Current time: 03-29-2024, 10:50 PM
Cyber Nations
Don't like how things are going in our own country? Think you can do better, or just wish that you could escape from it for a few minutes a day? Well, while there's always <a href='http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/home.htm' target='_blank'>Civilization</a>, <a href='http://simcity.ea.com/' target='_blank'>SimCity</a> or some other games of the sort, for a quick and dirty web-based version, try <span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.cybernations.net/' target='_blank'>Cyber Nations</a></span>.

It's all a bit daunting at first specially since it's a text-based game, and you're working with abstract ideas and such. People who have an aversion to reading lots of text will most likely not enjoy.

I know that there's a lot of forum-based games like this floating around on the Net, but this one really caught my attention, maybe because of the fact that it's deeper than most of the others out there and is really open-ended. It's definitely not a dead investment of your time. There's politics, war-mongering, research of technologies and other stuff that only governments think of. Parang Civ talaga ang dating, pero no installation required hehe. To top it off, there's a very active community of around 25,000 people to interact with. That's a lot for the types of transactions you'll be doing here.

If you're thinking of playing, how about an alliances and trade agreements, yeah? My ginormous totalitarian nation of 75 people and 10 soldiers living on 2 miles of land really need it. XD

Here's a link to my country's profile:
<a href='http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_guest.asp?Nation_ID=64860&Extended=1' target='_blank'>The Pwnage Nations</a> Tongue
Remides me of nationstates.net which I played frequently during my part-time job last summer. Smile)
Lol, oo nga medyo pareho. I checked your source though, and sadly it looks like the members are losing interest. Yung sakin naman, mukhang bagong salpak lang sa net. That means, excited pa ang mga tao, hehe Tongue

EDIT: I asked around, and it seems that Cyber Nations is indeed a lot better than Nation States. The former is simply deeper than the latter, they say.
This looks good, I mean, in charge of your own country? I smell tyranny >D
[Image: nines.jpg]
<!--QuoteBegin-Black Dragon+Nov 19 2006, 08:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black Dragon @ Nov 19 2006, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I smell tyranny >D[/quote:00912b5a8c]
Yep! Smile)

Did I mention my government is a totalitarian state? XD

My policy is still against drugs though... drugs are bad for the people's productivity. Of course, with frickin' Voodoo as your country's official religion, I guess my people of Celtic descent wouldn't be as productive as those of say... Islam. Tongue

Have I piqued your interest yet, guys? Lol
It did actually Tongue I'll register in my free time. This is text based right? Big grin

I'm banned from PS2 as of the moment, 'til vacation and strict time limit from playing vid games in the PC. But since this is text based, this will be overruled B)

Tyranny rul3z!
Great! When you do register, I urge you to go Team Blue. Then I'll recruit you as part of an upstart Alliance which I'm currently a Senator of. Smile)

Oh and guys, as a way of increasing their site traffic (and my own in-game cash by $35,000, mwahahaha >D), I'm putting an affiliate link up there in the menu.
I already managed to register. My Ruler name is Apollyon and my nation is Grant.

Rough start though <_<
Wheee! Big grin

Naks naman dude, talagang sa Philippine archipelago mo nilagay ah. Philippine flag pa! That's very nationalistic of you.

As a tip, try to buy some land first, then infrastructure, then one or two soldiers if you still have money left over. The first two are quite expensive, and they only come in small quantities, so don't go all crazy on the pesos. Tongue

After that, execute some trade agreements with other countries, but you'd benefit most of all if it was within the Blue Team. Teams work like economic blocs in this game: parang ASEAN in that sense. I'm blue too, by the way. XD

Oh, and I sent something to you in PM over there.
Hey... How do you join an alliance? Blink I'm looking for the Grand Global Order.

Anyway, I'm still checking the stats of other nations, most seem to be peaceful Smile
I've sent stuff in PM to you over there which will make things clear. Smile

But for changing your alliance over to the GGO:

Click on "Edit My Nation" on the sidebar and in the Alliance Affiliation box, select other, and type in "Grand Global Order." Ganun lang kadali.
Ah, ok, thanks Grim! Smile

Grabe pala, hindi pala ganoong kapayapa. Tinignan ko yung Wars across the Globe, lagpas isang daan ang mga labanan na naitala sa isang araw Blink
Haha oo, kasi boring ang peaceful nations eh! Big grin

War is the solution! We want war!

Seriously though, kapag tumama sa development plateau yung country mo dahil sa kakulangan ng money/land/resources, magandang tignan yung option ng war on other countries.

Plus, nabasa ko sa <a href='http://www.cybernations.net/forums' target='_blank'>official forums</a> nila na kapag matagal na walang ginagawa ang mga citizens mo na war-related, nagiging indolent sila at bababa ang income nila. Bad times.

About the trade offer, sorry, pero puno na slots ko for now eh. 4 slots lang kasi ang pwede. XD
Yeah, but it's alright Happy

I just noticed the importance of water in this game Blink

BTW, did I do the registration correctly? O.o
<!--QuoteBegin-Black Dragon+Nov 23 2006, 08:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black Dragon @ Nov 23 2006, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> BTW, did I do the registration correctly? O.o [/quote:d67a7b2d56]
Yeah man, you did, don't worry. Tongue