Current time: 04-19-2024, 05:04 PM
Quel re, melloneamin
longtime lurker signing up just now
name: Preston Connelly

hobbies and interests:
music (new metal, grindcore)
anime (mecha, slice of life)
videogames (mecha, western RPGs, shoot'em-ups)
tabletop games (Warmachine: infantry-based Khador army, WH40k: 10k-pt mechanized Guard, LotR: High Elves, Battletech: Clan Ghost Bear)
literature (Empire From The Ashes, Starship Troopers, Gaunt's Ghosts, Worldwar, Battletech)

first AC game: Armored Core
favorite AC game: Silent Line. Last Raven is a close second. I say "Screw You!" to all the PS3 games, including ACV.
AC type: DFA lights

For starters, I'm a massive geek. Aside from videogames, I've been playing tabletop RPGs since middle school, ever since a friend introduced me to Classic Battletech. I've played games ranging from Forgotten Realms, Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition and GURPS Sci-Fi to Mage: the Ascension, Cthulhutech and the GW stuff like 40k and LotR. Weekend nights with my friends are always held in the garage I've converted into a gameroom.

Oddly enough, my first experience of Armored Core was through a PS1 demo disc that I acquired via a promo from Pizza Hut. I've stayed mostly loyal to the series all the way through the PS2 era. I loved (and still do) SL and LR. I still play those every now and then. Sadly, AC4 left a bad taste in my mouth and the subsequent games have been increasingly disappointing. Hell, my copy of ACV lasted just a little over a week before I gave it to a coworker.

I've been lurking here since 2008. I found the site while searching for LR videos on Youtube and saw fights from that yearly tournament of yours. I've found RR to be a very good source of info, not to mention humor. I was an avid reader of the AC Analogs series until it was stopped.

Oh, and I'm not Filipino. I did date a Pinoy girl back in college. Man, she was an awesome cook. I swear I gained tons of weight during the two years that we were together. Too bad things didn't work out between us.

Aside from some of the homo jokes I've seen, I'm really looking forward to spending time here.

Oh, and the thread title means "Good day, my friends" in Sindarin, the language of the Elves of Middle-Earth.
Sounds like you'll fit right in. Welcome to the forums!
Sup! Welcome!
Fuunyaah~
One of the best intros in a while. Welcome to RR. And glad you enjoyed our vids. Smile
Quote:not to mention humor
God I hope this is not what I think it is...

Anyway welcome and while I normally say "hope you like it here" that probably doesn't apply to you anymore. LOL

So I simply hope to see you here more!
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

I'd use an Elven translation to say welcome, but I fear I might soil the Elven tongue in that case. Anyway, welcome aboard. :p
(08-29-2012, 07:29 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: I'd use an Elven translation to say welcome, but I fear I might soil the Elven tongue in that case. Anyway, welcome aboard. :p

I believe it's "Ce govannen hí na 'lass." Or something.
In Elvish, that would actually be "creoso a'baramin", which would actually mean "welcome to my dwelling". I guess it's close enough, haha.

Thank you all for the pretty warm welcome. Or should I say, "Diola lle ten creoso", (thank you for the welcome).

And before anyone asks, I don't speak a word of Klingon. Hahaha.
Welcome to RR dood!
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.