Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:52 PM
Pacific Rim
Giant monsters vs. Giant robots!
For god's sake just take my money!
[Image: Pacific-Rim-18i-GipsyDanger-Sales-Sheet.jpg]
http://www.pacificrim-movie.net/news/845
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Great movie. Still disappointed with
cherno alpha and crimson were mere props ,not extras. Would have been better if they've killed one or two kaijus in the movie.
THE BOAT SWORD IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER SHOWN ON FILM!!! Clapping
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(07-13-2013, 02:29 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Great movie. Still disappointed with
cherno alpha and crimson were mere props ,not extras. Would have been better if they've killed one or two kaijus in the movie.

I was surprised that
despite the lack of any character development of the Russian folks, I got sad when they got crushed underwater. Like, sadder than when Aussie son executed his supreme sacrifice.

This movie is fantastic and everyone who is, or has ever been a robot/mech fan in their lives should go see it.
Speaking of the aussies,
I don't get why Chuck didn't eject like Mako did. I think it was possible for Pentecost to detonate the bomb all by himself.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/70196332" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/70196332">Imaginary Forces - Pacific Rim: End Titles</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/imaginaryforces">Imaginary Forces</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
I loved every bit of the movie! It is definitely a must watch!

(07-14-2013, 09:27 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Speaking of the aussies,
I don't get why Chuck didn't eject like Mako did. I think it was possible for Pentecost to detonate the bomb all by himself.

It was a big nuke most likely ejecting would have been futile. Better go down fighting (kinda)

If they are making a sequel ( I hope they don't ) they really have their work cut out. The story wrapped up quite nicely in the end IMO and anything added just seems bland in my head.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(07-14-2013, 09:18 PM)clonezero Wrote: I loved every bit of the movie! It is definitely a must watch!

It was a big nuke most likely ejecting would have been futile. Better go down fighting (kinda)

If they are making a sequel ( I hope they don't ) they really have their work cut out. The story wrapped up quite nicely in the end IMO and anything added just seems bland in my head.

Thus a prequel would sound better.

AND WE COULD POSSIBLE SEE MORE CHERNO ALPHA KILLING SOMETHING!
Super fantastic movie. worth every single penny spent for it XD.

Surprisingly I liked all of the Jaegers.
Gipsy Danger kinda looks like Weltall.
(07-15-2013, 06:44 AM)atdsutm Wrote:
(07-14-2013, 09:18 PM)clonezero Wrote: I loved every bit of the movie! It is definitely a must watch!

Thus a prequel would sound better.

AND WE COULD POSSIBLE SEE MORE CHERNO ALPHA KILLING SOMETHING!

Yeah a Prequel would be nice!

(07-15-2013, 12:29 PM)Rorona Wrote: Super fantastic movie. worth every single penny spent for it XD.

ALIVE! ALLLIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE!!! Clapping
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(07-15-2013, 06:39 PM)Fox Wrote:
(07-15-2013, 12:29 PM)Rorona Wrote: Super fantastic movie. worth every single penny spent for it XD.

ALIVE! ALLLIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE!!! Clapping

IIRC, Imouto hasn't died Tongue
'Signatures are overrated.'
err no i'm not dead!!!!
I rewatched the movie and saw this scene where they had "Coolant Low" on the HUD. Mech warrior reference perhaps?
I wonder how would ACs stand up against kaijus?
While smaller AC are more advance and has more firepower available. You can't say they are more mobile as those kaijus move fast as well. But their greatest advantage is they can go underwater, the bane of ACs!(maybe not for ACs from 5)

Wonder how effective an LX shot would be? My guess is it would be on par with a shot from Gypsy Dancer's plasma cannon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pacific Rim - Maelstrom Lord_Leperman 4 7,329 07-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog