.3 @ 2472 TE ATK PWR (LASER RIFLE)
Right Bay: AM/BRA-224 @ 2190 CE ATK PWR (BATTLE RIFLE)
Left Arm: Au-B-A17 @ 1823 KE ATK PWR (RIFLE)
Left Bay: Au-U-E05 (HIGH AP CE SHIELD)
Shoulder: SL/CWA-243 (CIWS)

There it is. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Edit: I changed the core listed here from mdl.2 to mdl.3. It took me a bit of time to notice the error.
I believe this design has a lot of potential to be on the frontline, but your choice of weapon really lacks DPS. Under heavy fire, this AC can tank a few rounds but you're opponent will be able to outdamage you when given enough time. Ditch the BRA-224,it has really low DPS that not even its accuracy can make up for it. Not so sure with the Murasaki either. It's an excellent weapon but doesn't really suit your style of approach. I can also imagine the difficulty of sustained firing with the Murasaki especially with your current EN recovery output. Less than 5500 EN output will lead you to a situation where you're forced to choose between evading with Hi-Boost or to keep firing back at the enemy.

It's mere observation of course based on the specs you posted and with your attack pattern taken into account. I could be wrong so by all means, feel free to bash my input =)
I knew my choice of weapons was gonna get busted.

But you're right, this loadout will not prevail in a damage race. This fact has been proven during our mock battles.

I would really like to switch to the weaker KRSW but the MURASAKI is the one weapon that I cannot part with for this design. However, I have managed to take down quite a few lights, mids, chickens, and tetras with it. It has served my play style well. You know how I love to just hang back and keep a low profile while shooting at the poor AC that you guys are badgering, waiting for that sweet KS Smile

As for the 224, well...it has a good range and the muzzle velocity is among the fastest for Battle Rifles. Pretty accurate and with my high firing stability arms, I am able to increase the reload speed of the gun noticeably, allowing for a semi-constant stream of accurate BR fire. Since I don't play at the frontlines, I try my best to make my shots count and assist in leading you guys to a kill. But all the bullcrap I just mentioned doesn't really matter...my main reason for picking this weapon as my CE option is because it looks badass.

The ARAGANE mdl.2 has been in my mind a lot lately as a potential replacement for the 224. But it is just so....ugly.

PSN ID: Arrui_La_Ferte
Pretty solid design IMO you just need to ditch that KE Rifle.. Too much drain and low DPS.. I'd use an RFA-222 instead as it will dish out damage faster, lock on faster and pressure much much easier with less weight and energy consumption but holding down both of your triggers with a Laser rifle could be tricky.
Fuunyaah~
Thanks for the input, Hell. I remember you telling me the exact same thing before and, for a time, I did switch to the RFA-222. The problem is that tetras, tanks, and chickens have very little difficulty in raising their KE defense above 1.5K, rendering even a full powered 222 ineffective against most of them. I can hit more, but I was doing little to no damage. It was terribly useful in busting up non-KE shields though.

The reason behind me choosing the Au-B-A17 over the 222 is the high damage. Surprisingly, most tetras, tanks, and chickens don't bother raising their KE defense over the Au-B-A17's damage range. It seems that most players don't even bother raising it beyond 1.7K. I say, "Stop looking down on rifles!!!". I remember 1 AC wiping out 3 tanks using dual Tansys. The thing is I like making my shots pierce through an enemy's defenses. With the Au-B-A17's damage and muzzle velocity, I am almost always guaranteed to land effective hits against tetras, tanks, and chickens. This makes it easier for me to assist you guys in scrapping our enemies faster. My arms have a firing stability of 191, which makes the reload speed bearable.

But everything that I just mentioned might as well be bullcrap. I really like how the rifle looks and its rail design goes well with my BRA-224 and MURASAKI mdl.3. Smile All that other stuff is just an added bonus.

not even 191 can help with the reload time of tansys. they are only etfective when dual wielded to maximize damage efficiency . I agree with Hell, Rf-222 has far more potential as a support weapon. Frankly arrui, you're not yet that good enough to priritize looks over stats. You're style of play contradicts your design. You prefer support fire In the front line, but your loadout is for long range. I can't stress how important it is that the design and the pilot must sync in order to become a crucial component for the team's victory. You have to decide whether to adjust for your weapons or have the weapons adjust to you Smile
"That White_Rain guy, on the other hand..."

I kid, I kid, I'm not THAT arrogant (if at all). I'm still merely a whelp with a penchant for obliterating in wide-open spaces, my ability to maneuver around in densely-packed areas is still lacking, mind you.

Anyways, onto the topic at hand.

I personally like this AC. Sure, it can use some good tuning, but then again I always say that about every AC design ever because there's never been such thing as total perfection, now has there? We all have to sacrifice some stats to improve the performance of several others. That being said, while your AC has several times over had the ability to out-maneuver and thus out-damage HYPERION 1.0 (caps for stylizing) in all places but an open area, my AC's caught up fairly well, not to toot my own horn here. You still have more skill than I do, so you'd still win in this AC. It's done its fair share in battles and has done GREAT deals of support in the battles I've had the honor and joy of being a part of while foolish daredevils like myself go out and rush the front lines guns a-blazing like our ACs were built to do, or go up in the sky to let it rain white-hot metal (see what I did there?) upon the unwary.

Your AC has some high-class DEF stats and admirable AP. Weaponry is greatly diverse and is definitely great in assisting in all fronts, but still needs some adjusting. If what they say is true, then the only conclusion I can gather is that you have the loadout of a front-line assault AC and the DEF of one to boot, with the mindset of support fire from a ways away. As R.Leonhardt said, the types need to mesh together.
Now, I'm not much of a pilot, but think about me as an example for a second - I've always been one to go out and doggedly pursue an enemy, or get somewhat close and swirl around just to try to screw with their aiming unless they're fleeing. Granted, I always tried with a heavyweight biped and failed miserably because those things just aren't built for speed, but I eventually went for a mediumweight biped and couldn't be happier. R.Leo, I can't read his style, but I think it might be my type plus a bit more tact thrown in instead of all-out brute force like I'm so used to (I blame the PS2 era).
We're both in need for some high training. But if I were you, Arrui, the VERY first thing you want to do before you construct your AC is think of what you're trying to do and set yourself up to do it. Let me put it this way: The tool is useless without the one operating it, as they say. A hammer laying on a table isn't gonna help you build that picnic table. A chainsaw resting in the garage isn't gonna cut down a tree. They need somebody to operate them in order to get the job done, and in order to get a job done, you need a clear idea on what the job itself is that you wish to do.
Of course, the flaw with everyone else's advice here is that the best way for one to get work done is usually the way they're comfortable doing it. So if I were you, I'd get a clear idea of what you want to do and build a setup that works best for you to get that job done. Happy
Hmm, it has worked so far and i've had better days doing mercenary work with this loadout than when I was using the 222. I think I just settled into it really and I am slowly adjusting to it. I really feel good about this rifle.

And I dont fight at the frontlines. You guys do. I just fire at enemies from the sidelines since i'll just get in the way if I close in. If you observe how I play i'll always retreat from an enemy AC and pull it towards you. I'm aware that my loadout doesn't kill fast and I don't carry any trumps like you guys do and the enemy is aware of this, too. Most of the enemies that do follow me think that they scored a weak target that can't fight back, which is mostly true, and they'll keep on following me until i'm dead. Which is okay by me. If I can keep them off your back for a while then i'm happy. That is why most of the time, when you guys are done with the other enemies, you will still find me dancing with 1 or 2 ACs, with my AP barely intact. It's funny really, when that leftover realizes that he/she is alone.

I don't have a knack for the intricate maneuvers and scan/battle mode management that you guys do which is why I practice that at my off time. If I have to take a guess, I think that doing a lot of merc work shaped how I play. I just stay back, conserve my ammo and AP loss to minimize repair costs, and offer support without taking the glory from the client. I just hang back and let them enjoy the mission without endangering them, which makes me feel good.

Gods, I apologize if I came off as being narcissistic and conceited but that's not the reason why I pick cool looking weapons. I pick them because they look more attractive and reliable in my merc profile and I would like to think that new players that hire me for story missions would find me reliable and hire me over others, think of them as peacock feathers if you will.

I always have a nagging sensation in my head when I look at my AC and I don't like what I got equipped but i've got to equip it because it is better than what I want. It messes with my piloting. Surely you guys can understand this, right? Or maybe not. Being pragmatic all the time really doesn't work for me. After all this is Armored Core and it's online to boot! The stuff of dreams. Sadly, i'm not ace material. I realized this more and more after this game has beaten the living daylights out of me over and over. More so after joining RR. After those mock battles and switching to your camera views. When I saw how you guys fight. It was like watching Gundam Seed's Kira or Code Geass' Suzaku. I was amazed and disheartened at the same time. None of them at HellHoundz, AEUG, or RU played like that. But I can at least feel good about this mech game some other way.

Although, I am still looking to replace the Tansy. I've been testing how the adjustment was made to ineffective shots using dual handguns. It seems that even low damage weapons with high reload speed can still drain AP at an amazing pace making handguns, gatling guns, and HEAT machine guns formidable....when dual wielded. I'm still looking into it though and I MIGHT return to using the 222. I mean after all....the 222 also looks badass. Smile

I just remembered that match with you and Zeph left against two bladers. I was laughing my ass off. Who are you? Kuroko?

Anyway, as long as you bring a CIWS, I'm happy. I hate having no shoulder weapons but 5-8k damage every 2 seconds is too good to pass up.

EDIT: Regarding damage, because of the patch, going over the listed defense is no longer necessary. As long as 1.3 times of your damage is over the defense, it should do at least 50% or something IIRC.
[Image: 21.jpg]
(01-20-2014, 06:57 PM)Gradlein Wrote: I just remembered that match with you and Zeph left against two bladers. I was laughing my ass off. Who are you? Kuroko?

Anyway, as long as you bring a CIWS, I'm happy. I hate having no shoulder weapons but 5-8k damage every 2 seconds is too good to pass up.

Oh Grad, "I'll be the shadow to your light" anytime! XD I love using a CIWS for three reasons: I like to keep missiles off my team mates, I suck at evading missiles during crunch time, and nobody else seems to bother bringing one. Like I said, i'm no killer.

I'll be doing damage tests on the rifles as soon as I get back on, I'll relay anything I find to you.

Personally, I'll ditch the RFA-222 for a reload spec'd Valdosta. Mine got 16 reload speed and around 1k damage. Smile
Fuunyaah~