Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:39 PM
Value of mission rankings.
Having just gotten ACVD, And been playing it since i got it..Ive noticed a difficulty spike compared to the last game.And I have to say Ive gotten my tail-end handed to me several times over since I started playing, Perhaps its because i tend to be a bit hard on myself when i dont do well at a game I pride myself in playing.But with my hope, that I might be able to a successful team at some time in the future, It makes me wonder if I would be a competent leader, when I Nearly fail half my missions when I solo story mode. Perhaps its just cause im new to this game, and the difficulty spike has gotten me off guard, and its just a matter of improve. But, I guess my question is how highly should one value their Mission ranking? Particularly when a mission is soloed. Should I just be happy to know ive completed it? Knowing i can retry another day when I am more prepared?
Armored Core: Verdict Day NA 360
Team: Unsung Revenant
Looking for Recruits
(09-26-2013, 05:12 PM)KiaYuki Wrote: Having just gotten ACVD, And been playing it since i got it..Ive noticed a difficulty spike compared to the last game.And I have to say Ive gotten my tail-end handed to me several times over since I started playing, Perhaps its because i tend to be a bit hard on myself when i dont do well at a game I pride myself in playing.But with my hope, that I might be able to a successful team at some time in the future, It makes me wonder if I would be a competent leader, when I Nearly fail half my missions when I solo story mode. Perhaps its just cause im new to this game, and the difficulty spike has gotten me off guard, and its just a matter of improve. But, I guess my question is how highly should one value their Mission ranking? Particularly when a mission is soloed. Should I just be happy to know ive completed it? Knowing i can retry another day when I am more prepared?

so far playing thru chapter 5, no problem on difficulty with my all purpose AC yet. altho people at home do find it harder. but the hit and run tactic that i've been playing eversince seems to not fail me.

anyway, mission ranking only means that you don't have the good parts installed when you finished the mission
I personally dont care that much when it comes to mission ranks as you'd probably just need a Tank with Ready weapons and out DPS everything else which doesnt require much skill IMO. It does take a bit of time and experience getting your playstyle together and if you have a willing team to run mock battles as they can be a bit more merciful instead of going straight to free battles does help a lot based on my experience.
Fuunyaah~
Indeed, I guess for me the major reasoning in terms of difficulty spikes, is the sheer number of enemies thrown at you at once, ACV had nothing on the horde of enemies ive gotten thrown at me. And then you got those Missions where you gotta fight a group of UNACs. One UNAC, even two would be little trouble, but because there's like four or five of them against single AC odds are against you even if their attacks just bounce off it still whittles down your AP. So since i dont have a team, and I dont usually use a UNAC myself, I put myself at a disadvantage I guess.
Armored Core: Verdict Day NA 360
Team: Unsung Revenant
Looking for Recruits
(09-28-2013, 07:44 AM)KiaYuki Wrote: Indeed, I guess for me the major reasoning in terms of difficulty spikes, is the sheer number of enemies thrown at you at once, ACV had nothing on the horde of enemies ive gotten thrown at me. And then you got those Missions where you gotta fight a group of UNACs. One UNAC, even two would be little trouble, but because there's like four or five of them against single AC odds are against you even if their attacks just bounce off it still whittles down your AP. So since i dont have a team, and I dont usually use a UNAC myself, I put myself at a disadvantage I guess.

like i said, the rankings just only means that your AC is not equipped with the proper parts to be deployed on that mission (kill them fast and effectively enough). i also find that the garage is nowhere to be found in the missions (which is good)

the consecutive and number of AC's being fought in a mission...

i seem to notice that they're not all that aggressive like in the first game. they hardly fight you with their weapon's optimal range. aside from that, although that it may seem that they're clustered into groups, they seem to have the battle ethics of only having the closest of them to fight the player in a more aggressive tactic.

I first noticed that on Mrs. Kraken and and her sniper gurlfriend

the sniper seems to not be as aggressive on certain ranges, as well as when i'm fighting Mrs. Fischer (sniper literally camped on the other side of the wall while i take on Mrs. Fischer[a very obvious and easy divide and conquer tactic])

Although saying that, Mr Fischer and son seems to have a behavior similar to the first ACV
which I can only conclude that the developers only complexes the difficulty to a more analytical factor rather than just skills alone.