Current time: 04-16-2024, 07:42 PM
Old Timer Returning to AC
Hello all.

I go by the name Tearsin when it comes to most things on the interweb tubes. I'm a long time AC fan, going back to AC1 when it came out. I have played most of the AC titles, with the exception of AC4 and AC4A, but from what I have seen, read, and heard, I didn't miss anything good not playing those titles.

I'm recently returning to the game series with AC5, and now looking for a good community to converse with online. It appears most of my old stumping grounds are pretty much ghost towns now, but I recently found RR and this site has a good amount of activity and I really like the vibe of the community here. So thank you for having me!

A little bit more about me:

-I'm probably one of your older members, being in my early to mid 30s.

-I see mostly new names here, but some of you may remember me from the AC2 thru LR days. I was a huge community supporter for AC in general, but especially when it came to the US Midwest area, where I even ran a Midwest based forums for a couple years. I would like to think that back in the day my voice carried some weight in the AC community on decisions such weapon bans, tournament/gathering planning and expectations, and the handling of problems in the community.

-In those days I held some of the biggest AC LAN events/tournaments the community ever saw (never could beat the West Coast on actual participant turnout though! They always beat us by a few people. Tongue) ACMM 1 thru 4, ending the events just before LR came out in the US. Besides those events, I had a hand in helping put together 3 other events, and altogether participated in 8 total, winning a tournament or 2 along way, most of the time placing well, sometimes... not so much lol.

-As you can see, I'm an AC community "guy". In the past, the US AC community had some of the best gamers in it that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and calling some of them friends. Simply put, I enjoy and share in the passion the vast majority of us seem to have for these games. While there is definately a new generation feel to the community now, it doesn't seem like that has changed. Big grin I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

-I am an artist, and see there is a nice art section here. I'm looking forward to sharing some of my work there.

-And as you can see, I'm very "wordy" and can easily create walls of text, going on endlessly about nothing. lol

Again, looking forward to getting to know you all.
Welcome back! If you have any designs to share, please do so as the garages here are mostly gathering dust. LOL
Hey, welcome here. I've been a long time fan of AC as well much like some of the members of this board, and I prolly heard of you before. AC Midwest Mayhem were the events of Central Cortex I believe? I ran into some of your posts in a bunch of other AC forums during the early to mid 2000's. :p

Anyways, welcome here Big grin
Welcome to the forums!
'Quel andune, mellonamin. Saesa omentien lle.

(Good evening, my friend. It is pleasure meeting you.)

Nice to see another old-timer, but then again, it seems there's a lot of old-timers here, haha.
The Republic has mostly old-timers, me included. Never knew AC had internet communities until 2006 though.

Welcome to RR.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Welcome to RR dood!
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
@ Medusa0- Thank you Smile While I'm not much for posting designs, I am a HUGE fan of theory-crafting when it cames to part applications. Tongue

@Lord Leperman- Wow, all of that is correct! lol! I didn't think many would remember all of that. Can't help but to boost the pride a lil bit to think that's remembered after all these years. Thank you. Big grin

@ Grim, Skreija, Serene, and Sirius140- Thank you
Welcome to the boards \o/