Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:19 PM
AC2:AA
I think this game had the best level design. And related to that, just about every AC game is very different from the rest, but 2nd and 3rd gen games were the best.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
The storyline was a big disappointment for me especially for a game with too many missions, unlike LR and ACFA that has branching missions and multiple endings. There's just too much uninteresting hard work trying to get to Nineball and it's even more laborious trying to kill him(he's by far still the toughest boss I've faced)
most of the missions their were a bit unique though. and some levels a greatly designed.

story? armored core has already been plagued with sucky, ununderstandable story.
I think they're emulating an actual world than making a story at all. AC2AA is represented like to you as if they were just coinciding events (kinda like in NX) while you undertake various crap from corporations.

My point; concerning the real world (ours), it has no actual story at all. I suppose that's just it.

Edit:

I almost forgot, check out ACU's stuff regarding this. http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/forum/ind...entry14351 Wink

Make sure you download that H-1 discussion file for some good theories. Waaayyy back when ACO was still alive.
My favorite AC stories so far is of AC3,ACSL,ACLR,AC4 and ACfA. Kids won't be able to apreciate the uniqueness of style of the stories, which is why most people say it sucks. It's not just about the stories, it's about the metaphors and stuff that are related to real life.

In AC3 for example,the concept of having a fake world. Other people would just ignore that detail, but the thought of you having to live in that world is just scary, it can affect the player emotionally.

I don't know wtf I'm saying but just ignore the post if you don't get it
^ Pretty much what I forgot in my previous post. LOL

Anyway, (again) imo it's a real world emulation with metaphors and stuff to confront/challenge the player's philosophical beliefs, such as the Leos Klein's batshit plans and the Controller's protocols for fake peace. I suppose that rather than having an actual everyday, scifi story; it's more of a personal one, just with robots.

In case someone doesn't know, it goes like this as far as I know:

AC1>ACPP>ACMoA>AC2>AC2AA
AC3>AC3SL>ACNX>ACNB??>LR
AC4>AC4FA
AC5

Deja vu, I think.
Man I got a lot on my plate this summer, mostly new games, for now I won't get any new games until the following criteria has been fulfilled: Kill Nineball Seraph in both MOA and AA, beat AC4 once, unlock a new weapon skill in Disgaea 4, play a little more of Contra, but for one I'd like to point this out,

I WILL BE USING H+ IN MOA CUZ CIRCLE STRAFING WASN'T PERFECTED BACK THEN, BUT I WILL NOT USE H+ IN AA CUZ I AM JESUS IN AC2!!!!!!!!!
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
^ Jesus doesn't kill y'know, nor does he fight..

Just sayin'
Ok lemme rephrase that...

I AM A BEAST IN AC2!!!!!!

(Even without the Karasawa and Moonlight I still have my trusty 1000 round machine gun)
(07-04-2012, 11:29 AM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: ^ Jesus doesn't kill y'know, nor does he fight..

Just sayin'

Link.
(07-04-2012, 11:31 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: (Even without the Karasawa and Moonlight I still have my trusty 1000 round machine gun)

Have you ever played Last Raven, son?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
unfortunately just LR portable, and there it got useless fast
My point exactly. Don't get too attached to the bottomless clips, especially if you also plan on playing Nexus and Ninebreaker.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I don't think that'll happen, but i occasionally use rifles for a challenge when i feel like it
Play Project Phantasma or Master of Arena then. The rifle selection there is pretty... interesting. Big grin