Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:34 AM
Bel-Air Pasinaya Fiesta fair
Tenemos Fiesta!
So the village where I live in is hosting this annual fiesta this weekend during May 3-5 and you guys might be interested in going.

Quote:The celebration was preceded by a Vigan trade fair and a native-style perya with rides and games such as the shooting gallery and dart-throwing held at the Bel-Air Phase III park, basketball court and open grounds.

Activities include an animal show featuring Matanglawin host and animal expert Kim Atienza, a rock concert with top bands like Paraluman, a cheering competition featuring school-based squads with a performance from Team Pilipinas, and a fashion show to be participated in by the residents.

There will also be live entertainment featuring singer Anna Fegi and groups like the Tala Children’s Choir, among others. Kalesas will go around the event venue to give it a more native, fiesta-inspired atmosphere.

Lifestyle Feature ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
For those whose idea of fun is shopping, there will be a market selling various food items and dry goods — from jeans to shirts, antiques and handicrafts to animal food.

Dance numbers will be performed by different generations of Bel-Air residents in the evening of May 5. Barangay Bel-Air chairman Constancia “Nene” Lichauco, who is back on her first term after taking a one-year break, says that this is the most-awaited part of the event. Professional choreographers are brought in (this year, they have hired the Whiplash dancers) and all the numbers feature residents in costumes.

http://www.philstar.com/sunday-life/2013...inaya-2013

A few highlights from the schedule I got earlier: On Friday, May 3 is the Vigan trade fair along with the opening of the various rides.

Saturday and Sunday are the meat of the celebration with Kalesa rides all morning, lots of food booths open all day and numerous programs like cheerdance competitions and celebrities on stage etc.

On Saturday 8:30pm there's a rock concert featuring Clover Street, Paraluman, She's Only Sixteen, and The Cohens.

So yeah, cultural trade fair and food with a lot of programs. Any of you guys want to go this Saturday?

Did I mention there's lots of food? It's always about the food. If not satisfied, we can always raid Burger Project nearby.
Won't be there, sadly. Have fun and take pics though!

AWH GAWD DAYUM. Ngayon ko pa naisipan lumayas para bumakasyon, t*ngina. >_>
if other RR folk are going then i'll go too (after getting free comic books tho.) would like to to check if that tapioca tea stall will be there again ^^
Very likely that I can go on Saturday evening. Mark will be free that day too but he's not yet sure if he'll go.
Well, well, well, I got a Buy-1-Take-1 pizza coupon from a leading pizza chain we can use on the 5th as well. Just in case the food in the fiesta is inadequate (unlikely).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xavier School Fair + Visionaries First Indie Talk RoninFang 0 3,027 01-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Little Tokyo Sunday Fiesta Lord_Leperman 1 4,572 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Entrepreneurial Fair HayWire 5 5,854 02-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies