Current time: 05-05-2024, 02:58 AM
RX18-CALEB ver. HCWA
The Glass Cannon
[Image: lXXmVNU.jpg]

[Image: DviUL8I.jpg]

Note: The core and left arm weapon have not yet been updated in the preview.

The name: I'm really embarrassed to admit but RX18 is a code that the girl and I use. R stands for Reginald, X is for XL (yes, that's her real name), and 18 is our anniversary. Rx is also used in the field of medicine and made it easier to hide our relationship while she was still working here in the Middle East. Even more embarrassing to admit, Caleb (one of the two faithful scouts, the other being Joshua, who returned to Moses after a recon mission to Canaan) is the name we are planning to give our first male child in the future.

The build: I'm paper-thin, seriously. Someone with medium missiles once flanked me and it only took two volleys to take me down. I ate Flau's mini-Sawa and BR in free battle and I went down in less than a couple of minutes. This is not a "hero" build. It works best with support from Arrui's CIWS, Zeph's and Flau's presence (Kuroko...err, Arrui is a terrible decoy), or Zero's plasma gun that obstructs their field of vision.

I have 24 shots with the Weapon Arms, each doing 2 - 4k or 4 - 8k (if both shells connect) damage each depending on the enemy's CE defense but with low muzzle velocity. The patch improved the lock-on time and it is now comparable to a battle rifle's. Works best on heavies, tanks, and even quads (I love quads that just hover and snipe people, I get 3 shots in before they even notice me so that's 12k damage in just 5 or 6 seconds). Lightweights can be hit up close on occasion and if it does, it knocks them out of the air and gives me another free hit.

The pile is either used at the very beginning or when I'm being outgunned while equipped with the Heat Cannons. I used to have a blade on the right arm but I replaced it with a PMG for those pesky LW bladers.

In the short time I used this build, here is what usually happens:

- 15 seconds in during the match, Enemy Destroyed message appears while Zeph cackles, he apparently piled a member of the opposing team.
- 4 vs 3. Flau goes into a skirmish against 2 ACs while the other member is chasing Zeph. Arrui and I shoots at anything within range.
- One of two things can happen, we take the opposing team down one by one or I go outside of area (humiliation ensues) while another one goes down then the remaining two in the team finishes the rest off.
- Then there was that time where Cross got piled, I got kicked by a tank while I was beside him, and Zeph got sniped by Arrui twice...
[Image: 21.jpg]
(01-20-2014, 08:05 PM)Gradlein Wrote: In the short time I used this build, here is what usually happens:

- 15 seconds in during the match, Enemy Destroyed message appears while Zeph cackles, he apparently piled a member of the opposing team.
- 4 vs 3. Flau goes into a skirmish against 2 ACs while the other member is chasing Zeph. Arrui and I shoots at anything within range.
- One of two things can happen, we take the opposing team down one by one or I go outside of area (humiliation ensues) while another one goes down then the remaining two in the team finishes the rest off.
- Then there was that time where Cross got piled, I got kicked by a tank while I was beside him, and Zeph got sniped by Arrui twice...

FUN TIMES! XD excuse me for being a poor decoy! My AC was desert colored that time. Maybe the enemy didn't see me hahaha. And that time when you were kicked by a tank, Cross was the one who sniped Zeph's tank twice! He was using a sniper cannon tetra that time lol! I was actually the one who was left behind. Once again the enemies were just ignoring me. Maybe I wasn't doing much of an impact Big grin

This experiment of yours will give us a lot of information for building WA ACs. Are you planning to try a different WA? Like the TE WAs perhaps?

PSN ID: Arrui_La_Ferte
Yeah. I heard the drain on the TE WAs were reduced. I'll have to find a way to make them fit on the AC first since LW legs can't carry much.
[Image: 21.jpg]
I fought against a couple of chickens sporting those laser cannon WAs while doing merc work. They looked weird while floating with those arms deployed. They looked like half assed UWs. I got scrapped because of my amusement.

PSN ID: Arrui_La_Ferte

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RX18-CALEB Gradlein 7 8,343 12-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Last Post: arrui