Current time: 04-19-2024, 08:57 PM
White_Rain-AC-Fanfic-Preview
A little sneak peak at an idea I've had for the past few weeks. Only for those into dark-ish, edgy stories.
WARNING!
This fanfiction contains some graphic depiction of violent behavior. If you are not into heavily violent/cruel behavior, TURN AWAY NOW. Otherwise, stay and give me some criticism! Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The man awoke to a bright, shining light. His bed felt less comfy. It felt more like he was... sitting on a table. He turns his head to look, and his thoughts were correct. Though, not only was he sitting on a table, he was strapped to it. Strange, the man thought, are alien abductions real now?
"Not in the slightest," said a rather peculiar voice. By the sound of it, whoever it was was using a voice modifier. "This is no alien abduction. We are humans just like you are, Test Subject 230. Pardon us for our lack of manners, how are you today, Test Subject 230?"
The man was a little worried. What am I doing here!? I have to get home!
"Relax," said the mysterious voice over the loudspeakers. "We are asking a question. Wh-"
"Who's 'we'!? And where am I!?" shouted the man in pure terror.
"Answer our question first. How are you doing? Feeling well in the mind, body, anything?"
"How am I doing!?" the man shouted. "I'm damn near terrified, for one thing! Granted, I'm not sick, nor injured, and I haven't had any mental issues, so I GUESS I'm OK physically and mentally, but WHAT IS THIS PLACE AND WHY AM I HERE!?"
The mysterious voice was silent for a second, then began to speak. "You are in a laboratory. We are about to perform experiments on your body. Human Plus. Heard of it?"
"You mean that one project that turns people into super-humans at the expense of their sanity?"
"The loss of sanity is merely a side effect shown in many of our test subjects. We feel as if we've perfected the technology, and you turned out to be the perfect test subject. Unlike all of our other test subjects, we're gonna give you all of the upgrades at once instead of one at a time. Save you the pain, save us the effort. But we need you to keep calm."
The man took a few deep breaths. Why do they want ME? Why would they want to remove vital parts of my body and turn me into a cyborg? Just for research? This is criminal!
"We can tap into your thoughts at any time, Test Subject 230," the voice said. "This is not criminal activity. We're given special clearance to do this, as it is for humanity's benefit."
"No, you can't! Rrgh!" The man struggles, wriggling his wrists and ankles in their confinement to try to break free. "I won't let you do this!"
He let out a great bellow as he felt a surge of electricity enter and course through his body, causing pain. When it stopped, he couldn't help but stay still - probably for the better.
"We told you to relax, Test Subject 230. Now, one of our doctors will prepare you for the experiment. Stay completely still or you WILL die."
A nurse stepped out onto the scene, with layers of latex gloves, a breathing mask, and a syringe full of a sickly brown fluid.
"Once this enters your system, your body will be able to survive the operation. 89% chance it will work."
The man felt the needle enter a vein on his wrist. He winced a little - it was only a needle, but the nurse could have been more gentle. It was when the fluid entered his body that he groaned in pain. He felt numb after a few seconds, and quite strangely much more relaxed. Did they just drug me?
He tried to turn his head to his side again, but found that he couldn't move his body at all. He became a little worried.
"He's mentally tensing up again! Get some anesthesia on him!" the voice barked, and another nurse put a breathing mask on the man. He screamed in protest, but despite it, the anesthesia entered his nostrils and mouth, and soon he fell asleep.

The man awakens, feeling quite different from before. He sees internal organs - stomach, liver, intestines, a whole lot - being carried off, and the tool table was full of scalpels, knives, wrenches, and all sorts of power tools. Obviously, the blood on them was his own, but he can't figure out how. He quickly got to the conclusion that those were HIS organs, and something happened in his sleep.
"He's waking up," the voice said. "Hello, Test Subject 230. The transplant was a complete success. You are now a Human Plus. Your organs will be stored and treated in our freezer for any human who needs an organ transplant but can't afford Human Plus. That concludes our business with you for now."
The man felt the restraints on his ankles and wrists release, and he got up. He felt very calm, but quite like a robot. Though his senses were improved - He could see much clearer now, and even adjust the depth of his sight; he could also feel every little bump, crevice, and crack in the surface of the old table. He could even easily see a detailed map of his exact position - right in his eyesight!
"You may now leave," the mysterious voice said. "Your Armored Core has been modified and improved to be compatible with YOUR enhancements to provide new functions to your AC, including radar, laser blade waves, and even the ability to fire larger back weapons on a bipedal AC while moving - on ground or in the air. We hope you enjoy your enhancements. We enjoyed testing you."
As the man exited, he ached all over and couldn't figure out why. What did they mean by test subject? What happened there, anyway? All he could recall was waking up and being told he was a Human Plus now. Might his memory have been wiped? He doesn't know. All he knows is that he is a Human Plus test subject, a Raven affiliated with the Raven's Nest, and now he needs to head to the Raven's Nest to get himself situated.
"War's about to break out, Johnson," says the mysterious voice, no longer over the loudspeaker nor using voice distortion. "Corporations are rising, governments are falling, and there's no telling what can happen. Hopefully our new test subject still has his morality and will save us all. After all... he and his friend are our last hopes."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you have it! A preview to an upcoming fanfic (possibly). I will get to work on it soon, but it might be put on a website like fanfiction.net if not right here on these forums. I figured I'd give you guys a sneak peek at what I have down so far. Any questions/comments/concerns? Reply or send me a PM! Again, this is only a preview. Things are subject to change. I hope you enjoyed this preview! Happy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Branded (not an AC fanfic) Roh 1 3,421 01-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Roh
  Fanfic rules and regulations Fox 0 4,028 12-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Fox